Dr. Sanjeev Kothare MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

June 26th, 2016
Dr. Kothare is brilliant, caring, curious, and attentive
As the parent of a child with a complicated medication condition that persisted for seven years undiagnosed by many other supposedly good doctors, I am as humbled as a person can possibly be to have had the good fortune to find Dr. Kothare. He has taken actions that are keeping my child alive and VASTLY improving his quality of life. He spent a great deal of time asking the right questions at our first appointment (to those who said he was late for their appointment: perhaps he was diagnosing a different patient's complex medical situation. I would take that over a neurotically punctual doctor without a clue any time. In fact, I have had to leave several of those rote, process-driven doctors to keep my child alive.). After our first appointment, he sent my child to multiple other specialists, did extensive testing to rule out possible causes of his symptoms, and most importantly, Dr. Kothare makes himself available by phone on an as-needed basis to not just me, but also to the multiple other physicians who have been involved in my child's care. He doesn't make us come in for appointments needlessly when the information can be shared by phone. He saw in total what other doctors hadn't seen, because they wanted to address particular little pieces of his symptoms, but they never addressed the posssibility that as a whole, they told an important story. Dr. Kothare put it all together for us. The diagnosis is scary, but we know what we're dealing with now, and it all finally makes sense. He is making sure we stay on top of treatments, is expediting things for us whenever possible, and is essentially my son's lifeline. in addition, his team is responsive and helpful. They get messages to Dr. Kothare promptly, and he calls me back promptly every single time I truly need his help. It actually makes me cry to think about what we would do without Dr. Kothare. I work in health care, and he is one in a million ... truly a gift from God.

September 28th, 2015
This doctor is very irresponsible. When my daughter has emergency situations and we need to ask his suggestions about increasing medicine, he never returns our phone calls. He did return once, 8 hours after we called him. He is always late for his appointments.

June 17th, 2015
Amazing doctor!
I have been taking my daughter to see Dr. Kothare for over a year now, and am very grateful to him. My daughter is super complex, but he looks at her as a whole person, and thinks of many possible causes of her problems and comes up with a logical treatment plan every time. He has been available when I needed him. His expertise in sleep medicine in children with neurologic problems was why we saw him initiallyinitially, but he has been approaching my daughter' s difficult to control seizures very well. Highly recommended!

April 1st, 2015
Stay away
poor bed side manners, impatient, and very rude, not recommended

July 25th, 2012
Dr. Kothare involve my 16 year old daughter in conversations about her epilepsy. He changes his mind every time we visit and he kicked her out of her own appointment once. At 16 she should be allowed to listen to what is happening. Every time we go he changes her medecin or dosages and last time he questioned if she really had epilepsy. Dr. Kothare is very unhelpful.