Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

6569 N Charles St
Ste 304
Towson, MD 21204
410-339-3904
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  Love her  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2013

I have read the reviews on Dr. Quartner, and although I agree she is not the warm fuzzy some women may need, she has always taken time to listen to me. I have been with her for 15 years and she and I have had many conversations about various things. She has always taken excellent care of me whether it be a surgical procedure or the birth of my daughter. I feel very confident in her medical abilities and her knowledge. I will be very sad when she decides to retire. I love her no nonsense approach. To me, it is comforting to have such a confident doctor. Also, her staff has always been very friendly to me and I love that I see the same faces every time I go.

Sep 25th, 2012

I'm a current patient of Dr. Quartner in the third trimester of my pregnancy. I notice a trend in the comments. Those who have gone through labor and delivery with Dr. Quartner have nothing but positive things to say. Those who haven't seem to be the ones saying the negative things. This is something to think about. Here are my thoughts. Dr. Quartner is very thorough. The friend who had initially recommended Dr. Quartner (who had delivered her 3 children) called her a perfectionist. I want that quality in my OBGYN. Not someone who rushes from delivery to delivery but someone who takes the time to make sure the delivery is done flawlessly.Over the year and a half I've known her, I've found her to be brusque at times, but when I had my miscarriage, she was gentle, empathetic and tender. I have had to wait for appts, especially if she had a delivery that day or the day prior and was backed up. She's in solo practice; this is going to happen. In our conversations about the labor & delivery process, she's been very frank, treated me as an intellectual equal, and yet explained processes in terms that I can understand. I've never felt as though I could not ask her a question. That is very welcome.

Sep 20th, 2012

Dr. Quartner came highly recommended from a friend who is a nurse. She had a difficult and complicated pregnancy and Dr. Quartner was very through and helped her along the way. Dr. Quartner is a no-nonsense doctor. If I had had another OB-GYN I don't think they would have picked up on the problem I was having and I would not have my first daughter. I have recommended her to numerous people. When I mention her name, several people have told me stories of how wonderful of an ob-gyn she is. A friend of mine had to have an emergency C-section, her husband was not with her. Dr. Quartner walked her down to admitting, my friend was so distraught that Dr. Quartner ended up staying with her through the delivery. Yes, Dr. Quartner may not always give you the warm and fuzzies during appointments, she always weighs on the side of caution for the baby's and your concern, but when it comes down to it I want the doctor how will be by my side when I need them. She will be there for you when you need her.

|  long term  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2012

I am a 56 year old woman who has been seeing Dr. Quartner for over 30 years. She has been wonderful. There was a period about 10 years ago when the appt wait was incredibly long, but it seems to have been corrected in the last several years.

|  Very Knowledgeable! But one drawback...  |  show details
Jun 9th, 2012

The doctor's medical knowledge and standards seem to be excellent. Considerably better than my last 2 Ob's (there was a lot of testing that was missed). She educated me on things like protein intake and calcium intake (in addition to pre-natal), which was never mentioned with previous doctors. She is very thorough. I am a high-risk pregnancy due to epilepsy and bi-polar illness. She saw that I was on Medicare disability due to my mental illness and flat out asked "You can be on disability for that?" It was said in a rude tone. It's a little bit scary that someone in the medical profession, who seems so educated doesn't know that people are unable to work full-time due to both physical and mental disabilities. It almost left me with a feeling of she didn't believe in mental illness or she was not happy that I chose to have a child with this illness, while on medication, which as of now is deemed "class c" (meaning Either studies in animals have revealed adverse effects on the fetus and there are no controlled studies in women, or studies in women and animals are not available). I asked her at the end of our meeting if she had any issues with me being bi-polar and she said no, she was just concerned about the medication because findings are always changing on what is "safe" for baby. I'm going to see how my next appointment goes with her. I take knowlege over a smile in a doctor any day, however, if a doctor does not "approve" of my choices or has "issue" I would appreciate they openly say that and decline to treat me, verses negative comments and attitude. I respect every person's right to their own opinion:)

