3.8

March 30th, 2016
Dr. Suh has been amazing at helping me find the right medications to manage my ADHD and insomnia. He is very sympathetic to how difficult the controlled substance system can be and goes out of his way to make sure I understand why he is making the treatment decisions he does.

July 10th, 2015
Good. Finally someone who listened.
I went to my general Dr complaining of anxiety. Was put on antidepressants. When I saw DrSuh he cancelled all that and told me I wasn't depressed and needed stuff to calm me down-duh! Happy with the new prescriptions that are "take as needed". Less pills to pop. Better RESULTS! Happy and carefree again. Thanks!

February 26th, 2015
Avoid his recommendations on medications there are better ways of help.
Was forced to see him by my mom and all he did was raise the dose of my medications which I was having bad side effects with but that was not an issue to him. His eagerness to raise my dose made him seem more like a drug dealer than a medical professional. I would not recommend anyone to see him.

December 14th, 2014
Its always enjoyable on my appointments. Hes like a friend you have "coffee talk" with. I cant even begin to tell you how amazing the reception is. Im one of those people that call a thousand times for appointment reminders! Alicia is awesome.

December 24th, 2013
Not a holistic approach
I was in with my child and felt as if my opinion did not matter. If you are looking for a Doctor who will treat you as a partner in the treatment process, Dr. Suh would not be a good match. He had very strong opinions on causes of stress and emotional/mental problems and discounted anything that didn't fit his view. He asked about family history stating that there was always a genetic connection/cause. I mentioned that my sister had problems with depression during menopause. He laughed saying that it was always PMS, menopause or the weather. Aside from being closed minded, it was actually an inappropriate response to any patient's comment. Who wants a psychiatrist that laughs at a serious comment? My other concern is that fact that after a 45 minute meeting, in which he implied he wanted to start medications slowly, he promptly prescribed two different medication, one of which is not a first-line low dose antidepressant. The other was a mood stabilizer that takes one to two weeks to get into the body's system. It seem overly aggressive, unnecessary and potentially unsafe to prescribe two medications at the same time when one might do as well and the patient is not in crisis. Again, he doesn't seem open to a dialog on treatment or a holistic approach to dealing with emotional/mental issues.

November 27th, 2013
Excellent provider
I am grateful to be a patient of Dr. Suh. Over the four or so years, he has artfully created the perfect balance (of medications for) my illness. Dr. Suh takes the time to know and understand who I am; difficulties and joys I live. Moreover, unlike the handful of professionals I've seen in the past, Dr. Suh empowers me as a partner in deciding what's right for me.

July 6th, 2013
My stability was severely compromised
I really like Dr Suh as a person, but I would not recommend him, because of the situation I went through this year: I always made it to my appointments and worked with Dr. Suh to find the right medications. I made lifestyle changes (quit drinking/smoking, started exercising more, changed diet..etc) and reached an excellent point of stability. It was only when I was bedridden and couldn't walk because of my autoimmune condition that I began canceling and rescheduling my appointments (much to his frustration). After I made the decision to cut out a few of the meds I didn't need to take (like adderall and lunesta, because they weren't good for my autoimmune condition), he sent me a letter saying he couldn't see me anymore with the reason being that I had too many missed appointments. I immediately scheduled an appointment to see him the day I received the letter. I reminded him of my autoimmune condition and how I couldn't walk for 6 months which made it hard for me to come in/find a ride/move. I asked if rescheduling appointments counted as cancellations and he said yes. I explained that I would make it to my appointments now that I'm able to walk and physically feeling well. I didn't understand the letter because I had made it to 2 appointments already in 2013 and it was April, but he promised me that he would continue seeing me and said, "Well, you are on medicare, no one else will take you probably, so I'll continue seeing you." So here is the hard part of the story. I had a huge life change which triggered a panic attack, and since it had been a few years since my last one, I had no anti-anxiety pills. I called him and he told me to go to the ER and "if they don't admit you, I need you to come in as soon as you can so we can get your medication sorted." So I went to the ER. I had calmed down considerably by the time I got there, so it was sort of a waste of everyone's time, but the social worker had to call Dr. Suh to get his opinion moving forward after they examined me. When the social worker came into my room at the ER she said, "I called Dr. Suh and he said that he couldn't make a recommendation on what to do next since you've missed several appointments and have been noncompliant." I just looked shocked at her and asked her what she meant and she said, "well he told me he sent you a termination letter and you never responded and were noncompliant and typically when a patient misses several appointments in a row the doctor can't continue seeing you." I don't know how I remained calm given my situation, but I asked for a list of recommended psychiatrists in the area and said, "I didn't know this, he told me this morning over the phone to come in today to get my meds sorted." I guess I'm still confused as to what happened, but the bottom line is that now I have 8 days left on my Lamictal and when I called Alicia to ask if I could have another month's refill while I look for a psychiatrist she seemed short with me, but left a message for Dr suh (who never responded). I called the community psychiatric clinic and several psychiatrists, but it is true what Dr. Suh says, many psychiatrists do not take medicare. The problem is that withdrawals of Lamictal are very dangerous for my physical and mental health (seizures, suicidal ideation..etc). I am just grateful that I come from a supportive family that is well off. I am grateful I have a therapist who advocates for me, because otherwise I would be screwed. :-\ The fact that he dropped me after 9 years without an explanation or plan for my stability is appalling. Please, do NOT trust him. I know I'm bipolar and he is a doctor, so it might be hard to trust me, but patient to patient, be careful. If you decide to see him, he might drop you/leave you stranded with no plan for stability. I would only recommend seeing him if you have a supportive family and therapist who will help you come up with a quick plan in the case that he gets upset and drops you. At least have a backup plan, because if you become unstable because he is unwilling to fill your meds, you might have an even harder time figuring out what to do/functioning. It is a potentially life threatening situation for most people with mental illnesses to be in, so please be careful. I know I'm stable and a very strong person, but some people are just beginning their journey towards stability.

September 29th, 2012
Great and Proficient
Dr.Suh is very knowlegeable and easy to talk to. Good bedside manners. Good and fast assessment in understanding his patients. Deligently finds the best treatment for his clients.I would highly recommend Dr. Sang Suh

July 2nd, 2012
Dr Suh was recommended by another neuro- psycologist to help adjust medications for depression and anxiety. On 1st visit I was quickly prescribed the anti-psychotic medication Abilify. After 2 weeks, returned for follow up during which I told him I did not feel any better on the Abilify. To that he abruptly replied that was over medicated and needed to stop taking everything for a month and then come back to see him. (I was only taking Cymbalta and Librium for my depression and anxiety before he added the Abilify.) I left his exam room but turned around about 10 steps down the hall and went back to his office to clarify exactly what I was to stop taking because I'm also on blood pressure medication. He was practicing his golf putt. That's the last appointment I ever had with him.

November 8th, 2011
Dr Suh is a very good Doc

October 21st, 2009
intake patient, acting on another Doc's recommendation
I found the front desk staff to be incredibly inflexible and more interested in prrotecting thier position than helping. I beleive this is probably (as nearly always) a reflection of the "top" of the organzation -- reflectoing on my choice to select a different doctor. Sorry, but this is just the truth.