Dr. Sara Ramirez MD Patient Reviews

February 4th, 2015
Beware of this doctor

February 4th, 2015
Beware of this doctor
BEWARE: C-section happy doctor. Will push you to do unnecessary interventions to speed up labor and end up in cesarean so that she doesn't have to spend time with you in the labor room. I am traumatized and very let down my my experience. The C-section was extremely painful and made me feel absolutely miserable for a month. Years later the scar still uncomfortable and itchy and hard to cover with a bathing suit. Was very difficult to take care of my son due to pain and feeling awful. Now that I am pregnant again I learn that I am at increase chance of a repeat c-section because of my prior one...higher chance of uterine rupture, etc which they never warned me about. It unethical what these doctors do to convenience themselves. They need to find another profession if they don't want to do what their job calls for....and that's letting women's bodies do what they are supposed to do naturally. Do yourself a favor and find a doctor who had very low cesarean rates and is totally for vaginal births. Your body and your baby will be so much happier.

May 8th, 2013
I do not recommend her
I found her to be cold and insensitive. She doesn't appear to write notes in the file. At appointments she asked me what we've done previously. When you're called in from the waiting room, you are weighed and your blood pressure is taken. You are then asked to wait, standing in the hall, until a room is ready for you. The office staff is unhelpful as well.

April 5th, 2013
The service is absolutely horrible an inhumane. My mother was seeing this Doctor and when her assistant called to give the results was extremely rude an offensive. Please do your homework before you go see this doctor there are plenty of doctors more qualified and with better trained and professional staff.

January 17th, 2013
Wonderful physician
Dr. Ramirez is a wonderful physician that I have gone to for over 10 years! She delivered my son, and was extremely skilled with his delivery when his umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck multiple times. She's caring and attentive and takes the time to answer all of my questions. Without question, she's my favorite physician! I will say that my experience has been that any obgyn office can have wait times exceeding your patience, but in this case it's due to patient care. It's best to schedule appointments first thing in the morning or first patient after lunch if you'd like to avoid waiting to be seen. Would you prefer to be kept waiting at the office or in the delivery room? My family is complete, but I try to keep this in mind.

August 17th, 2012
I absolutely love Dr Ramirez. She is very sweet and I lovethat she will drop everything to deliver a patient's baby. However, her staff seems to be completely unaware as to how to schedule appointments. Three separate occasions there were at least 5-10 different people scheduled for the same appointment time as myself. Today I waited for an hour and a half. Forty minutes in the waiting room and approximately thirty in the exam room only to find out she left for a delivery. I know that deliveries are her priority, which is why I admire her so much but not a single member of her staff came to check on me whileI was in the exam room. The only thing they had to say was "Sorry, its Friday", AFTER i had been waiting for 30 mins in the exam room. I would recommend Dr Ramirez but only if you have at least 2 hours of spare time to wait to see her.

December 15th, 2010
Incompetency thru and thru.....
When a patient is dehydrated has low heart rate and extremely low blood pressure, oh and lymph nodes swollen then go ahead and send them down to get blood work so they can go into a seizure. This was completely negligent and incompetent on her part. She should have seen that and advised the patient to wait for better stats. Instead this caused the patient to have a grandma seizure (no history). ER outcome was dehydration with combination of low blood pressure - hmmm one would think the doctor should have seen that prior to sending the patient for the blood work.Im not impressed one bit oh and lets discuss what the patient problem is and the response is simply to put the patient on a pill shes been on and still has problems, appears to treat the symptom and not the cause. A year ago I heard the same thing and it hasnt worked then what makes the doctor think that its going to work now and why do you think I was there to hear a repeat of information a year old and information and treatment that isnt working? Then she put a very young lady on medication that the side effects are horrible and may cause permanent damage without having any tests to substantiate the drug. I will never go back to this group because this is the second doctor there that is incompetent and even my general doctor said this was incompetent behavior on the doctors part. Take warning!

November 3rd, 2009
to a great and very proffesional physician
i was nervous to look for an obgyn doctor and i didnt know if i would ever would find the one for me. but when i walked in to visit with Dr. Ramirez i felt very comfterable and she answered all my questions. she was very straight foward and had all of my questions answered. i really will continue my care with her. i highly reccomend her to others.