May 1st, 2012

I have been with Dr. Q for 8 years. It is true, she does not "seem" to be the warm fuzzy type-I don't need that in a doctor- I have friends for that. She is no BS- she will tell you what her medical opinion is and will treat you for what you need. She does have bedside manner- including being in tears when she delivered my daughter after 5 years of trying to conceive and a previous pregnancy loss. I trust her, she has a great sense of humor, and is a good surgeon-If you need to be cuddled, go some place else. She is compassionate and friendly-

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
Feb 25th, 2012

She is a great doctor. She is a doctor who does not take any stuff, if something needs to be taken care of she gets the job done. She has delivered three of my kids and I have another on the way for her to deliver. She will answer any questions or concerns that I have. I never feel rushed. I live an hr. away from her and yet I still keep coming back because she is a great doctor!!! And so what if you have to wait a little longer in the office for your appointment, she is a solo practice. It's better then having multiple doctors everytime you go into the office.

|  Don't understand all the negative reviews  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2011

I've been seeing Dr. Quartner for over 10 years now. I have found her to be very pleasant in the office. She always has taken the time to talk about my concerns and questions. She delivered both my sons (healthy) and was very cautious about any issues I had at my OB check-ups, sending me to L&D for tests, etc. I have at times had to wait for her in the office when she's had a delivery, but I wouldn't expect any less, she checked up on me when I was in labor. Overall, I think she's a great doctor and am confused by the negative reviews..that wasn't my experience at all.

Oct 2nd, 2011

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Quartner. She's been tremendously good to me, as I've gone through a miscarriage. She's been attentive, caring, calming and very competent. I want to remind people who complain about the waiting times and the rush through the appointments than she is in solo practice. Thus, if she has multiple deliveries or an emergency, things are going to back up and there's no second or third partner who can step in for her. In my appointments with her while pregnant, I can say that she came across firm, competent, knowledgeable, and responsive to my concerns and questions.

|  She is no smiling DR.  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2010

She is insensitive to my diagnosis(fibroids) and could be very rude in making a comment. I wouldn't want her to perform surgery on me because she could be having a bad day!

|  Not a very good OB/GYN  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2010

She was very rude and it felt like she did not care about my PCOS. My husband I are trying to have a baby and it seems like every time I went to go and see her she was looking down on me for doing that. She made my mother feel very uncomfortable too. I could not imagine her having my baby I see her bed side matter is very low. Her staff is also very rude too. They tried to tell me I did not have an appointment then a few min go by and the staff said to me sorry we had you under a different name. I was very upset about that. I am now seeing another doctor in the same building and he is great!!!

Aug 18th, 2010

Gave me a "clean bill of health" on my annual exam, despite my symptoms. Forced her to prescribe one more test which revealed presence of cancer

Jul 15th, 2010

Dr. Quartner was nice the first time I saw her. After I decided to go off the pill she was insensitive and rude, so much so that I stopped seeing her

|  Ok doc if your not expecting a lot from her  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2009

She doesn't show much feeling. She doesn't really talk a lot about your issues. She is quick with the exam. I had to wait a long time in the room with nothing but paper on. She did get the job done though. I was given medication when I needed it and she made sure my baby was ok during my pregnancy. Overall, if your not looking for a lot of sweet talk and smiles and you just want to get your exams and go home, she is the doc for you.

Oct 21st, 2009

I actually agree with both prior comments. I think she is very knowledgeable, but also very busy and not able to spend a lot of time with "routine" patients.

Apr 6th, 2009

She is very professional and great at what she does. I have had surgery done by her and now I she will deliver my baby.

Jan 22nd, 2009

i have been with her for 2 years n i am ready to change do to the fact she doesnt seem to sit long enough with you n go into detail about problems. when i express a concern she doesnt always seemed concerned.