A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Sanjay Mehta:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Sanjay Mehta is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Sanjay Mehta, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Heart Transplantation
- Infectious Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Mehta graduated from Pennsylvania State University, Hershey.
Dr. Mehta has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Lehigh Valley Hospital
- Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Mehta accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 11 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 1 plan
- Capital Blue Cross - 6 plans
- Unicare - 5 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 5 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Sanjay M. Mehta practice?
Dr. Sanjay Mehta practices Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, Surgery, and Adult Medicine near Allentown, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Bethlehem, PA.
See Allentown Cardiothoracic Surgeons, Allentown Surgeons, and Allentown Family Physicians.