Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

140 Haverhill St
Andover, MA 01810
978-475-2731
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

|  Mishandled Miscarraige  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2014

I had a very early miscarriage a few months ago and the staff and doctors at Andover OBGYN managed to make a terrible experience much, much worse than it had to be. The staff at Andover OBGYN in Haverhill informed me of the miscarriage and sent me to get blood work done and to get a shot since I have ONEG blood. They did not know/tell me that I would have to be escorted to the Maternity Ward at Lawrence General Hospital to get this shot. It was the first time I'd ever been pregnant and the first time I went to the maternity ward. I called later and they had no idea that I would be asked to go anywhere but the lab at Lawrence General. When I had a follow up appointment, Dr Finch took no responsibility whatsoever for them not informing me of the details, she never told me what to expect in follow up appointments and seemed genuinely annoyed that I was at all upset. "This happens here everyday"" How would we know what you would have to go to the maternity ward" "Why should we know that" were all things she said to me in the coldest imaginable way. She seemed so annoyed she was actually encouraging me to google my questions. I was a week out from a miscarriage. She also kept asking me over the next few weeks repeatedly-more than twice- if she could write me an RX for birth control. If Andover OBGYN Haverhill is so grossly unprepared for a simple, early miscarriage, it scares me to think how they ever handle a pregnancy that goes to term. Please note that the Salem Andover OBGYN Office does not have any of these issues and was nothing but supportive, kind, helpful and knowledgeable about the hospitals with which they are affiliated. Dr. Finch's bedside manner is despicable-I catch myself thinking about it often. The worst part is that the way she and Haverhill Andover OBGYN handled my situation will haunt me if I'm ever lucky enough to conceive again.

|  former patient  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2012

doctor finch needs lessons in bed side manner and medical professionalism. Left the practice after seeing her twice.

|  show details
Dec 28th, 2011

I have had an absolutely amazing experience with her! she is sooo caring and she makes sure you never leave feeling like you still have a million questions! i recommend this dr. to everyone who wants a personal dr.

|  EXCEPTIONALLY BAD EXPERIENCE!  |  show details
by Linda Fournier on Apr 8th, 2009

I was so happy to find a female gynecologist in my area, specifically in the same bldg as my primary care physician. I scheduled an appt with Sarah Finch. My initial visit was standard. She recommended changing one of my medications due to my complaints regarding hot flashes. I was to gradually wean myself off of Wellbutrin and begin a low dose of Effexor. I did this as prescribed. After being on Effexor for a few months, and not being comfortable with the way it made me feel, I informed Dr. Finch's office that I wanted to go back on Wellbutrin. I was told that Dr. Finch would be given the message and would call me. I was never called. I called the office again only to be told that Dr. Finch would not prescribe Wellbutin for me, and I had to go back to my primary care physician with this problem. Meanwhile, I was feeling terrible on the Effexor. My primary care physician prescribed the Wellbutrin for me, but I did not know I had to wean myself off of the Effexor, nor did I have any guidance whatsoever from Dr. Finch advising me to do so! The next 10 days of my life were an absolute nightmare of cold sweats, diarrhea, nightmares, uncontrollable shaking, blurred vision and dizziness. I will NEVER forget what I went through - unnecessarily - because of this doctor's negligence.