Dr. Sandra Kwak MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.0

July 20th, 2016
Horrific experience. This doctor is so condescending. After giving a diagnosis, she abruptly got up to leave the room and informed patient to google it and schedule an appointment to come back with questions. Excuse me?!?! Save yourself the heartache and do not bother seeing this doctor who will tell you to go google it.

November 26th, 2015
Snippy. She barked to her front office girl "Make sure the new patients are on time!" I couldn't believe what I was hearing! She talks at you, not with you. Everyone has an energy, and I definitely sense a negative energy with this young one lol! Avoid this one unless you enjoy being treated as a child.

August 25th, 2015
Not impressed with this doctor. Poor bedside manner. Seems like a robot and not interested in people. Go elsewhere.

July 20th, 2015
Not a positive doctor or positive experience.
Dr. Kwak is no warmer than the laptop she stares at during the entire appointment. I had a thyroidectomy due to thyroid cancer. Prior to that, I had been in good health and had felt well. After the surgery and once on Synthroid, I started to feel very tired and gaining weight rapidly. Dr. Kwak was not helpful in adjusting my medication. Her response to my symptoms and concern was, "You may never feel as good as you did prior to surgery." While that may be true, I need a doctor who offers me hope and cares about how I feel and not just my lab results. I was treated rudely by her and felt that she has little respect for patients. I would recommend avoiding this doctor. I'm surprised that she has received any positive reviews as she is not a very positive doctor. BTW - I've never felt the need to take the time to write a review (on anything) - that gives you an idea how strongly I feel about Dr. Kwak.

April 24th, 2015
The doctor's smug, condescending attitude is only exceeded by the outrageously rude behavior of her staff. If you want to be treated like a dimwitted child, this is the place to go.

August 24th, 2014
BAD BAD BAD
Dr. Kwak has absolutely NO bedside manner. All she cares about is money and I do not see her practice lasting longer than 2 more years. She seems like she brings her personal issues into work because she is always in a bad mood. I have seen the way she treats her staff & it is shocking that they still work under her. She is intelligent, but intelligence can not buy personality.

August 2nd, 2014
Competent and intelligent, but would not recommend
Dr. Kwak is definitely competent. I'm certain she knows her "stuff". However after an initial appointment with her (referred by my internist), I'm afraid I would not recommend her. She will get the job done, but I had to stop her from leaving the room to ask a few questions. I'm sure to her my issues were simple, but it me, never having had to have taken meds on a daily basis, it wasn't "simple". I left her office feeling like I didn't have the big picture as to what was going in with my thyroid and body. Her front office (I figured out it's actually just one of her front office), comes off as rude, nervous, and stressed out. She insisted I arrive 30 mins early for my appointment. I did. I ended up done with whatever paperwork they needed in 7 mins, and sat around for the remainder of the time, along with the additional 10 mins past my appointment time for the doctor to arrive. Note I was the first appointment of the morning, so it wasn't as if they were forced to be off schedule. I have a 2 year old son, was paying for a sitter to be there, and I was just think the whole front office experience was, in a word, rude. One of our neighbors is a doctor who also works in the same building. By pure chance, or perhaps luck, I ran into him as I was walking into my initial appointment. He asked who I was seeing, and when he looked at my paperwork, his response was "oh". I told him that didn't give me much confidence as I had read poor reviews of her the night before. He didn't say much, but tellingly about a week later gave me the name of another endocrinologist he knew personally and recommended. He never said anything negative, but rather nudged me in a different direction. This is an extremely well established doctor in his field and a trusted friend; I felt he knew the business of medicine as well as my needs, and that he was looking out for my best interest. What a difference. A doctor that sat down with me, explained everything from A to Z, pulled out his smart phone and showed me an app that rates safety of meds, Synthroid being a class A drug...talk about peace of mind. That's the doctor that's going to win my business and who I'm going to trust. If he/she can sit there and answer questions I didn't even know I had, along with the ones I did have, you're hired!!! The compassion he showed me, understanding how busy I was as a mom, making sure I left feeling at ease....priceless. That's what a doctor should be. That said, different people look for different things. I believe Dr. Kwak is competent and intelligent...I just felt she was disinterested in my case and I really didn't feel like I left with any more understanding than I walked in with. Whether she was disinterested, I'll never know. Maybe that was just a first impression, but you know what they say about first impressions.

September 3rd, 2013
Would not recommend
No bedside manner whatsoever. Only cares about money. Will make you come in if you have a question, and refuses to speak to you over the phone. It's sad because she's such a young doctor, I do not see her practice lasting much longer.

August 12th, 2013
A narrow minded
Does not run appropriate labs for thyroid. Will condemn other doctors who run appropriate free t3,t4 along with TSH. Every good endocrinologist I have seen will evaluate based on symptoms and appropriate labs. She is TSH only doc and could care less about your hypothyroid symptoms. She is narrow minded, does not listen, lectures you and is more than arrogant. I am happy to report I found another Endocrinologist who has treated me appropriately based on symptoms and thorough testing. She has much to learn about her specialty and how to treat people.

July 22nd, 2013
Excellent, Thorough Doctor
I'm surprised at all these negative reviews. One of my parents has been seeing Dr. Kwak for the past five months and she has been incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and thorough in her examinations. I like how she errs on the side of caution, and makes sure to rule out any sort of rare conditions as she sees fit. She explains things thoroughly and allows you to have a clear understanding of her thought processes, allowing you have the total picture when it comes down to making a decision. In each appointment, she spends time to go over the labs and address your concerns. Never has she appeared rushed, patronizing, or condescending, and in fact, she makes sure to not leave the room until all your questions are answered. Further, her staff is on top of it, and always makes sure to remind you of any future appointments and/or procedures you need to have done.

May 14th, 2012
Perhaps the worst bedside manner I've ever experienced from a doctor...and, living all over the world, I've been to hundreds. She is rude and her listening skills are close to absent. In a day of choices, she needs to change her behaviors - shocking for a fairly young doctor.

February 24th, 2012
Dr. Kwak is more of a business woman than a doctor. You will never speak to her unless you go in and pay for an office visit and she will charge you to send you copies of your own medical records and lab results.