Dr. Sarah Thayer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sarah Thayer?

Wonderful surgeon

Posted on June 25th, 2017

Dr. Thayer did such an amazing job on my double mastectomy that the plastic surgeon was able to do reconstruction immediately. I have no regrets about choosing Dr. Thayer and would highly recommend her to anyone (and already have).

Top notch surgeon!

Posted on July 29th, 2015

Dr. Thayer made me feel like I was the only patient she had. Her bedside manner was superior. She took the time to explain my surgery and made sure I completely understood I was very fortunate to be her patient and was very sorry to hear she was leaving Boston

Posted on June 16th, 2015

Loved her personality, openess, honesty and humor. Made me feel extremely comfortable and totally informed me as to my situation. I was diagnosed elsewhere and I have not had any follow-up visits yet .

Highly recommended.

Posted on November 16th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Thayer by another surgeon at MGH, whom I have an extensive history with and trust her opinion. I had a large abdominal hernia, which was complicated by extensive adhesions from prior surgeries. Dr. Thayer was calm and confident, and took her time with me explaining how she would do the surgery and what I could expect during the recovery period. Two other surgeons at different hospitals told me the surgery could not be done laparoscopically, but Dr. Thayer said she would do her best to avoid a large incision. She was able to complete it laparoscopically, with the surgery taking 4+ hours. I know many doctors would convert to an open incision rather than spend that much time, but Dr. Thayer was persistent. I was out of the hospital the next morning and back to work in 2 weeks. I found her staff pleasant and easy to get a hold of. I know Dr. Thayer is considered a genius with pancreatic cancer surgery, but she's also just as talented in other types of general surgery.

Great MD but her assistant is horrific

Posted on February 9th, 2013

What a great,smart and kind physician! And what a dreadful assistant Dr Thayer has! I really do not think she should be representing this womans practice. Rude,annoyed with the patients and condescending . She made me feel like a nuisance and clearly showed me that she hates her job!

Gifted Genius

Posted on May 10th, 2012

When everyone else through in the towel I saw Dr. Thayer. I was accompanied by friends who were MDs with exposure to cancer. They were beyond impressed with her intellect and medical demeanor. One of the doctors actually called her a "genius". She operated on me for 17 hours without giving up hope. This weekend, two years later, I stood at the RI Pancreatic Cancer Network Purple Stride walk with only 7 survivors. 3 of the survivors had the Whipple Procedure performed through Dr. Thayer's office. My interpretation of her is that she never gives up. Where there is a 1 in 100 chance of a successful outcome she believes each patient will be the one to be the exception. Her work ethic meets this expectation. I have referred over 6 pancreatic cancer patients to her office. Not one came back without sharing the same sentiments I expressed here.She is a gift from the heavens who I may only expereince once in my lifetime. I highly recommend her.

The Finest Pancreatic Specialist

Posted on April 3rd, 2010

Dr. Thayer is the best in the field of pancreatic surgery and research. She holds a PhD and is an associate professor of surgery at Harvard Medical School. She commands a staff of wonderful medical professionals. She leads her own pancreatic research lab at Harvard Medical School's Massachusetts General Hospital, and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.Her medical knowledge, care, and bed-side manner are unmatched. She is a tremendous human-being, and a pleasure to be with. Her care, dedication, medical knowledge and surgical skills saved a family member.Dr. Thayer is a spectacular surgeon, researcher, professor, and life-saver.

Ex-patient

Posted on February 15th, 2010

I found Dr. Thayer to be an excellent Physician who neve failed to follow up on my complicated illness.

Dr. Thayer is great,but didn't like her secretary

Posted on April 22nd, 2009

Dr. Thayer is very kind,detailed in explaining procedures, understanding of concerns, very sympathetic,etc. She is a great doctor! However, I must be honest about my experience with her staff. Helene (her secretary) is forgetful, very dry personality,seems passive/annoyed with the patient,..the complete opposite of Dr. Thayer. I don't understand how she can work for her as she seems to be a bit disorganized and forgot she'd already made an appt for me. Go figure.

Dr. Sarah Thayer Terrible Doctor

Posted on August 29th, 2008

I had the unpleasant experience of being referred to Dr. Sarah Thayer of Mass General Hospitial. Please take my advice stay away. I waited over 2 hours for my apppointment , Dr. Thayer was very quick with me as she was backed up, went on vacation and had a doctor who did not specialize in her field cover for her, never ever returns phone call, Just a nightmare.

Posted on June 30th, 2017