Dr. Sarah Atkinson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

September 9th, 2016
Harmful
Violated my privacy with a loved one to create a situation where I would need to keep seeing her for treatment. Did not listen to my concerns about my own mental health, instead fished for the answers she wanted and only took into consideration what my loved one needed to not have to deal with or see my problems.

December 23rd, 2015
Horrible
Very rude, doesn't listen, doesn't explain diagnoses or any other related questions. creepy staff.

October 20th, 2013
Too much on her plate, misdiagnosis, arrogant, not a professional professional, damaging, negligent. She would benefit from seeing a psychiatrist.

June 23rd, 2012
DO NOT SEE HER!
She does not care for patients at all; patients are just a list of problems. She broke confidentiality and HIPPA when she had an appointment with my mother. She also kicked me out of a session 5 minutes into it because I told her I had PTSD (I was previously diagnosed) before she got to that part of her symptom check list.

May 13th, 2012
Does Not Care About Her Patients.
Dr. Atkinson gets A LOT of money for drug companies to push certain products and conduct "research". She basically is a legalized drug dealer. She is aloof and very full of herself and talks down to you like you were a dog. Recently she discontinued prescribing a medication for me that will cause me some very serious withdrawl symptoms. Your appt is always 30 minutes late and you'll be lucky is she spends 5 minutes talking to you. I had no choice but to she her because I had no insurance. By far the worst doctor I've ever seen. I've gotten nothing but scalding remarks about how I am not dealing well enough with things and that I need counseling. Yeah I'd love counseling if I had the money, insurance, and resources for it. Psychiatrity is barely a medical science in my opinion. The doctor's can't tell you why things work or don't work or what causes them. They ask you what medication you think might help you. Isn't that your job? Isn't that why you make $200 an hour, to tell me what I will need to help me? And her diagnosis for me is hilarious. I pity the people who have to stoop to this kind of healthcare. When you have no other resources you get "care" like this.

February 21st, 2011
The WORST doctor, possibly one of the worst human beings, I have ever encountered in my life. This woman is a 'quack' in every sense of the word, and is as sick, if not sicker, than any of the patients that walk through her door. Caters to well-educated individuals of a certain socio-economic status/income level, and will obstinately turn a blind eye to any behavior, no matter how bad, based on those qualifications. DO NOT recommend; go elsewhere and spend your money on someone who is semi-competent. This doctor NEEDS HELP.

October 4th, 2010
a drug company lackey
more interested in being paid by pharmaceutical companies to push medicines on chilrdren

June 26th, 2009
Patient
Dr. Atkinson and her staff are punctual and professional.

June 21st, 2009
mother
Dr Atkinson saw my son very quickly. She was kind and caring, she was direct and to the point, but also gentle with my sick child.

February 13th, 2009
Will not return
This dr has no bedside manner. She is rude and has a difficult time saying anything in a nice way. She is "odd".