Dr. Sandra Cohen Is this you?

2 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. Sandra Cohen?

Depression is acceptable, but suicidal is not.

Posted on February 18th, 2011

~This is a warning to others~ I had read several very positive reviews of Dr. Cohen at another site and off the participating Drs in my area, she was the one I REALLY wanted to see. I ended up having to wait almost 5 months to get an "initial appointment" with her. Unfortunately within the first 15 minutes, she basically told me she didn't want to treat me. BE WARNED- Dr. Cohen does not "feel comfortable" treating adults who are currently suicidal or have ever been suicidal. She actually said to me "I can understand a youth or teenager being suicidal because they don't have control over their situation. But not an adult. I mean COME ON, YOU'RE AN ADULT!" Wow, way to kick a person when they are seriously down and coming to YOU for help. Nothing like insulting the seriously depressed person to make them feel better. Gee... I'm so glad I waited 5 months to be told "You're an adult, come on!"

Posted on February 9th, 2016