Dr. Sandy Waran MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8
  • 21 reviews

December 6th, 2016
Dr Warren made my feel like a horrible mother. All he keep saying listen MOM. Would not let me speak. Just made me feel horrible. No help for my son.

August 1st, 2016
Very pleased w/ the service.

June 14th, 2016
My 15 yo daughter has been suffering from daily headaches since getting kicked in the head one month ago. We knew she had a concussion, but Dr. Waran explained EVERY possible detail with us. He put both of our minds at ease. His bedside manner was excellent, speaking mostly to my daughter, but making sure I understood everything as well. I am very picky when it comes to doctors, and Dr. Waran is one of the BEST!!

March 12th, 2016
We took our 15 year daughter to Dr. Waran and found him knowledgeable with an ability to get right to the point. He's thorough in his follow through and will test and verify his diagnosis.

February 10th, 2016
Dr Waran is an outstanding doctor.
Dr Sandy Waran is an exceptional doctor. The care he has given to my cousin and my daughter have been outstanding. Waiting for him in the office can take a bit of time but it's well worth it. I would not trust the care of my daughter to any other doctor but Dr Waran. He truly cares for my daughter and takes the time to listen to our concerns.

January 26th, 2016
We were in good hands!
Our pediatrician referred my 2 month old to Dr. Waran office to rule out excess fluid on the brain. Dr. Waran's office called us the very next day and squeezed us into the schedule. When we got there we waited approximately 45 minutes to see the physician but it was understandable since we were squeezed in and once we met the physician it all made sense. Dr. Waran was very thorough and made sure we completely understood our situation. He was very reassuring and made us feel at ease. Highly recommend this office.

May 26th, 2015
**CANCEL your appointment now*** Degrading/should not work with Children
My wife and I took our 4yr old son to see Dr. Waran after the neurologist our pediatrician recommended was not available in the practice. (RED FLAG) Dr. Waran was available. The nightmare session started with a r*de nursing aid asking us a variety of questions while barely listening to our responses. After she typed in her notes and left we sat in the tiny examining room for a solid 15 minutes with our kids. Dr. Waran finally came in and then it started.......... he rambled/barked/degraded/ my wife for the next 15min in front of my kids and I. Instead of using her name he kept calling her "mommy" My wife could not get a single word in. Anytime he gave any real medical advise btw the onslaught (which was rare) she was not giving the opportunity to respond or ask questions or tell him what we have been doing to help our son, our concerns, NOTHING. As soon as my wife was about to speak he would put his hands up and continue... "mommy listen" mommy this, mommy that" No mommy,..... This just kept going on and on... the entire time I was just sitting there with my mouth ajar in complete shock. I started to get really angry after I saw my wife starting to get teary eyed and I was contemplating just telling him to BEEP off and walk out with my family "yes it was that bad" (but I calmed myself down and my kids were in the room) just to make this clear, he did not say a single word to me the entire time. He only attacked and addressed my wife as if my son and I were not in the room.... He did not actually look at my son until about 15 minutes into the ranting at my wife.... "You are not doing the right things for your son" "listen mommy just accept it your son will be on medicine in a few years there is nothing you can do".... after my wife finally got in that she was an adolescent special education teacher he stopped, thought for a second and then shut her down again by saying... "that's great, but you don't see me treating my son do you? When Dr. Waran finally did start "examining" our son at the end of the meeting he saw in the notes we made that he walked on his toes sometimes... he made him walk in a line and tested his reflexes and said he had a slight something (can't remember the medical term) then he said, get ready for it... "make him walk on his back feet, put him in special shoes to hold his feet down if you have to... not now but in first or second grade he will have social issues and you don't want other kids calling him a "BEEP" yes that's what he said to us..... After this review I'm calling our pedestrian who recommended him and calling his practice and making a complaint.... This guy should not be practicing medicine and definitely not be working with children......... we have an appointment in a month and a half to see another neurologist recommended to us and will never return to this practice...

May 7th, 2015
Great experience, great doctor
Very good doctor he was quick, to the point, very informative and helpful. Loved him it was a great experience and he seemed to be very knowledgable in the field.

May 7th, 2015
WORST Ped Neuro EVER
We took our 6-year-old, not only did he push him out of his way, but ignored us directly when we attempted to explain his symptoms. He additionally breached confidentiality of another patient by telling us information about the young boy's medical condition and who he was in the office waiting room. His knowledge of concussions is poor and outdated and when asked about an MRI by a family member he yelled at her. WORST neurologist ever for a child. Not only does he only take information from his assistant and not the parents, but he doesn't review patient information such as an EEG with any care prior to the appointment.

April 28th, 2015
DO NOT USE !!
Dr. Waran was absolutely horrible!!! Confrontational and Degrading!!! Will not go back!

January 22nd, 2015
Advocare Billing Department is Terrible
I wanted to mention the terrible customer service from the outsourced billing department as well. After confirming with the billing department as well as the office that my account was up to date, I recently received a letter that I had been put into collection. Neither the office nor the billing department has made any attempt to rectify this matter even though both are aware that it's happened and agree that my account is not delinquent. Rather than waste any more time trying to continue to resolve this ridiculous issue, I'm paying the bill that I do not owe and finding another doctor.

September 13th, 2014
DO NOT GO TO THIS NEUROLOGIST!
THE WORST DR VISIT EVER!!! In all 6 different countries we've lived in before, this is by far the worst experience we had with a Dr. We went to Dr Waran based on our pediatrician recommendation. The Ped gave us 2 options, however our first option has roughly an 8-months waiting period (although when I read his reviews it was 100% perfect!). I read reviews on Dr Waran and I almost cancelled our appointments (3 or 4 appts required btw). I wish I did!!!! I didn't cancel because I thought we really desperately need help with our son now, and we can't really wait much longer to find any other Dr. Well, 1st appt: Finally met the Dr. He was so bloody arrogant, rude, and very condescending towards both my husband and I!!! He talks about himself as if he is the best in his field and that we should be grateful to be able to see him! In his exact words: "Where you came from, people like me will not see people like you!" Seriously, that was his exact comment, word by word!!!! I kept quite and just try to let it go. I told my husband to try to be patient, maybe he is one of those Drs that has zero bedside manner but excellent in his work. Well, we found out that this is NOT the case with Dr. Waran. 2nd and 3rd appointment were for tests. 4th appt: Review with the Dr. He made us wait for 3 hours!!!! It was unbelievable! No respect of other people's time. No staff nor nurse came to us and apology for the wait or give us any information on how long to wait or whether we want to wait. I can understand if Dr has emergencies (which they claimed the Dr had 3 emergencies), but they they should at least inform their patients. Dr Waran finally came in and it was just one bloody disappointment! The whole process was just such waste of time and money. He came in, told us what we already know about our son. Didn't give any knowledgable recommendation whatsoever! We filled in some forms diligently and he didn't even bother to take a look at it. The staffs were horrible. They're very rude. Except one, actually, but I can't remember her name. By the way, this Dr really can't explain things clearly. Whenever we asked him about something, his answer was always unclear and he tends to mumble. We basically learned so much more from the internet. He could barely answered any questions properly. So basically he told us what our son has (which we already know). And told us that we just need to deal with it (with no suggestion on how to deal with it). And that's it. Nothing else! Total waste of time!!!! I told my husband lets not waste anymore time. No use in asking him anymore question. We just need to leave and better off finding some other Dr. We would've been better to get our son tested in any developmental centers. And then bring him to a psychiatrist. Please do yourself a favor, find any other Dr!