Dr. Sandra Quartner MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

August 11th, 2016
Awful. I have problems with completing a pelvic exam and she told me to "get over it" or I wont be able to have a normal relationship with anyone. I did not know what to say because this is totally unexpected from an experienced doctor. She failed to give a proper diagnosis and told me I don't need to see her if I am not willing to do a pelvic exam.

May 4th, 2016
VERY RUDE.

September 12th, 2015
I wouldn't recommend.

August 17th, 2015
Rude. One time visit and would NEVER recommend her to a friend

July 31st, 2015
Highly Recommend Dr. Quartner
Dr. Quartner was referred to me by my previous GYN who no longer practiced deliveries. After my first visit I felt that she was straight forward, matter of fact, knowledgable with no warm fuzzies (which I thought I needed) That was until during my 5th month of pregnancy I was hospitalized for 2 weeks before any of the doctors could figure out what was wrong. One surgeon suggested I remain in my excruciating painful pregnant state doing nothing (because he was afraid of all the risks involved). Yet Dr. Ritollo (2nd opinion suggested by Dr.Quartner) agreed to operate. In what appeared to be an obvious loss of my 5 month old baby in my womb, Dr. Quartner was right there!!! She was instrumental in my successful surgery by Dr. Ritollo. She was there through it all! During the surgery, during my recovery ( very frankly & thoroughly informing the doctors/nurses on what would be best for me & my growing unborn baby (who survived the surgery that every doctor said she wouldn't), and during my c-section, follow-up and to this present day. My husband and I appreciate and trust Dr. Quartner's candid yet caring, astringent yet always attentive, stern yet sensibly knowledgeable way of doing what we believe she does best! She was exactly what we needed through my first very difficult and complicated pregnancy (age 39) and my second pregnancy (morning sickness the entire pregnancy)(age 41) and prayerfully my third (soon). We are grateful to God for Dr. Quartner and highly recommend her!

April 21st, 2015
Excellent Doctor
I was referred to Dr. Quartner by a friend when I was seeking a new GYN. No, she's not warm and fuzzy and no, she's not going to hold your hand. What is going to do is give you the best care. She going to be direct with you, and will educate you. She answers all of my questions and when I had surgery, she gave me ALL of my options along with what to expect, and the risk, with each option. Together, my husband and I was able to make a very informed decision that turned out great. When she came by my room to see my post surgery, she explained what they found and how the issues were resolved. I referred one of my friends to her and they loved her!!! Because she's the only doctor in her practice, the wait time may be a little longer than used to, but it's worth it to get quality care.

April 23rd, 2013
Love her
I have read the reviews on Dr. Quartner, and although I agree she is not the warm fuzzy some women may need, she has always taken time to listen to me. I have been with her for 15+ years and she and I have had many conversations about various things. She has always taken excellent care of me whether it be a surgical procedure or the birth of my daughter. I feel very confident in her medical abilities and her knowledge. I will be very sad when she decides to retire. I love her no nonsense approach. To me, it is comforting to have such a confident doctor. Also, her staff has always been very friendly to me and I love that I see the same faces every time I go.

September 25th, 2012
I'm a current patient of Dr. Quartner in the third trimester of my pregnancy. I notice a trend in the comments. Those who have gone through labor and delivery with Dr. Quartner have nothing but positive things to say. Those who haven't seem to be the ones saying the negative things. This is something to think about. Here are my thoughts. Dr. Quartner is very thorough. The friend who had initially recommended Dr. Quartner (who had delivered her 3 children) called her a perfectionist. I want that quality in my OBGYN. Not someone who rushes from delivery to delivery but someone who takes the time to make sure the delivery is done flawlessly.Over the year and a half I've known her, I've found her to be brusque at times, but when I had my miscarriage, she was gentle, empathetic and tender. I have had to wait for appts, especially if she had a delivery that day or the day prior and was backed up. She's in solo practice; this is going to happen. In our conversations about the labor & delivery process, she's been very frank, treated me as an intellectual equal, and yet explained processes in terms that I can understand. I've never felt as though I could not ask her a question. That is very welcome.

September 20th, 2012
Dr. Quartner came highly recommended from a friend who is a nurse. She had a difficult and complicated pregnancy and Dr. Quartner was very through and helped her along the way. Dr. Quartner is a no-nonsense doctor. If I had had another OB-GYN I don't think they would have picked up on the problem I was having and I would not have my first daughter. I have recommended her to numerous people. When I mention her name, several people have told me stories of how wonderful of an ob-gyn she is. A friend of mine had to have an emergency C-section, her husband was not with her. Dr. Quartner walked her down to admitting, my friend was so distraught that Dr. Quartner ended up staying with her through the delivery. Yes, Dr. Quartner may not always give you the warm and fuzzies during appointments, she always weighs on the side of caution for the baby's and your concern, but when it comes down to it I want the doctor how will be by my side when I need them. She will be there for you when you need her.

September 17th, 2012
long term
I am a 56 year old woman who has been seeing Dr. Quartner for over 30 years. She has been wonderful. There was a period about 10 years ago when the appt wait was incredibly long, but it seems to have been corrected in the last several years.

June 9th, 2012
Very Knowledgeable! But one drawback...
The doctor's medical knowledge and standards seem to be excellent. Considerably better than my last 2 Ob's (there was a lot of testing that was missed). She educated me on things like protein intake and calcium intake (in addition to pre-natal), which was never mentioned with previous doctors. She is very thorough. I am a high-risk pregnancy due to epilepsy and bi-polar illness. She saw that I was on Medicare disability due to my mental illness and flat out asked "You can be on disability for that?" It was said in a rude tone. It's a little bit scary that someone in the medical profession, who seems so educated doesn't know that people are unable to work full-time due to both physical and mental disabilities. It almost left me with a feeling of she didn't believe in mental illness or she was not happy that I chose to have a child with this illness, while on medication, which as of now is deemed "class c" (meaning Either studies in animals have revealed adverse effects on the fetus and there are no controlled studies in women, or studies in women and animals are not available). I asked her at the end of our meeting if she had any issues with me being bi-polar and she said no, she was just concerned about the medication because findings are always changing on what is "safe" for baby. I'm going to see how my next appointment goes with her. I take knowlege over a smile in a doctor any day, however, if a doctor does not "approve" of my choices or has "issue" I would appreciate they openly say that and decline to treat me, verses negative comments and attitude. I respect every person's right to their own opinion:)

February 25th, 2012
Great Doctor!
She is a great doctor. She is a doctor who does not take any stuff, if something needs to be taken care of she gets the job done. She has delivered three of my kids and I have another on the way for her to deliver. She will answer any questions or concerns that I have. I never feel rushed. I live an hr. away from her and yet I still keep coming back because she is a great doctor!!! And so what if you have to wait a little longer in the office for your appointment, she is a solo practice. It's better then having multiple doctors everytime you go into the office.