A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Sanford Finkel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Finkel
Depression Patient Education Visit our depression patient education guide to learn about mood disorder, medical conditions and symptoms of depression.Before Visiting Dr. Finkel Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Sanford Finkel, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 19 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Behavioral Disorders
- Behavioral Medicine
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Endocrine Gland Cancer
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Mental Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Finkel graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Finkel has 9 hospital affiliations:
- The University of Chicago Medicine
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Sanford Irwin Finkel MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 44 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Sanford I. Finkel practice?
- Dr. Sanford Finkel has 3 office locations.
Dr. Sanford Finkel practices Psychiatry near Wilmette, IL.
Additional practice locations include: Chicago, IL.
See Wilmette Psychiatrists.