Internist

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
DISSAPOINTED: " Use to be a good Doctor" show details DISSAPOINTED: " Use to be a good Doctor"
Apr 16th, 2015

Dr. Levitt started out as a good doctor when I began seeing her several years ago, but recently she has gotten very forgetful. Recently I had an appointment that was made several months in advance for a physical and to have needed Lab Work ordered. When arriving at the office I was told that she was running late as usually (the usual wait is approx. 1 hour in the front office and another 20-30 minutes in the exam room.) She did not order any lab tests for me which were necessary on my last visit, but I was told that would be ordered on my next appointment during my physical visit (which was due) in about 4 months. Upon my much awaited physical and Lab appointment, I waited over 1 and 1/2 hours (in front and back office area before being taken to an exam room)? I waited approx.. 10 minutes in the exam room and was then told by staff, that entered the room, "that my appointment was only to refill a prescription and the Doctor did not have time to see me for a physical today." "That my appointment was Only to refill a prescription, and she was currently in the middle of a physical and that I would have a little longer wait?" After waiting, at this point, over 1 hour and 45 minutes and being told that this visit was not for a physical and lab work which I booked several months ago, but for a 10 min. prescription refill appointment... I left the exam room. The staff does not seem to know what is going on and it appears that Dr. Levitt does not seem to be aware, or remember, The staff finally did confirm, to me, that this appointment was for a physical and ordering lab work not for a prescription refill. I was then just told by staff that.... "well mistakes happen" To me this is not excusable and shows very little concern for me as her patient. Also, trying to get a prescription is next to impossible. The staff just cuts you off or says they have to check on that and then they don't call you back or tell you that you need to make an appointment with the doctor to refill prescription you have been on for years? Dr. Levitt's staff can be very rude at times. I've called & been hung up while on hold several times with this office. I would no longer recommend this Doctor to anyone.

compassionate, holistic physician show details compassionate, holistic physician
Apr 7th, 2015

Dr. Levitt is a superb, compassionate doctor who thinks in a holistic manner. She takes time to listen to the patient's concerns and asks probing questions. I have never felt rushed during my visits. She does tend to run late but this can be attributed to the fact that she values quality care above strict time slots. What I especially appreciate is that she doesn't view medication as a miracle cure for all health concerns. She equally values the role of nutrition, exercise, meditation, and psychological health. To this end, she has naturopathic physicians on staff. I have found all of her staff ranging from the receptionists to the physicians assistants to the nurse practitioners to be competent and compassionate.

i was her patient show details i was her patient
by Gina Curry on Apr 3rd, 2015

i was her patient before I missed doctor Levitt, I would like to go back to her..

Happy show details Happy
by Woody N on Jun 2nd, 2013

A very caring and attentive physician. Is very patient focused and takes the time to handle each situation. We are long time patients and are extremely happy with Dr.Levitt

Forgetful Doc, Rude Staff - Not Worth While show details Forgetful Doc, Rude Staff - Not Worth While
Jun 11th, 2012

Dr. Levitt started out as a good doctor when I began being her patient years ago, but she has gotten forgetful: she hasn't ordered tests for me, has forgotten to inform me that i begin a specific vitamin regime, and has forgotten to refill a couple of prescriptions when i ask for them! Dr. Levitt's staff is severely rude! I've called & been hung up while on hold several times. I've tried to buy vitamins only to be told they're out when they had plenty only an hour before. I've found a great doc just down the road!

She's the Best! show details She's the Best!
May 4th, 2010

I am so lucky to have found her! She has a keen sense for underlying problems. She relies on her peers in Eastern Medicine for help as well. I am in terrific hands!

If You Like Being Seen by PA's Then This is the Doc for You! show details If You Like Being Seen by PA's Then This is the Doc for You!
by Frustrated Patient! on Apr 28th, 2010

I was unable to accurately rate this doctor because I have NEVER been able to see her. I've tried to schedule appointments with her, but she's NEVER available for me, NEVER has time free, or is not in the clinic. I've begged, pleaded and written to her, but in the 2 years I've been her patient I've only been seen by her P.A.'s. Some have either been rude, or have not diagnosed me accurately or were so pressed for time that they ignored some of my illnesses in order for them to finish with me to move on to the next patient. I don't know what Dr. Levitt is like. I'm afraid that I will never be able to catch her in order to schedule an appointment with her. If you like being seen by P.A.'s then this is the doctor for you!

Jun 29th, 2009

Although you may have to wait past the appt time, Dr. Levitt is WELL worth waiting for because of her knowledge, bedside manner, and the amount of time she spends with me (as with other pts) which is why she may run late. She is by far the best doctor I have seen in my 50yrs.

Mar 12th, 2009

Terrific doctor - very caring.

The Best Service EVER show details The Best Service EVER
by azbrat on Mar 22nd, 2007 on kudzu.com

I don't even know where to begin. I was in the market for a new Dr and did my research and decided on Dr Levitt. From the 1st moment I called the staff was polite and friendly. I was able to get in with a PA named Bartley who was funny and thorough. I needed a referral to see a specialist, he explained everything to me provided me with some names and numbers. I made my appt w/the specialist and had to leave that information on a Voice Mail system so that the referral was processed through my ins company. Not only was it done in 3 days they called me back to confirm it was done and to see if Needed anything else. WOW that's great service.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com