Psychiatrists

703 E Maple Ave
Newark, NY 14513
315-331-1700
Locations and availability (1)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
by Luke on Oct 20th, 2013

Too much on her plate, misdiagnosis, arrogant, not a professional professional, damaging, negligent. She would benefit from seeing a psychiatrist.

|  DO NOT SEE HER!  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2012

She does not care for patients at all; patients are just a list of problems. She broke confidentiality and HIPPA when she had an appointment with my mother. She also kicked me out of a session 5 minutes into it because I told her I had PTSD (I was previously diagnosed) before she got to that part of her symptom check list.

|  Does Not Care About Her Patients.  |  show details
May 13th, 2012

Dr. Atkinson gets A LOT of money for drug companies to push certain products and conduct "research". She basically is a legalized drug dealer. She is aloof and very full of herself and talks down to you like you were a dog. Recently she discontinued prescribing a medication for me that will cause me some very serious withdrawl symptoms. Your appt is always 30 minutes late and you'll be lucky is she spends 5 minutes talking to you. I had no choice but to she her because I had no insurance. By far the worst doctor I've ever seen. I've gotten nothing but scalding remarks about how I am not dealing well enough with things and that I need counseling. Yeah I'd love counseling if I had the money, insurance, and resources for it. Psychiatrity is barely a medical science in my opinion. The doctor's can't tell you why things work or don't work or what causes them. They ask you what medication you think might help you. Isn't that your job? Isn't that why you make $200 an hour, to tell me what I will need to help me? And her diagnosis for me is hilarious. I pity the people who have to stoop to this kind of healthcare. When you have no other resources you get "care" like this.

|  show details
Feb 21st, 2011

The WORST doctor, possibly one of the worst human beings, I have ever encountered in my life. This woman is a 'quack' in every sense of the word, and is as sick, if not sicker, than any of the patients that walk through her door. Caters to well-educated individuals of a certain socio-economic status/income level, and will obstinately turn a blind eye to any behavior, no matter how bad, based on those qualifications. DO NOT recommend; go elsewhere and spend your money on someone who is semi-competent. This doctor NEEDS HELP.

|  a drug company lackey  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2010

more interested in being paid by pharmaceutical companies to push medicines on chilrdren

|  Patient  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2009

Dr. Atkinson and her staff are punctual and professional.

|  mother  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2009

Dr Atkinson saw my son very quickly. She was kind and caring, she was direct and to the point, but also gentle with my sick child.

|  Will not return  |  show details
by an 18 yr old on Feb 13th, 2009

This dr has no bedside manner. She is rude and has a difficult time saying anything in a nice way. She is "odd".