Dr. Sara Bernstein MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 29th, 2015
Excellent Physician and Wonderful Person
I highly recommend Dr. Bernstein. She is an extremely knowledgeable and capable OB/GYN. I have been under her care for over 5 years and trust her implicitly in providing quality care for me. She is a great listener and I have the utmost confidence in her. Her staff is very professional and calls to her office are always returned within a reasonable time. Thanks to Dr. Bernstein and her wonderful staff!

April 23rd, 2015
Acts like she cares...but doesn't
Was a patient for over a year. Waited 45 minutes in waiting room, another 40 in a room, no apologies and Dr. And staff acted as if they couldn't be bothered. I went to a different OB/GYN, and the experience was much better.

January 29th, 2015
Wonderful Doctor

January 16th, 2015
ttthe doctor herself is absolutely AMAZING shs really really seems caring and tries to help and spends a lot of time with you. the staff however is AWEFUL i left 3 messages for a nurse to get my results and no response i actually had testing done and had to contact the hospital myself for the results

August 5th, 2014
Surgery complication
I am looking for a new doctor & after reading the previous review for this doctor, who I had been a patient of, I decided to share my story. I too had surgery, was in severe pain for one year, then found a neurosurgeon at Bethesda Hospital to correct the problem by performing a second surgery. I will always have permanent numbness on one side in the groin area. Although Dr. Bernstein had a second physician assisting (a urologist), it is not clear which one caused the damage to me. The neurosurgeon did lean towards the urologist but we cannot be sure. Since the second surgery I have not returned to either of them. I think Dr. Bernstein can be compassionate and I was hoping my experience was a single, unfortunate event, for myself and for her, but reading about someone else's one year of post-op pain has made me feel very concerned. Also, as stated in other reviews, the office had an inadequate waiting area, very, very long wait time, & less than adequately trained staff.

March 31st, 2014
Dr Bernstein did my surgery 16 months ago since then I have had another surgery to try and fix that surgery I have been I pain for 16 months my leg is still numb I have had shots and therapy still in pain With no end to it in sight I hope nobody will ever exp6 erience the pain that I have endured all these months from what was supposed to be a fairly simple surgery

September 19th, 2013
Shouldn't be ob/gyn
Apparently the plastic surgery/cosmetic part of Dr. Bernsteins office is # 1, woman with a problem or an annual pap test, sit and wait. She should just get rid of that part of her services since no one in that office wants to be bothered with it. Long, long, wait with no explanation or apology. Laser, cosmetic, etc. patients all went first even after they just walked in. Very annoying after I was already sitting in an empty waiting room for over 45 minutes. Staff unfriendly and there was a dog in one of the rooms. ...Won't return....

August 15th, 2013
Dr. Benstein is awesome! She takes her time and cares about her patients. I love going there because I know that I am not going to be treated like a number, but like a real person. It is obvious to me that Dr. Bernstein really cares about her patients.

November 26th, 2012
Dr. Bernstein is very accommodating for working women. She has seen me on short notice and has accommodated my late schedule. She is also very thorough in her exams and in her diagnosis. Dr. Bernstein is easy to talk to as well.

June 11th, 2012
poor office management
Had a 9AM appt, filled out paper work and then left after waiting 45 min without any indication when would be taken to evaluate laser treatment . Was not expecting to meet with Dr. but with technical staff. The only comment from office staff was that would be seen shortly and I waited another 15 minutes before leaving

April 19th, 2012
We love Dr. Bernstein!!!
I have been going to see Dr. Bernstein for almost 10 years now. My 2 sisters go to see her (on my recommendation). And now my daughter is seeing her. We all love her, not just because she is a nice, genuine person, but also because she is a wonderful doctor.As with all great doctors, it can be difficult to get in to see her at times, but it is worth it.My highest recommendations!

April 11th, 2012
Doctor Great...Office Staff AWFUL!
I love Dr. Bernstein, her staff however, is horrible. I called there today wanting to speak with the doctor. I understand she is with patients so I simply asked for the staff to ask her to please call me when she was finished with her patient load for the afternoon. The response I got was rude, with a couldn't be bothered attitude while being told that she doesn't return phone calls, it is against policy. I said to the receptionist, you are telling me that Dr. Bernstein is refusing to return a patients phone call. The response I got was , well you are refusing to tell me why you are calling. That's the thing. I am a patient. I am certainly not calling the doctor to discuss how the Dow Jones did today. I am calling my obgyn to discuss a personal issue I am having and chose not to share that information with a stranger. I don't care if they will eventually see what it is on my chart. I don't have to be the one telling them or having to be in the room with them when they read my chart. In closing, I recommend Dr. Bernstein, however, if she doesn't do something about her staff quickly, her practice will be toast.