Overall Review

2.6

November 9th, 2015
Wonderful Doctor
Dr. Sandra Tirado is a wonderful doctor with a great staff. I have been a patient for many years. Her office is busy and procedural. God Bless you Dr. Tirado and for being there. Sincerely

November 5th, 2015
Do not go here.
I have been a patient of Dr. Tirado's since I was a teenager. Well into my mid twenties now, I could estimate at least a ~10 year relationship with this office. Today marks the end of it. Simply put, it is TOO bureaucratic and desperate for $. Here's my experience: I received a phone call today regarding test results. I was a bit taken back by the notice, so I made an appointment without thinking of my unavailability. I am taking a trip out of the country to visit a dying relative. I called the office and spoke with Tina, the office manager, to discuss my results. I explained the situation to her and added in that I did not want to wait nearly 2 weeks to discuss my results. I have received MANY other test results over the phone. I told Tina that I refused to come in 2 weeks later and definitely did not want to pay the copay for results that could simply be discussed on the phone. Tina tried to reschedule my appointment- for a date two weeks later which I mentioned was not helpful being that I would be out of the country and found it outlandish to wait 2 NERVE-racking weeks to find out what the results were. I don't even know if they were abnormal or not. What did Tina have to say? " I will not violate this office's policies for YOU as it is our standard practice" in a particularly catty tone. I completely understand what standard practice is, but I ALSO know that is not a violation of HIPAA to give me my results via phone call. This office is just money hungry. Shame. I repeated that I knew this. I also informed her that she should know this is not how you retain patients as noted by ALL of these negative reviews on Yelp and elsewhere. What did Tina say? "I hope you know this conversation is being recorded". Cool. It SHOULD be recorded to reveal the lack of customer service you provided. You do realize you are a business, right? Anyway, I left a review here a year or so ago detailing one of MANY horrible experiences at this doctor's office, but erased it because I felt bad for Dr. Tirado's office's reputation. However, the continuous hiring of rude staff is pure negligence. I can't wait to find a new provider & receive better service. Dr. Tirado might be polite and efficient when you are in her office, but the waiting room procedures, the staff, and the "standard practices" at this office are bogus. Disclaimer: I only gave 1 star as I had to, to leave this review. Warning: If you enjoy waiting around an hour and a half, being spoken to rudely by office staff (including Tina the Office Manager), and basically being robbed by "follow up" visits that are futile, this is your place.

November 1st, 2015
Unprofessional practice
Overly charging your patients is just tacky and describes really well the way this practice handles their business.

