Dr. Santpal Mavi Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Santpal Mavi?

Lung Cancer

Lung Cancer

Have you seen Dr. Santpal Mavi?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

December 18th, 2014

The best doctor around

I visited him for a second opinion. Unlike other doctors, he came right to the point and gave me the true and correct assessment of my case. He did not use flowery language or gave me false hopes. He discussed various treatment options, there advantages and disadvantages, and allowed me to make an informed choice. Unlike OSU, Cleveland and Mayo, where I had been, the doctors had a tendency of making my illness look as if it was nothing. They were very positive that within a few days I will be fine, but it never happened. However, on the first day, Dr. Mavi informed me that my treatment would be tricky and my chances of recovery were slim. I was not very happy with his blunt assessment, but after three months I realized that what he had informed me was accurate. I immediately changed my doctor and ever since have been with him. My condition has improved and I feel much better in his hands. His practice is not to generate money, but to provide the correct assessment and do the needful. He will never order a test just to bill you or your insurance. Every test he orders, he discusses the need for it and subsequently takes time to inform the patient about the results. If you walk into his office, don't expect him to give you hopes when there are none. I loved the way he handles families and talk to them. Very sincere person and highly knowledgeable.

November 27th, 2013

Dr. Mavi - an asthmatic factory doctor

I don't think this doctor should ever see another patient, his communication skills are the worst that I have ever experienced. His follow through is atrocious. I plan on firing him today and not following up with Holzer as a result of his pulmonary unspecialty. I am horrified at what has happened with his diagnosis and his follow up summary. He is as disconnected as they come. Stay away - if you have some lung disorder start with OSU or go to Mayo or Cleveland to start off with he can't even validate a blood test without having to send you there anyway. His staff is someone lacking as well they don't listen to requests to follow up with correct phone numbers etc. He talks way to fast, has way too thick of an accent and he needs to stick to some type of medicine where he doesn't consult with patients. He is also charging way too much to put everyone in the same box! I wouldn't have given no stars if that was possible!!!!

September 24th, 2011

Dr. Mavi wants to keep a patient on oxygen and doesn't try to diagnose what the problem really is. I will never go back to him!

November 6th, 2010

Dr. Mavi was extremely condescending to me and doesn't seem to be versed on more recent literature/treatments.

January 7th, 2016