BACK HERNIATION show details BACK HERNIATION
by TIM BRADLY on Jul 1st, 2015

WORST EXPERENCE OF MY LIFE , I HAVE BEEN TO MANY DOC. THIS GUY IS THE WORST. HE DOES NOT CARE HOW YOU FEEL AND WILL MAKE YOU WORSE HE IS IN IT FOR YOUR MONEY NOTHING ELSE. NOT REAL SURE HOW HE GETS HIS AWARDS PLOBABLY MAKES THEM AT HOME.

by Lora Schmidt, DuQuoin, IL on Apr 2nd, 2015

Dr. Fonn is a good doctor, he has done two of my surgeries and I was pleased with my pain relief and quality of life improvement.

Mar 30th, 2015

After being reprimanded by the Medical Board in the state of Ohio, Mr.Fonn relocated to Missouri where he has since been sued several times for malpractice.

Dec 16th, 2014

Stay away from this QUACK!

former patient show details former patient
by Michelle Lippoldt on Dec 15th, 2014

I was in a 4-wheeler wreck no helmet and shattered my neck. He was great he listened to me follow up care was excellent. I sent my mother to him and he has since operated on her and she is feeling better than she has in years her pain medication is now gone. Today I made an appointment for my best friend. He is awesome .

Amazing doctor show details Amazing doctor
by Tammy Barborek on Sep 26th, 2014

Hello all, My name is Tammy Barborek and i have been having back pain for 8 years. I have been to several other doctors who said it wasn't that bad yet . And told me to take Tylenol, Tylenol back and body, pain rubs , pain patches and numerious other medications that did not work. My left leg was giving out on me . My left side is damaged as to having a ( TIA) mini stroke. I was taking up to 20 Tylenol a day . After Dr. Fonn ordered an MRI and Cat scan he went over everything w/ my husband and myself . He showed me where the damage was and told us what could be done to repaire the damage in my spine . He started w/ physical therapy and a clam shell brace w/ pain meds so I could continue to work for a while then he took me off work as to the damage of my spine . Then started trigger point injections .I could barely walk and after nothing else worked and beleive me he tried everything before even suggesting surgery . After speaking w/ the doctor me and my husband decided L4 L5 spinal fusion w/ bone graft . I stayed the night in the surgical center and everyone was so helpfull the nurses were so attentive . A special thanks to Lisa, Ashley, Michelle, Donna And Amber. They are just so amazing . Dr.Fonn was a miracle for me. I am doing better and w/ exercise and the right pain meds which he does not give out just to anybody who ask. He keeps a sharp eye on every ones meds . I have heard other patients say how happy they were just to get in to see him. He realy needs to be a twin to help everybody. His waiting room and surgical center is always full and busy. This Dr. Has been just amazing he has given me hope when there was none . And I will continue to see Dr. Fonn as long as needed . If you are hurting he will listen to you ,realy listen not just blow you off . He is a caring , sympethitic , and understands when you are in so much pain you can't put one foot in front of the other. I have been blessed to have this Dr. Help me , there will never be enough words to thank him he is truly god sent . We thank you from the bottom of our hearts . Brian and Tammy Barborek

Best Doctor Ever show details Best Doctor Ever
Feb 6th, 2014

This man is such an amazing doctor. His heart and love for helping people can't be put into words. He is so good at what he does that his practice is always full! He almost needs to clone himself to accommodate the amount of people that he wants to help! He is by far, the best doctor ever.

GREAT DOCTOR! show details GREAT DOCTOR!
by doris f irving on Jan 2nd, 2014

DOCTOR FONN IS GOOD VERY GOOD AT WHAT HE DO I WAS VERY AFRAID AT FRIST BECAUSE ALL THE THING I HAD BEEN THROUDH DEALING WITH CANCER. BUT AFTER SITTIN DOWN TALKIN TO DOCTOR FONN IN HE TOLD WHAT HE WAS GOING TO DO IT MADE ME FEEL A LOT BETTER. THANK YOU FOR DOING MY BACK! DOTOR FONN. DORIS F IRVING

New Doctor show details New Doctor
Dec 26th, 2013

There is a new physician who works at the surgery center. His name is Dr. Klein. He is much more willing to answer your question than Dr Fonn. If you ask a question to Dr. Fonn, he acts as if he has no time to talk with you. Dr. Klein is very caring.

Dec 5th, 2013

Patients wait for hours in his clinic! Beware if you cross paths with Dr. Fonn's office manager Elizabeth. Dr. Fonn has a very nice new surgery center and some of his staff are nice and treated me well.

Anger Problem show details Anger Problem
Nov 24th, 2013

if you say something he does not like he can get very upset. he has a short fuse. he is scary when he gets upset. his assistant in the clinic stacy is very abrupt

Money hungry show details Money hungry
Nov 17th, 2013

Fonn is more interested in making money than helping people.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Dr. Fonn is the man! show details Dr. Fonn is the man!
by Tami on Aug 7th, 2013

Before going to Dr Fonn I had been going to pain clinics, I have received every type of injection they can give you over the past 11 years. I have had trigger points, steroid epiderol, radio frequency known as RF. Facets which only masked the pain for a couple of months. Have seen several surgeons but no one wanted to help me because my spine and disk are deterating. I was to the point that I fell down all the time because my legs would give out on me, I couldn't work, couldn't drive, and my husband had to do or help me do almost everything, I Went to Dr Fonn in Feb. 2013 and by March he had me in surgery. He did a lumbar fusion and rebuilt a disk now I'm not totally pain free but I am walking without falling and I start fiscal therapy next week to build up my strength I will keep you posted on my recovery. Thank you Dr. Fonn you have been and still are very good to me.

Surgery Happy show details Surgery Happy
Aug 29th, 2012

Dr. Fonn didn't even spend 5 minutes with me and told me I would be paralyzed if I didn't have surgery on my lower back. I went to see someone else and they said that I don't need surgery.

Mark as Helpful  | 13 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Jun 14th, 2012

I've been seeing Dr. Fonn for about a year. My wife and I were very impressed with him from my first appointment. He took the time to get to know me and explained my problems so that my wife and I both understood what had happened and what was happening. I have been very happy with him and the care for my wellbeing he has exhibited.

Dr. Fonn is the Best! show details Dr. Fonn is the Best!
Jan 23rd, 2012

Dr.Fonn follows through thouroghly on his testing and diognoisis. He works with you on all aspects of your injury and what needs to be accomplished to resolve your injury. From xrays , Mri's steroid injections to mylegram, the resolve was surgery but once the surgery had been completed, he continues to work towards a complete recovery. Kudos to Dr. Fonn and his staff for listening to the patient and helping get them back on the road to recovery and back into the world of LIFE! Thank-you again!

Ms. Irene Priddy show details Ms. Irene Priddy
Jan 20th, 2012

Dr. Fonn is very professional and knowledgeable. He makes sure he gives you all the facts and that you understand them. Most of all he has a quality a lot of Dr.s' have forgotten about..you are a PERSON and not just a CASE!!! He is very caring. I recommend him highly!

william harty show details william harty
by william harty on Nov 26th, 2009