Dr. Sandra Vause MD Patient Reviews

2.5

October 7th, 2013
Outstanding!
Dr Vause and her staff treated my husband recently for skin cancer . The doctors and staff were amazing. I am especially fond of Dr.Vause. She has outstanding bedside manner, she is a bit stern but overall she is extremely informative and honest and we are very pleased with how she , Dr. Bright and the staff cared for my husband and all the surgical Patients . I can't speak for everyone but she is worth the wait. Thank you doctor!!

March 23rd, 2013
Associate Pastor Beloved Community Church
My experiences at Dr. Vause's office have been horrible. She had given me two prescriptions for my skin issues in the past that broke me out terribly. These products were new, expensive and ineffective. It is evident that she values the kickbacks from the pharmaceutical sales representative solicitations more than she does her patients well being. I suffered with more painful skin irritations after I visited her from both these prescriptions when I hoped to be better. She never had the common courtesy to apologize for my pain and suffering. She has a horrible and impersonal bedside manner and her arrogance exceeds that of some the fortune 500 CEOs. I don't know if she has a problem with men, but she has made me very uncomfortable. My experience today was unbelievable. Once again my appointment was at 12:30pm and Dr. Vause did not come in until almost 2:00pm. I had traveled 45 minutes and an hour wait has been about the average time I have waited to see Dr.Vause. This time I brought a very close female friend who happened to be a former dermatologist RN. When Dr. Vause came in she said "Mr. and Mrs. Holmes" and I responded no, this is my friend. She said she would not treat me with anyone in the room unless they were my wife. I told her this is not a medical or legal issue according HIPA, so why? She said correct, you have the right but it is my personal preference in this practice here. She said I could discuss it with my friend and she left the room. I decided this was the last straw and I left and requested a refund of my co-pay. I could have easily lied and said yes that this was my wife. No doctor in my life experience, nor my friend's 16 years in her dermatology career have we witnessed a person with a patient being asked to leave by a doctor. Suppose I was disabled the only person I had in the world was a friend or caretaker? It is obvious that Dr. Vause does not want any witnesses to her very disturbing practices. I am totally through with this office.

March 18th, 2013
Dr Vause has and is treating me and my son for separate conditions. In both cases, she has been very professional and determined to address not only the symptoms, but also root causes. I would definitely recommend her and her support staff. Only criticism is that it is sometimes hard to get an appointment with her (not so with her assistant, Dr. Bright), and often the wait is extended (~ 30 minutes on average). To be fair to Dr. Vause, perhaps this criticism actually reflects the demand for her services, relative to that for her assistant.

March 11th, 2013
l have requested an appointmen two times with Dr.Vause, have not met with her. Have not seen her in the office in my two visits, just her assistance. All the dermostist l had prevevously the doctor all ways served his patients in person. Do not plan to return..

March 4th, 2013
Rude
I made my appointment and had to wait 30 min, before I was called back to see the doctor. At the time I had some type of rash on my arms an legs, so the nurse instructed me to keep my clothes on and the doctor would be in shortly. When Dr.Vause entered the room her words to me were. You can take those off or go out to the desk and make another appointment and come back, because I can't examine you like this. So I undressed, she returned and because the rash was almost clear, she told me I had althetic feet. Talked with her associate instead of me, then sent nurse back in with instructions . Left office found another doctor, would never recommend Dr. Sandra E Vause to no one.

September 7th, 2012
Expert
I have had a derm problem for 13 years and after 2 visits with Dr. Vause my problem was resolved. Excellent customer service and a true expert.

July 3rd, 2012
I truly believe the doctor is highly competent; however, her staff is borderline rude. The doctor appears to be most concerned with "up-selling" patients to more expensive, elective, cosmetic services. These services are expensive compared to comparable services at other offices and they are provided by staff that are fair less than courteous. The doctor hires many who are not professionally trained. While it is admirable of her to provide opportunities to others, she should do a better job at screening their credentials before hiring. For the amount of time and money spent in her office, I was highly disappointed with the quality of services provided.

September 11th, 2011
I would not recommend this office.
This is a business, not a doctor's office. I am extremely disatisfied with the results of my skin surgery. They messed up my insurance claims and now will use excuse after excuse to why they can't finish the work. So, I'm left with the scar. It was a huge mistake to trust her. Dr. Bright is very nice and the PA was lovely. However, I would never recommend this office to anyone now.

July 8th, 2011
Not recommended
Dr. Vause seemed very dismissive of me -- almost 'inconvenienced' by my appointment -- until, that is, I mentioned wanting some information on cosmetic procedures. Then she lit up. It left me feeling that her primary goal was to make money, secondary goal was to care for or about the patient.

May 28th, 2011
Not Recommended!
Thanks for the scars and the inability to accept your mistake.

April 27th, 2011
I would NEVER recommend her...
I have never been treated with such callousness. I was there for 30 minutes...waiting for 15 and then with her resident for another 13. She only saw me for about 2 to 3 minutes. And even then she talked to the resident "about me" more than she talked to me. And in the end, she did not even diagnose me, but sent the resident to do it. They basically said they could not help me, e.g., no prescription, suggestions or anything. I drove over an hour for nothing! I would NEVER recommend her to anyone!

December 9th, 2010
Dr. Vause spoke very unprofessional to me. Her office will charge you for everything, including simply receiving test results. I would not reccomend her practice.