Dr. Sarah Peters MD Patient Reviews

2.8

• Good
  • Bad

August 9th, 2017
I wanted medical care, not religious stories.
Dr. Peters was my family doctor for years when I lived here. The wait time I marked might be different now because I stopped going there as soon as I became an adult. If Dr. Peters had just treated me, we wouldn't have had a problem, but she took every visit as an excuse to bring up her religion. I wasn't the only person in my social circle who had this problem, and this is why none of us go there anymore. We wanted medical care, not bible study. Sometimes this religious commentary happened at wildly inappropriate times. I'm glad religion is important to Dr. Peters, but it's not to me, and in any case I'm more concerned about my health and I wish she would have done me the same courtesy when she was my doctor. In short, go to Salem-Keizer Planned Parenthood or the Santiam Hospital in Mill City if you want compassionate, nonjudgmental ladies care 100% free of unwanted religious commentary.

December 2nd, 2014
Arrogant Doctor
I waited over an hour in the waiting room and over 30 minutes in the exam room. I confronted Dr. Sarah Peters about this and all she had to say was that I picked a very popular doctor in this area and basically, if I wanted to see her, there would be a wait. I was with her for four years and never went back because I didn't enjoy my initial experience. Then I recently had an issue and called in for an appointment and was told I couldn't get in for two weeks. I decided this wasn't the office for me and I've switched doctors. I'm happy she is "one of the most popular doctors in town" but I made every effort to respect her time. I didn't feel my time was respected. I did not feel valued as a patient when I learned it would take two weeks to get in (w/out any explanation for such a long wait for office staff). I like my new doctor much better.

November 7th, 2011
Caring Doctor, very personal and easy to talk to. The office is a little disorganized concerning appointments and communication between billing-referrals-and pharmacies. Overall though, if you're looking for a doctor that is smart and caring, Dr. Sarah is a great choice.

August 27th, 2011
I have never been more disapointed in a Dr. In a small town I would expect a Dr. to be more personal and caring. We saw Dr. Peters as our primary physician for about 3 years. The only reason we saw her for so long is because she was close to home. The wait times at the office were always long, usually close to an hour. Office staff was universally rude. Whenever we had problems with the service of her or the staff Dr. Peters made poor excuses and tried to blame the problem on us. All this can be forgiven but after two missed diagnoses (we consulted web MD and then another DR) we finally decided the health of our familly was not worth the convenience of being close to home. I cannot in good consience recommend her to anybody.

May 7th, 2011
Long wait time. Rude staff. Dr does not seem to be very competent. After she failed to diagnose a problem I consulted Web MD and then another Dr.

November 5th, 2015