Dr. Santha Kamineni MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6
  • 13 reviews

March 22nd, 2016
Stupid idiots
It's funny how the patients that comment here are probably the one who are drug addicts and won't be honest with themselves or plain crazy great doctor not one complaint from me! Trust her with my life!

November 3rd, 2015
DO NOT GO TO THIS DR
I came to Dr Kamenini at 34 weeks pregnant because my Dr didn't deliver at LIJ, which was the hospital I wanted to deliver. I was put down for coming to her so late & was being treated VERY rudely! She sent me for 6 different blood work tests separately as inconvenient as it was getting around at 8 months pregnant. Then she told me she's sorry to tell me I was positive for HEP B because she couldn't read my previous Dr's lab results, so I was sent for THAT blood test, which for those 3 days I'm thinking I had HEP B, which ULTIMATELY came up NEGATIVE! THEN at 41 wks I went to the hospital when I thought my water broke (false alarm) & she kept me there to be induced. I was induced for over 2 days, couldn't eat or drink to ULTIMATELY on the 3rd day I was 9 1/2 cm dilated, she decided to do a c-section! THEN the 3rd day of recovery in the hospital, she came to my room with a social worker & told me ALCOHOL came up POSITIVE in my test she gave me a week before!! I DON'T DRINK ALCOHOL!!! ACS was called & I'm dealing with child protective services now!!! Before I was given the test in her office, I was told to wipe with an soap towelette wipe before urinating into the cup! They deny there is alcohol on the wipe. I am BEYOND DISSATISFIED with her practice! All new patients BEWARE!!

October 18th, 2015
STAY AWAY!!!!
This review is definitely long overdue. I saw Dr Kamineni a few months ago. She was so rude. As it was my first time, I was clearly nervous about any procedure that would need to be done & she made me feel the most uncomfortable I have ever felt while at a doctors office. Though her staff and friendly she is NOT. I thought I should give it a try seeing the reviews from zocdoc but in reality I should have seen those on vitals. Though I did appreciate the breast exam she did on me, that was about all I did. Her office is dark, and does not look clean. She wasn't gentle with the procedures and when she told me I needed to take birth control she brought up "you can get your leg amputated" .. I know it's her obligation as a doctor to let you know about any side effects but the way she said it was so uncalled for. Quick summary: avoid her at all costs, rude, unwelcoming office, and just AWFUL!

September 22nd, 2015
Doctor has very limited working knowledge and no bedside manners. Does not brief patients on pregnancy

May 24th, 2015
Pregnant women stay away
Terrible doctor. Stay away if you're pregnant. She uses scare tactics like "your baby could die" to get you to do certain blood tests if you are reluctant. Absolutely not the words any mother to be wants to hear. She actually thinks I will listen to her and complete her blood tests by her saying those words. I switched doctors right away. She makes nasty comments just like other reviewers said. I told her I'm a lawyer, not working now b/c of my pregnancy, she made a stupid remark "I guess you still call yourself a lawyer if you're not working." She shouldn't call herself a doctor if she doesn't carry herself like one. So unprofessional, she doesn't know she's facing a malpractice lawsuit. Don't get fooled b/c she's Indian, she's not peaceful like most Indians. She should be ashamed b/c karma is going get back at her. Respect yourself and stay away. No bedside manners or manners in general whatsoever.

March 27th, 2013
The worst doctor EVER!
It has taken me a while to write this review, and it is definitely over due. She is probably the worst doctor I have ever been to in my life. Please stay away from her! She is rude, doesn't know what she is doing, and left me bleeding on the examination table after a procedure. She expected me to just calm down and act like nothing is happening, she basically butchered me - all without anesthesia. She is so mean, heartless, and cold - STAY AWAY!

May 1st, 2012
Not that gr8
Very poor service and diagnosis. No bed side manner at all. She tells to go and search the internet for everything. Why do I need a doctor ? I lost the baby at a very later time due to her carelessness.Please think twice.

March 15th, 2012
Rude , does not care about her patients, Will never go back

February 21st, 2012
I transfered to Dr.Kamineni's private office after having met her in an ob clinic 7 years ago. She has always been very polite, professional and honest with me. She has delivered 2 of my children & I have not one complaint. Her staff are extremely polite and always accomodate me when necessary. I was so pleased with her professionalism that I recommended her to my sister who is now a patient as well. The only con in my opinion is that she shares her office with her husband who is a vascular surgeon but that has never interfered with my visits. She is a pleasure and I will remain a patient of hers.

February 7th, 2011
Not My Baby Dr!
I have nothing bad to say about the staff, they are nice and amazingly very well mannered. The DR. Left me wanting more. Not a single visit at the hospital while I was having contractions... She kept insisting my due date was one that clearly was different when the sonograms were done. When asked all she would say is that the baby was too early, however clearly the sonogram stated I was full term an she even noted it in my chart. I'm extremely dissappointed and wouldn't recommend her as an obstetrician!

February 15th, 2010
best doctor
She is very good and answered all my questions with patience. She is gentle and caring.

October 25th, 2009
I do not recommend this Doctor
She is very rude with patientsShe is very rough during examinationOffice is not clean at allShe told me to google my diagnosis when I ask her questions about my conditionShe does not care about patients health, only about moneyHer professionalism is very low, she makes inapropriate comments to her staff about patients condition