Dr. Sarah Bryce Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sarah Bryce?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 17th, 2012

First-Rate Therapist

I've used Sarah Bryce for individual and marital therapy. She's incredibly smart and insightful. First-rate.

February 27th, 2012

She's Easy to Underestimate

I was initially surprised and a little uncertain about Dr. Bryce; she's extraordinarily straight-forward and unaffected-- not a "Southern lady," for sure. My son has Asperger's Syndrome, and she is an unflappable hit with him! She's delightfully free of the very sort of social nuance that puzzles and frustrates him. I saw a different side of her when she met with my daughter, who has an anxiety disorder. Dr. Bryce was still straightforward, and blunt, but also warm and reassuring. I like her more at every session--what you see is what you get. That's just fine with me.

February 7th, 2012

Rating needs to be fair.

Dr Bryce is a very good Psychiatrist. Psychiatry is difficult. It is one of the most thankless branches of medicine. Don't expect miracles from this field.Having said that, I take a very strong objection to the review above that calls her names (smarmy? really?) and insinuates that she makes 60,000 per month.In this country, medicine is a business just like any other. your independent practioners are small business people. They have bills to pay and living to earn and student loans to take care of.Having said that, I would doubt that a physician like Dr. Bryce would crib about insurance to her patient unless there was a specific reason to talk about it. Perhaps she does not accept Duke select? If she does not, thats her right!Perhaps she was asked why she does not accept Duke select and she gave an honest answer? If you look at physicians salaries, Psychiatry is one of the lowestThe average reported for a general psychiatrist is around $170,000 per annum. So unless a psychiatrist is serving some rich stars, they will make nowhere near what the reviewer claims.Writing reviews to tarnish someone's reputations by insinuations is not nice!

February 15th, 2011

My 21 year old son has been going to see Dr. Bryce for approximately five years. He respects her and thinks that she is great. Even as a 16 year old, he was very responsive to her. She is very caring and very honest. He likes her honest no-nonsense approach.

February 14th, 2011

Concentrates on the dollar sign, and little else

Absolutely useless. Smug, smarmy, and self-absorbed, Sarah Bryce is the last person you'd want to let deal with your issues.In our first conversation about making an appointment, Dr. Bryce called me back and asked what I needed help with. Like, hello? This is not something I really want to be discussing during business hours with my colleagues around me.Dr. Bryce then launched into a tirade about how my (and indeed all other) insurance plans didn't pay her enough, which is $320 per hour at her ratecard. Instead of asking me about why I wanted to see her, she was more concerned with how she was going to get paid. Out of interest, I have Duke Select insurance, but this is not good enough for Dr. Bryce.Poor Dr. Bryce. I'm sure we all feel very sorry for someone who makes nearly $3000 per day, and we can all put our own issues in perspective when we consider how utterly awful it must be to take in more than $60,000 a month. I'm not sure how she copes, really: perhaps we should band together to help her out by becoming even more crazy.I would recommend that anyone with any real underlying issues avoids Dr. Bryce. In fact, you'd have to be pretty screwed up in the first place to believe that Dr. Bryce has any intention of doing anything which remotely appears to be 'psychiatric help'.

January 14th, 2011

It just doesn't get better than Dr. Bryce, trust me!

December 14th, 2016