A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Sarah Canavan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Sarah Canavan, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- She has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Peptic Ulcer
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Canavan graduated from Cornell University, New York.
Dr. Canavan has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital Of St Raphael
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Canavan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Anthem - 16 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
- Americhoice - 3 plans
- Community Health Network of Connecticut - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans