Dr. S Lorion MD Patient Reviews

• 7 reviews

December 1st, 2014
Conscientious, ethical, with positive, practical health advice. I was impressed with her background and her reasons for wanting to become a physician. She's very personable and has strong convictions about how she wants to practice medicine. Her staff is friendly and helpful.

July 2nd, 2012
please read this before you see her in person, she may make you cry.
Please note she only takes one new patient a week... So you will have to wait up to 3 months or more to even get in to see her. Once your there, waiting time is pretty short, I was the only patient in the waiting room and got in to see her within 5 to 10 minutes roughly.Once I was in the patient room, the appointment was almost 2 hours long. The first half hour is just her talking, telling you how she runs her practice and where she went to school. I found that odd, never had any doctor talk that much about themselves. At first I thought I would like her, as she was telling me stuff that I did have in common with her, such as a love of the Arts and she has back issues like me. She also told me her primary care was for the elderly. (Im in my 40s) then she told me how she also had education in Psychology and told me stuff about how she treats both the mind and body.This is not what I went to her for mind you; I just want a GP that I can go to if I dont feel well and once a year for a checkup. The appointment turned sour as she started to ask me about my family History and for every person in my family we talked about, we spent a lot a time on each one of them and asked me questions I had no clue about them.The appointment kind of turned ugly when she started to talk to me about my weight, according to her being barely over 200 pounds is OBESE... Yes she called me obese, (even had charts to prove it) Not just overweight. (I still buy clothes in the Misses department, not plus size)It hurt my feeling to think that she was basically calling me FAT.. that is an ugly term, but that is how I felt she was treating me, (It reminded me of the school yard bullies of my youth, I was always the girl who was just a little heaver then every one else - IM german, we are larger people to start with) I tried to stay calm during the conversation, but because I was not showing any concern on my face, (I have one of those faces that just does not express emotion) she started to question rather or not if I even cared about my health. She literally made me cry as she went on and on about the issue. She got me thinking about all sorts of crazy stuff in my life that I had not thought about in a long time... Like how food for me means fun times with family and she told me that I need to stop spending time around family so I can avoid temptations. (She had no clue how close I am with my family and relatives or the fact I have spent 20 years as a navy wife away from my family) If I started to talk about food, and why I have put on pounds in the past 2 years (my husband retired from the navy and my entire life style changed) , she told me I was just making up excuses and threated to not take me as a new patient. It was like she was judging me instead of listening to what I have gone through the past few years. After I started to cry, then she continued to talk to me about my eating habits. It was odd because in one way, I think she cared, but I found it unnecessary for the scare tactics she uses. She could have been a whole lot nicer about the entire issue instead of spending such a long time on the issue. I think we must have talked about my weight for almost 45 minutes. She wore down my nerves. I was already nervous when I went in there, and she made me feel sad and scared before I left. My heart was racing so hard by the end of those 2 hours. It was a very uncomfortable visit pysically, It took me almost 2 days afterwards to get my nerves to calm back down to normal, I think the entire visit gave me a mild panic attact.Oh, she does not write down much on her notes, instead she uses a tape recorder (kind of old school if you ask me) But she dictates right there infront of you, turning the mini tape recorder on and off, rewinding it, listening to it, as she quietly talks to the machine, asking questions as she goes. It was distracting in my view point. Again, I have never had a doctor do that... most doctors today just use a lap top/I-pad or have a pc in their office to keep their notes. After 2 hours, she had the nurse come in a draw blood and give me a whooping cough vaccine shot, I liked the Nurse a whole lot more than I did the doctor. (Thats saying a lot, because I dont like needles, the nurse was great however, I did not feel any pain at all) The doctor wanted me to come in for an exam in a few months, but after feeling like I was judged rather harshly, I dont feel comfortable with her seeing me for a Pap smear or breast exam. I believe she would pick apart every defect on my body... and I am not going to put myself that again. The one good point from the visit... it has motivated me to lay off the sweets, but only because the blood test results came back and the nurse (called me at home) told me the points were a tad high. But I already suspected that they would be that way any way. (I get sleepy if I eat too much sugar) I dont know if I would recommend her to any one or not... You will have to have nerves of steel if you go see her... Not a good choice for anyone who has any kind of depression or nerve issues, such as I have. She will get inside your head rather you want her to or not. Im looking for a new doctor.

March 31st, 2011
Dr Lorion is the most caring, careful and knowledgeable physician. One waits because she takes her time with each patient. Worth the wait. She listens and she is also very helpful on the phone if it is needed.Cute too:)

September 17th, 2010
The most caring and pleasant odctor and person.

November 23rd, 2009
Super nice lady, but I have had several occasions that have left me less than satisfied. To give you an idea, she wanted to give me 'some pills' for 'a condition'. I took them but they had a nasty side-effect, so she wanted to give me 'some really nasty pills' to counteract the side-effect from the other pills. I declined, stopped taking the other pills and actually pretty much solved my own health issue just by making some dietary changes. Now why didn't she suggest that?On another occasion she diagnosed me with 'a condition' that isn't curable, is going to get worse, and is actually quite inconvenient to live with. She offered no tests of any kind to verify her conclusion and I have since discovered that blood test at the very minimum should be conducted to at least rule out other causes, or possibly find that it may be curable to an extent. I'm a bit annoyed and am looking for another primary care physician.

May 27th, 2009
The best.

September 22nd, 2008
Excellent Doctor
I have never met a doctor as caring and as thorough as Doctor Lorion. She is very knowledgeable and truly wants the best for her patients. I couldn't ask for a better family doctor!