Dr. Sandra Quartner Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Sandra Quartner?

Rude and Rough

Posted on July 17th, 2017

I was a high risk pregnancy due to age and went to her on the recommendation of a coworker. I suffered a miscarriage and she did a D & C in her office. I was scared to say the least and she was rough and as I cried because I was in so much pain during the procedure she told me to stop being a baby. I never went back to her and instead selected the head of OB/GYN and high risk pregnancy at Sinai Hospital who delivered both of my children. This was more than 30 years ago and I still have a bad taste in my mouth from her distainful and unprofessional attitude. And judging from many reviews she hasn't changed.

Horrible doctor

Posted on April 25th, 2017

Went to her for a exam and while doing the exam she said how I didn't have anything wrong and everything looks healthy then she punched my vagina real hard and I screamed then she said she guess she should have been a little bit more gentle. Then she told me that I shouldn't be still having a period. She is terrible don't go to her.

Posted on August 12th, 2016

Awful. I have problems with completing a pelvic exam and she told me to "get over it" or I wont be able to have a normal relationship with anyone. I did not know what to say because this is totally unexpected from an experienced doctor. She failed to give a proper diagnosis and told me I don't need to see her if I am not willing to do a pelvic exam.

Posted on May 4th, 2016

VERY RUDE.

Posted on September 12th, 2015

I wouldn't recommend.

Posted on August 17th, 2015

Rude. One time visit and would NEVER recommend her to a friend

Highly Recommend Dr. Quartner

Posted on July 31st, 2015

Dr. Quartner was referred to me by my previous GYN who no longer practiced deliveries. After my first visit I felt that she was straight forward, matter of fact, knowledgable with no warm fuzzies (which I thought I needed) That was until during my 5th month of pregnancy I was hospitalized for 2 weeks before any of the doctors could figure out what was wrong. One surgeon suggested I remain in my excruciating painful pregnant state doing nothing (because he was afraid of all the risks involved). Yet Dr. Ritollo (2nd opinion suggested by Dr.Quartner) agreed to operate. In what appeared to be an obvious loss of my 5 month old baby in my womb, Dr. Quartner was right there!!! She was instrumental in my successful surgery by Dr. Ritollo. She was there through it all! During the surgery, during my recovery ( very frankly & thoroughly informing the doctors/nurses on what would be best for me & my growing unborn baby (who survived the surgery that every doctor said she wouldn't), and during my c-section, follow-up and to this present day. My husband and I appreciate and trust Dr. Quartner's candid yet caring, astringent yet always attentive, stern yet sensibly knowledgeable way of doing what we believe she does best! She was exactly what we needed through my first very difficult and complicated pregnancy (age 39) and my second pregnancy (morning sickness the entire pregnancy)(age 41) and prayerfully my third (soon). We are grateful to God for Dr. Quartner and highly recommend her!

Excellent Doctor

Posted on April 21st, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Quartner by a friend when I was seeking a new GYN. No, she's not warm and fuzzy and no, she's not going to hold your hand. What is going to do is give you the best care. She going to be direct with you, and will educate you. She answers all of my questions and when I had surgery, she gave me ALL of my options along with what to expect, and the risk, with each option. Together, my husband and I was able to make a very informed decision that turned out great. When she came by my room to see my post surgery, she explained what they found and how the issues were resolved. I referred one of my friends to her and they loved her!!! Because she's the only doctor in her practice, the wait time may be a little longer than used to, but it's worth it to get quality care.

Love her

Posted on April 23rd, 2013

I have read the reviews on Dr. Quartner, and although I agree she is not the warm fuzzy some women may need, she has always taken time to listen to me. I have been with her for 15+ years and she and I have had many conversations about various things. She has always taken excellent care of me whether it be a surgical procedure or the birth of my daughter. I feel very confident in her medical abilities and her knowledge. I will be very sad when she decides to retire. I love her no nonsense approach. To me, it is comforting to have such a confident doctor. Also, her staff has always been very friendly to me and I love that I see the same faces every time I go.

Posted on September 25th, 2012

I'm a current patient of Dr. Quartner in the third trimester of my pregnancy. I notice a trend in the comments. Those who have gone through labor and delivery with Dr. Quartner have nothing but positive things to say. Those who haven't seem to be the ones saying the negative things. This is something to think about. Here are my thoughts. Dr. Quartner is very thorough. The friend who had initially recommended Dr. Quartner (who had delivered her 3 children) called her a perfectionist. I want that quality in my OBGYN. Not someone who rushes from delivery to delivery but someone who takes the time to make sure the delivery is done flawlessly.Over the year and a half I've known her, I've found her to be brusque at times, but when I had my miscarriage, she was gentle, empathetic and tender. I have had to wait for appts, especially if she had a delivery that day or the day prior and was backed up. She's in solo practice; this is going to happen. In our conversations about the labor & delivery process, she's been very frank, treated me as an intellectual equal, and yet explained processes in terms that I can understand. I've never felt as though I could not ask her a question. That is very welcome.

Posted on September 20th, 2012

Dr. Quartner came highly recommended from a friend who is a nurse. She had a difficult and complicated pregnancy and Dr. Quartner was very through and helped her along the way. Dr. Quartner is a no-nonsense doctor. If I had had another OB-GYN I don't think they would have picked up on the problem I was having and I would not have my first daughter. I have recommended her to numerous people. When I mention her name, several people have told me stories of how wonderful of an ob-gyn she is. A friend of mine had to have an emergency C-section, her husband was not with her. Dr. Quartner walked her down to admitting, my friend was so distraught that Dr. Quartner ended up staying with her through the delivery. Yes, Dr. Quartner may not always give you the warm and fuzzies during appointments, she always weighs on the side of caution for the baby's and your concern, but when it comes down to it I want the doctor how will be by my side when I need them. She will be there for you when you need her.

long term

Posted on September 17th, 2012

I am a 56 year old woman who has been seeing Dr. Quartner for over 30 years. She has been wonderful. There was a period about 10 years ago when the appt wait was incredibly long, but it seems to have been corrected in the last several years.