Dr. Sarah Hosford MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 2nd, 2016
My appointments were too fast in the exam room. I saw more of her residents/medical students than I did of the doctor. She is very busy, I know. However, not enough time to digest all the info in 5 (or so) minutes.

June 7th, 2011
Anonymous
My gynecologist referred me to Dr. Hosford and told me I would get the best care with her. I was told by one of her staff, prior to my appointment, that I should expect to be there 3 hours for my first appointment. I had to travel 1 1/2 hours to and from her office. I was at her office a total of 5 hours. Most of my time there was spent in a waiting area. I don't agree with her PA doing a pelvic exam and then she did a pelvic exam. I think patients should be asked if they approve of this practice beforehand. Between the wait time and feeling like I had been violated when I left, I was very upset. She ended up doing blood work, that my general practitioner had already done. And she told me I needed to come back to Atlanta(3 hours total travel time) to have another PET scan done. My general practitioner had already sent me for a PET scan and she had those results. I left her office without any answers to my health problems and pain that I have been dealing with for months. My first impression of her I have to say was not good. My pain was horrible after having 2 pelvic exams while I was there. I was very disappointed because I had heard people say she was a great doctor and awesome with her patients. I will definitely let my gynecologist know about my experience at her office. I hope none of his patients will be subjected to what I went through in the future. I'm trying not to blame him for my experience because I have received excellent care and compassion from him and his staff for the 5 years I have been seeing him.

March 23rd, 2011
She's the best.
Dr. Horsford is very thourough and worth the wait. She spends time with me and makes information perfectly clear. She has called me as late as 10 pm to answer questions or give me test results.

August 12th, 2010
Dr. Hosford is EXCELLENT. She is very straight and accurate with her diagnosis and makes sure that every patient has the best care. She listens and offers the advice that i think she would personally give a member of her immediate family. Very compassionate and takes the time to make you feel comfortable with treatment. Thank you for taking the time to make me feel like I count and that I am not just another number coming through the office. Staff is excellent in office and on the phone. My opionion, you all are the best!!

May 28th, 2010
Worst doctor experience I have had all the way around
I went to Dr. Hosford because I heard she was the best but in 3 appointments I have yet to meet her. I always see her Nurse Practitioner who is ok, but I have to make my appointments based on the doctor's availability. I left my first appointment in tears because they took biopsies without telling me and I was unprepared for what they were doing to me. The office staff is hands down the WORST part of the whole trip. The woman is unfriendly, unhelpful, and couldn't care less about anything other than who she is on the phone with. The practice is a last resort option, I have nothing positive to say. Well, their restrooms are pretty fancy.