Dr. Sara Wheeler Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Sara Wheeler?

Good doctor, bad bedside Manner

Posted on September 6th, 2013

Dr Wheeler is an excellent knowledgeable doctor who safely delivered my baby. Her bedside manner leaves something to be desired. During my pre-natal visits she told me I was gaining way too much weight, and when I tried to show her a food journal/exercise log to see how I could take her input to heart and make any necessary changes, she had no interest in really helping me, saying only that at the end of it all, it was a bigger baby I would have to push out and how terrible that would be. My baby was stuck face-up during delivery and after four hours of pushing commented "we have to get the baby out before there isn't a baby to get out." They used a suction to turn him, and her skill in this was excellent, but leading up to the use of it she was taking time to show me the device rather than really explain to me why she needed to do it positives/negatives to doing so, etc. In the end, I'm nothing but grateful to her for my happy, healthy child and if you can overlook her sometimes abrasive commentary she is a ultimately a good doctor.

Posted on April 18th, 2013

Dr. Wheeler's bedside manner is poor. I had several unusual symptoms I wanted to discuss with her during my annual exam but as I attempted to work through them with her she condescendingly laughed at me and my questions to obtain clarification on treatments she was proposing. Will look for a new obgyn. Very calous, clinical, "you are just a number" approach.

Posted on July 13th, 2011

Dr. Wheeler was supposed to deliver my grandchild - the nurse, Donna did all the work - Dr. Wheeler breezed in and out once and then came in at the very end and was talking on the phone just before the delivery. Very poor bedside manner. Donna had to turn the baby or we would have been looking at a c-section. We will be finding new doc. for next baby.

Posted on June 13th, 2011

Dr. Wheeler is exceptional in her detailed answers to any question as well as her ability to set you at ease when you are worried. I am petrified of labor and she made me feel so at ease that I am coasting through my pregnancy with out worrying about the big day at all!

Posted on March 23rd, 2017