October 23rd, 2015
Fantastic physician!
This is a review of the physician, not the staff. I do not know who has managerial control over the staff; if I knew, I would provide a staff review for him or her. Now, Dr. Tirado rocks! She graduated from an incredible medical school and completed a residency in a very challenging area - internal medicine. She is different than so many of the folks who come here from other countries and accept primary care physician positions that pay squat. Physicians who go through the US education system do not have free education like many foreign born physicians and cannot afford to repay their student loans if they accept those positions. In addition, the insurance companies reimburse squat for those patients, requiring physicians who provide primary care services to see many, many patients a day; it is the insurance companies who are setting the pace, not the physicians. Now if you want to complain about long wait times, consider it is because she is spending more time with patients than that which the insurance company will pay her; she is losing money by providing great care to someone who has a little more complicated need than someone else. What you can do to help is be very organized when you go into the office. Be specific and concise in your health complaint as well as any specific requests. Know your own record so you can help. I went in recently for 1) exam; 2) lipid profile; 3) metabolic screen; 4) refill my Tricor and Lisinopril 5) PCR test; 6) diabetic diet plan; and 7) flu shot. When she entered the room I told her the only change was a lump under my breast being tracked by my Gyno and I specified those 7 items. She asked some questions to make sure that we (she and I, the team looking after my health) covered everything I needed at the time, completed my exam, and then various staff members came in to take vitals, blood, and administer my vaccine. When there was an unexpected surprise on the lab work, she, her staff, and I worked together to have clear communication about the results and then she and I agreed on a conservative approach with a re-check in a few months. All of my visits with Dr. Tirado have been effective and efficient. I feel she cares about me as her patient and doesn't want to waste my time anymore than I want to waste hers - we are both busy professionals. I try to go in as prepared a possible. When I have had to have treatment, she actually referred me to someone who was doing a clinical trial of a promising new medication, saving me tens of thousands of dollars. She chooses the least expensive medications which will work for me, saving me money at the pharmacy. And not to be neglected, she actually practices medicine instead of just responding to a list of information she learned in medical school. She doesn't cook book anything - she thinks through things. She knows everyone's body chemistry is different and what might work for one party won't work for another party. She knows that for whatever reason (allergies and asthma have been ruled out), my airway gets very reactive sometimes after a respiratory infection, leading to incessant coughing which causes other issues. She knows there is only one drug class which actually is effective against that cough and RESPONSIBLY prescribes drugs from that drug class in order to end the coughing. Those drugs are primarily prescribed for a different use BUT because they are known anti-tussives, and because I have been seeing her for 11 years, and because we have tried other things, she is comfortable prescribing them for me when I really need them. I haven't asked her for any in a few years so she knows I am not "drug seeking"...I need them sometimes. She does not use cookbook medicine with me; she treats me as a unique medical challenge and provides care customized to my needs. Most physicians do not do that, much to the detriment of their patients. So please separate Dr. Tirado from the staff; it isn't fair to judge her based on her staff. Those are separate issues. And if you want to feel like you are receiving more of what you need, consider trying some of my suggestions. Be prepared when you go in. Be specific. Ask for what you want, if you have any specific requests. If you have a list of issues and requests, write them on a piece of paper and bring them in; they could slide right into the medical record to make sure your concerns and requests are addressed one by one. When I go in for my follow up in January, I don't need to see her; she will see everything on the lab work, vitals, and weight when it comes to her. I understand what is wrong and if she recommends a path forward, all I need to know is the path so I can execute. Hope that helps. I enjoy seeing her. If it is just standard primary care visit, I intentionally try to get in and out as quickly as possible. When my care requires something more complicated (like now), I am glad to be going to see an internal medicine specialist. What is the difference? Someone trained overseas may have 5 or 6 years of education AFTER high school. An internal medicine specialist trained here has at least 11-14 or so years of education and training after high school; they invest a lot of time and money in themselves in order to be able to provide us with outstanding care. Food for thought, friends.

February 26th, 2015
Only likes money
Doctor Tirado is not a good doctor she likes to made the patient spend money. I went to do I PPD test and the doctor said was positive. She did took the time to check it was not red or big at all. Went she went to the room walking she just got a referral to do the x- Ray I'm very disappointed with her. She made me spend money for the X-ray The xray was negative like my PPD test but didn't took the time to check. Very very bad doctor.

February 24th, 2015
Scum
This doctor is a business- over scredulity to make more money. Trash nothing more.

January 2nd, 2015
Great services

September 29th, 2014
Patient for over twenty years
Ease to make an appointment, promptly. Staff courteous, Diagnosis is accurate and recommend diagnostic tests to confirm cause of illness. Follow up thoroughly and refer, when needed, to specialists for treatment.

December 10th, 2013
disappointing
Extremely rude staff, long wait in waiting room, then longer wait in room. Very busy staff, almost unpleasant and clearly not happy working there. Unable to evaluate physician, because after a few visits, I had no confidence in anything to do with her or her office. A factory.

