Dr. Sara Caceres Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sara Caceres?

May 23rd, 2015

Always get a second opinion!

After a period of approximately 3 months of being sick, I followed up with this doctor after two overnight stays in the Kaiser emergency room for pleurisy, then pneumonia and pericarditis. During this follow up appointment she said that I was never diagnosed with pericarditis. I had to tell her three times before she finally found it in my chart and then she didn't even apologize for basically calling me a liar. She spent very little time examining me, said that I was recovering very well and was ready to send me on my way. I told her that I was very concerned that there was some kind of underlying issue causing me to continue to get sick. I told her that I had also been experiencing terrible joint pain and I asked her what tests she could run to investigate. She was very rude to me, saying that ordering tests "without any reason" was like "chasing rabbits". I was confused as to why she would say that there was no reason to run test, but I pressed and I asked her if she thought it could be rheumatoid arthritis. At this she very abruptly and very roughly grabbed my hand and squeezed my knuckles, then dropped my hand in my lap (I guess that is how she test for RA???). I was so shocked, immediately began to cry. I have never been treated so horribly by a doctor in my life! Once she saw that I was crying, she agreed to run some blood tests, so I said "thank you" and I got up and walked into the lab. After several minutes she came in, handed me my paperwork, and in a monotone voice she said "I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings" then left the room. Very soon after this experience I had chest pains again and had to go back to the emergency room. I actually went to a totally different hospital and I was admitted to the cardiac unit with pericarditis, pneumonia, and two partially collapsed lungs, and I was in the hospital for five days. Recently, after several months of treatment and tests, I have been diagnosed with Lupus and autoimmune liver disease. All of my current doctors were disgusted to hear that Dr. Caseres-Cantu and the Kaiser medical group treated me this way. Save the drama and the feelings, the truth is that I could have died.

September 20th, 2014

Concerned

Was very disappointed and concerned about my visit to this physician. The attitude was very condescending and disinterested. A complaint about poison oak/ivy (to which I am very susceptible) produced information which was very questionable compared with treatment received from other doctors. Her statement that this infection was not transferable to others, was very surprising. The physical examination was very cursory, the shortest ever experienced with but - at the most- two seconds to listen to lungs. Undoubtedly, I will not be visiting this doctor again.

August 17th, 2017