Dr. Sarah Helfand Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sarah Helfand?

Childhood Asthma

Childhood Asthma

Have you seen Dr. Sarah Helfand?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 2nd, 2011

Misdiagnosed my daughters CANCER!!!!

I will no longer take my children to Dr. Helfand! It all started Feb 2011, my daughter complained of leg pain (in her shin). I contacted Dr. Helfand and described my daughters pain and was advised by Nurse Ruth that it was a "growth spurt". Because I have used Nurse Ruth and Dr. Helfand for 15 years I did trust what was said and gave it some time. One month later after my daughter complaining that the pain was getting intense, I contacted the office again. For the 2nd time I was turned down for a doctors appointment and was advised to take off any pressure from the leg (no running or high impact sports) and to take OTC medications to decrease any pain. I did look for a second opinion and we had xrays, MRI done and the second doctor found a spot on her leg. Second doctor diagnosed my daughter with CANCER. we have been dealing with 6 months of chemo, doctors had to remove the tibia. I understand its not Dr. Helfand fault she has cancer, I feel as a childrens doctor it is her obligation to see patients no matter how minute it may seem.

July 5th, 2011

WE LOVE Dr. Helfand and Nurse Ruth

Dr. Helfand is a fabulous pediatrician - we have been with her for 17 years!! Generally right on target with everything. Very caring, compassionate, takes time to REALLY listen and communicate. She is smart and also has a great sense of humor. When calling in for minor things, Nurse Ruth is ALWAYS helpful. They follow up regularly on important medical issues. Highly recommend. Sometimes you will wait a while, but I'm sure that is the nature of pediatrics when seriously ill kids have to be fit in.

May 23rd, 2011

marty wynne

Dr Helfand was my D's daughter for 17 years. Nurse Ruth is responsive and knowledgeable beyond expectations...never a stupid question, prompt call back, listens and probes for additional information/symptoms, guided me gently through all years of my D's development, particularly in the early years. Dr. H is cheery, professional, listens, cares, explains in layman's terms, extensive knowledge. Support staff quickly sent needed records and called me to re-schedule because my health provider reimbursed for only one physical every 12 months. we would remain with Dr. Helfand forever but alas my 17 yr old needs to start a relationship with an ob/gyn as she enters college. Great doctor with first class assistant (nurse Ruth) and effecient caring staff.

March 27th, 2010

Awesome

Always focused on the kids, great all the way around!

October 13th, 2009

18 Years!!

I have been taking my children to Dr Helfand 18 years. My youngest daughter is now 17 and we still see her. Shs is a great doctor and will hate to stop seeing her. Mad Mom does not know what she is talking about!!

August 21st, 2009

We Love Dr. Sarah!

Extremely kind and caring physician. Great little tricks for working with small children in the exam room.

March 17th, 2009

She is a great doctor!!

February 25th, 2009

Good Doctor but the front end help need to adjust there additudes they are not doing free work

September 17th, 2008

She's great

I had Dr. Helfand as my doctor as a younger child and she also saw my daughter. I think she's great at what she does!!

March 3rd, 2008

You'll have to beg for help

Dr Helfand doesn't believe in over diagnosing and over medicating. And I agree. But when you're child is really sick, all you want is help and support. She refused to believe my urging that my son was ill and reluctantly provided medicine. I found another doctor only to find that my son's untreated GERD had totally ulcerated his esophogus and shredded his vocal cords. The fact is, she doesn't listen to rational mothers, rather she expects mothers to be crazy and drug seeking.

June 29th, 2015