A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Sanford Taffet:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Sanford Taffet is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Sanford Taffet, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Colon Cancer
- Esophageal Diseases
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Liver Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Taffet graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Taffet has 7 hospital affiliations:
- St Vincent's Midtown Hospital
- Mt Vernon Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Taffet accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- Healthfirst - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 3 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Hudson Health Plan - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Sanford L. Taffet practice?
Dr. Sanford Taffet practices Gastroenterology near New Rochelle, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Mount Vernon, NY.
See New Rochelle Gastroenterologists.