Sarah L Stevens MD Patient Reviews

3.6

February 7th, 2013
A Very Caring and Skilled Doctor
I've seen many doctors in my time. In comparison, Dr. Stevens is one of the best. She is kind, caring courteous, thoughtful and skilled. Working with her is a collaborative experience. She brings many ideas to the table and is interested in hearing yours. Since my case has been so complex I appreciate that she hasn't given up us like 2 other doctors before her. She also collaborates with other specialists and has spent an extraordinary amount of time working with us.

January 24th, 2012
Dr. Sarah Stevens was my doctor for 7 years (age 12-19). She was a pretty good doctor for the most part. When I was 19, she used my PTSD against me in the office. She also blamed my health problems on my weight. She would constantly bring it up even though I asked her to stop. I felt degraded, insecure, ugly, and disgusting after leaving appointments with her. When I followed up with other doctors for the same problems I saw Dr. Stevens for, they all said that none of my health conditions were weight related. I was then diagnosed with Asthma, which many THIN people in my family have. It was proven to be caused by environmental factors: Dust, mold and smoke. After starting Advair and ProAir, my breathing has improved dramatically. The doctor who diagnosed my Asthma also looked in my medical background and found that I had health complications when I lost weight and they improved when I gained weight. They found that my liver problems were caused by use of Tylenol, Advil, and Motrin. Not my weight. My liver began healing after I stopped taking pain medication and anti-inflammatory medications. I have no weight related health problems. None at all. Dr. Stevens was a crappy doctor when it came to sympathy and finding the real cause of my symptoms.