A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Sarah Thayer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Sarah Thayer is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Sarah Thayer, MD, PHD is board certified in Surgery.
- She has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Breast Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Liver Diseases
- Mucinous Adenocarcinoma
- Pancreatectomy (Pancreas Removal)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer (Pancreatic Ductal Carcinoma)
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Thyroid Cancer (Papillary Carcinoma)
Education & Awards
Dr. Thayer graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville. She has 8 awards.
Dr. Thayer has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- MIT Medical Department Health Services Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Thayer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 7 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Sarah P. Thayer practice?
Dr. Sarah Thayer practices Surgery near Boston, MA.
See Boston Surgeons.