A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Sarah Thayer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Sarah Thayer is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Sarah Thayer, MD, PHD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Breast Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Liver Diseases
- Mucinous Adenocarcinoma
- Pancreatectomy (Pancreas Removal)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer (Pancreatic Ductal Carcinoma)
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Thyroid Cancer (Papillary Carcinoma)
Education & Awards
Dr. Thayer graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Thayer has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Mass General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Thayer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 7 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Sarah P. Thayer practice?
Dr. Sarah Thayer practices Surgery, Surgery of the Hand, Surgical Oncology, Gastroenterology, Surgery of the Hand, and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand near Boston, MA.
See Boston Surgeons, Boston Gastroenterologists, and Boston Plastic Surgeons.