Plastic Surgeon, Surgeon
410 Lakeville Rd
Ste 310
New Hyde Park, NY 11042
516-437-1311
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

• Currently 3.1904761904762 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
by Lisa on Mar 25th, 2014

You know the term "My life is in my doctors hands", well I truly felt that with Dr. Dubner. He came quite highly recommended by several doctors and friends of ours so I went to see him confidently. Not only was he professional and courteous, but he listened to all my fears and concerns. He did a biopsy in the office very delicately becuase I was afraid and he called with the results in the timeframe he said. Thankfully, my tumor was benign but still needed surgey to remove it. Recovery was alittle difficult but every situation that came up, he gave me a timeframe of when things would return to normal and they did! He truly is a caring wonderful doctor and I would highly recommend him to anyone.

|  Positive experience  |  show details
by Beth W. on Jan 23rd, 2014

I found the office staff that greeted us to be very friendly. The Dr. was warm and welcoming. He took the time to ask me about my history and followed with a thorough exam. Received good news and a follow-up in 3 months. I felt confident in the doctor because of his caring attitude. His smile was warm and genuine. Pleasant experience and highly recommend him.

Jul 23rd, 2013

Went in for my scheduled appointment and at that time, I was told I needed a referral or i would have to sign a form saying i was responsible for the whole cost of the doctors visit. It would be helpful that they tell you if a referral is needed before hand

|  A great experience  |  show details
by Elyse on Apr 15th, 2013

I was quite skeptical about seeing this doctor after the reviews I read online. I must say, other than having to wait to get an intitial appointment, my experience from start to finish was an exceptional one. Dr. Dubner took the time to carefully explain the problem I had and what the best course of treatment was. He answered every one of my questions and addressed every concern that I had. His office staff was extremely courteous and helpful

by Dorian on Mar 5th, 2013

Dr Dubner is a remarkable surgeon. He is a true artist . I met at least 6 doctors for consultations and I knew he was the Dr. for me right away. I needed breast reduction and was so at ease with his warm bedside manor and confidence. Every nurse I spoke to at LIJ when I went for pretesting told me he was the BEST, a total perfectionist and that they would all use him, or have already. My results are beautiful, my surgury was virtually painless, and I feel like a new person. His staff is very efficient, especially Dee who coordinates the surgury with such simplicity. I cannot say enough about how warm and sensitive a man Dr. Dubner is and how caring and honest he is. I urge anyone reading this to go meet him ...you will be blown away by his hands of gold and his expertise. I intend to use him in the future and have already given his name out many times.

|  Unprofessional  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2012

I canoy tell you how upset I am from this doctor I will never forget what he did to me he left a scar on my neck and in my head!

Aug 9th, 2012

I am so upset about this doctor he is all about money ,he did the surgery on my thyroid the surgery went well but he left me a bad scare on my neck that he said he will fix it,the second visit I went to him he took me to the room and then he sent me out and told his secretary to tell me he doesn't accept my insurance what a BS. I was young I didn't know how to Handel it. But I am glad that I could write about him to say what unprofessional doctor he is and not good cosmetic Surgen!!!

|  So thankful for Dr Dubner  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2011

I can't say enough about him. He has been so kind and gentle . If ever I had a problem he would always return my calls and take care of me. Wonderful surgeon and I thank God for him taking care of my oral cancer.

Jul 6th, 2011

Dr. Dubner is a great surgeon, I had no problems with him other than the factthat he takes forever to make follow up calls. However his offie staff is horrible! They are extremely rude, they do not make you feel comfortable at all. I cringe everytime i have to call or go in there because they treat you like garbage.

Jul 1st, 2011

The staff in this office was wonderful. They are very helpful and kind. Dr. Dubner spent a lot of time with me. He is smart and very competent. I highly recommend this doctor.

|  BEWARE!!!  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2011

I found Dr. Dubner and his staff to be incompetent and rude. I have never been treated so poorly by a medical group as I was with this group. Dr. Dubner is only interested in one thing MONEY!!!!DOTTIE

|  Patient  |  show details
Oct 6th, 2010

Dr. Sanford Dubner is very competant, kind, thorough and honest. Truly the finest I have encountered and I am so glad to have found him through another recommendation.

Sep 21st, 2010

Dr. Dubner made me feel comfortable immed upon meeting him. I was nervous since this was my 1st surjury. He was professional & caring at all times. I would reccommend him to everyone.

|  Excellent surgeon  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2010

As a performer, I was concerned not only with the possibility of a cancerous thyroid but the career impact after a partial thyroid removal. Not only did Dr. Dubner accurately diagnosed my problem but took great care to ensure the proceedure was as painless as possible but the results left little impact on my voice.

|  Bill  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2009

The care that I received from Dr. Dubner has been excellent. He has performed two surgeries for me and the pre and pest care has been great. The wait time in the office is also one of the best of my DR's. In the exam room in 15 to 20 min. Staff has been been OK. not overly friendly, but polite. Biggest complaint is that they are always changing insurances. i have two different ones that also change so haven't had too many problems.

|  BARBARA GONZALES' DAUGHTER  |  show details
by barbara's daughter on Apr 6th, 2009

My mother passed away 5 months after surgery that had a 95% 5 year survival - dr's took to many vacations

Jan 20th, 2006 on yahoo.com

Rude and incompetent staff, don't waste your time: Although my insurance company verified that he is in my plan, his staff insisted that he was not. They said they only took certain people in my plan and I was not one of them. Untrue, said the insurance c

Read Full Review at yahoo.com