August 15th, 2011
1. When you call the main line to schedule an appointment, there will be a super long message about miscellaneous notices that are not relevant to you before you will be given an option to connect to the receptionist. They expect you to have all the time in the world to listen to the information they think is important to you. Sorry, I dont have kids, so dont give me instructions to make daycare arrangements for my kid before my visit to your office.2. When a receptionist picks up, be prepared to be asked to hold for a long time.3. Receptionists are not polite or professional. People at DMV will treat you better.4. Be prepared to be hung up on if the receptionist does not like your question.5. When you check in, you will be asked to sign in and wait. Do not expect anyone to smile and have a pleasant conversation with you (this is how a jail should feel). You may have to wait for as long as 1 hour. Your name will be called and you will be told to go in a room. Wait 30 more minutes there. A nurse may come in and take your blood pressure. temperature etc. So if you are excusing yourself from office, it will take you as long as 2 hours plus commute. 6. You will be lucky if you see Dr. Tirado even after specifically asking to see her while making the appointment and them confirming that you will in fact see Dr. Tirado. A different doctor will show up even after telling that you are there to see Dr. Tirado.7. After you see the doctor, there will hardly be any clear instructions on what to do after she has left the room. I always ended up feeling confused. Where am I picking up the referrals from? What lab tests are being done for physical? Where will the lab results be sent to? How will I be notified? Am I supposed to leave now? Oh, and they will tell you to go to the restroom and leave a urine sample there. When you walk to the restroom it will be locked. It's your job to look confused and make eye contact with someone reluctant so that they can unlock the it for you. 8. They will never call you to confirm that your lab results are negative and you do not in fact have the deadly disease you were wondering you had when you made the appointment. I guess it's an acceptable policy even if you are having nightmares and cannot sleep because you still wonder if they ever got your lab results and what they were. But do not worry, if you call in to check the results, you will be given a standard answer "we do not call unless the results are positive, you may leave a message and someone will get back to you". You may spend two more days thinking about what may be in the results, assuming they do call after two days.9. When the doctor sees you, she will always be in hurry to finish the appointment and made a diagnosis. (May be because they are always double/triple booked and are running 2 hours behind the schedule. Not sure.)10. The clinic has a website that will let you see your lab results online. Yay! In this age of sophisticated technology, you will be taken back to 90's when using a website was pain in the butt. Once you login, you will have 4 different messages for each lab result which will take you to different parts of your lab test. But all those messages will either have a same subject or some text that's not even remotely related to the part of the test it is linked to. Expect "Health Records" and other sections to be empty. 11. None of my visits have been successful. I cant think of any health advice from the clinic that actually helped me. The only thing I got out of the clinic is the lab results from my routine physicals, which is done at a lab outside the clinic....my 11 cents.

July 29th, 2010
Not recomended
I am not surprised to find the most patients providing feedback on line have given Dr. Tirado' office 1 or 2 stars. I agree to the most complaints they have: rude and unprofessional staff, long waiting time, and outrageous overcharge etc. To be fair, I need to admit that Dr. Tirado is a capable doctor, however, this doctor office is very poorly run, extremely unorganized. (1) Waiting time - you will roughly wait for 30 to 45 minutes in the lobby and another 20 to 30 minutes in the examination room. (2) Staff, including receptionists, billing, medical record staff, are very rude, impatient, and indifferent to the needs of the patient. During my more than two years visiting this office, I had never had one time not feeling uncomfortable or even bad by how those staff treated me. I was once billed for more than $250 by mistake because the billing people put the wrong code for my visit. It took me a whole year to resolve the issue, as billing people failed to call me back and to exam the medical record. I finally decided to visit the office specifically requesting them to review the medical record, they found then it was an error!!! (3) Health care - For a legal reason, I need to take physical exams and certain vaccines, which are not reimbursable by insurance. I was not initially provided with complete information about how many tests or vaccines I need to have and how much money I have to pay. It made me to visit the office more times and to spend more money than I had planned. I could have visited other doctors had I known the truth at the beginning. (4) Various hidden fees - I had requested an invoice for one service they provided and in my surprise, I was charged for simply providing the invoice! When I finally decided to change my GP and requested to have my medical record to be released, I was told they will charge me for 50 cents per page in the medical record on top of $11 handling fee! Generally, most of doctor office only charge $10 to $20 to release the medical record, while what Dr. Tirado's office needs to do is to put a few large document in the record, they make money out of you from the thin air! When I told the staff on the phone that it is wrong to overcharge the patient and it was the reason why I would want to change my GP. She simply said:" That's fine." Not even a hint of regret that a patient is driven away due to their poor service. I feel deeply sorry for Dr. Tirado, who is a good doctor by herself, yet her staff and nurses show every day to the patients, loud and clear, "We don't care". Unfortunately they forgot they are in health "CARE" business. One of those days, they will get sick too and they would also like to talk to somebody who has compassion. I will definitely not recommend this office to anybody.

May 3rd, 2010