Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Breast Cancer and Reconstructive Surgery show details Breast Cancer and Reconstructive Surgery
by CKW on Mar 15th, 2016

Two and a half weeks after my Breast Cancer Diagnosis I was scheduled to have a bilateral mastectomy. I made an appointment with Dr. Troxel. I was interested in reconstructive surgery after the removal of my breasts. During my examination with Dr. Troxel she was body shaming in order to get her point across regarding options. Even this did not deter me from agreeing to let her do my reconstruct. I just wasn't interested in personalities. I wanted sound medical advice and information. Several days went by. Dr. Troxel became angry about incomplete medical history. I had forgotten my glasses that morning and apparently skipped some questions on the form. Dr. Troxel called me at work and basically "dressed me down", yelling at me on the phone threatening not to do my surgery. If she backed out I would either have to change my surgery date or find another surgeon which would be very hard as my surgery date was now a week a way. Not to mention changing all the arrangements that had just been completed i.e. plane tickets, employment issues, etc. I couldn't even respond to Dr. Troxel or defend myself because I was at work and hand clients and coworkers nearby. This called ended with Dr. Troxel agreeing to keep the surgery date. The next day I had my oncologist's office call to reschedule my appointment (one week post-surgery date) since my surgery date had changed. I told them there must be a mistake to please check again, that I was unaware of a change of the surgery date. There was not a mistake. Dr. Troxel changed my surgery date without consulting me or informing me. I immediately called my breast cancer surgeon. We were able to put the surgery back on for the original date. Dr. Troxel's office charges their consult fee upfront in total regardless of insurance. I paid $400 cash when I checked out. This effectively emptied my bank account. I was not informed of this on the phone. They include this information with your paper work at the time of your appointment. I didn't have another $400 cash for another consultation but I picked up the phone and made an appointment with a different Plastic Surgeon trusting the world would right itself somehow someway. It did and I ended up with the most magnificent plastic surgeon. The difference is amazing. I have only started my journey to recovery. I am now 10 days post my bilateral mastectomy with my phase one reconstruction in place and I am doing very well. When you have cancer you have four or five doctors thrown into the mix and life is turned upside down. So many decisions to make. I want to encourage all women, weather you are have reconstructive surgery or augmentation. Be careful. I went on to find that it was not just Dr. Troxel's horrible demeanor and raging ego that was different but the plastic surgery center I now belong to is so far and above in professionalism, cleanliness, and patient care. I almost sentenced myself to spending a 9 months to a year with Dr. Troxel. I am absolutely elated to have narrowly escaped this future. Your plastic surgeon for reconstructive surgery becomes your primary care giver for the time of your reconstruct. You will spend months with her/him. I implore you, don't settle for second best. Don't settle for someone who does not respect you. In closing, I just want to add that of all the doctors that I have had to see in a short three weeks since my diagnosis Dr. Troxel's office is the only office that charged me upfront - not one office has even asked for my 20% co-pay.

DONT DO IT show details DONT DO IT
Oct 19th, 2014

I had a breast Augmentation in the spring of 2013. I was a small A cup and decided to have 450 silicone implants. After surgery I was disappointed I felt like they were much smaller than expected. After calling the office they said to come in, Dr Troxel had a totally different bed side manner telling me I got the size I wanted. Well apparently after reviewing my chart she had a different tone telling me the 450s wouldn't fit and she made a judgement call during surgery and gave me 350s. Which is understandable BUT that possibility is something a person would like to consider PRIOR to surgery and at the least should be informed of after!!! She wasn't even going to tell me! Not to mention a year and a half later I can not feel my boobs! Not just my nipples my whole breast are NUMB! And the scars are horrible! For a plastic surgeon you'd expect much more! At no point were these possibilities or concerns mentioned prior to surgery and post op Dr Troxel was so rude she had me in tears! I highly recommend finding another doctor! Especially when you think you are paying nearly 8000 for good quality, I assure you thats not what I found

patient show details patient
by Holly Stanton on Aug 11th, 2014

I would highly recommend not going to this plastic surgeon. I had a tummy tuck. During the consultation she drew lines across my pelvic bone. After surgery I was horrified to find out she left the scar across my stomach rather than pulling the skin down it appears she pulled the skin up. She's a butcher.

Horrible my first breast augmentation by Sarah troxel show details Horrible my first breast augmentation by Sarah troxel
Dec 27th, 2013

I had my first breast argumentation by this doctor ten some years ago , she cut some of the muscle that covers upper part of my left breast. And left with a visible indentation. She mess up my left side so bad I have been trying to fix it ever since. I've been to a couple of different doctor and spend thousand dollars to fix her mistake. Unfortunately it's not fixable and I have to live with it and everytime I look at it I hate my stupid mistake that I've ever gone to her . She is most Inconsiderate person. I honestly don't understand how people like her can sleep at night And still continue on with her practice. I Don't recommend her to anyone because I don't wish anyone who has to go through what I have to go to through 10 some years and still continues on.

Patient show details Patient
by Elliott Cole on Oct 21st, 2013

Beware! Beware! Don't do this. Wrong diagnosis, inflexible and rigid treatment..... following wrong diagnosis.

Perfect stitching show details Perfect stitching
by 2-28-2013 on Mar 1st, 2013

I am excited about the stitching that went on. Amazing work. I honestly believe that was the reason it eased the pain.! Along with a great, sincer, bond, easly made to be free to feel comfortable. I appreciate your presence in ableing me to be more free,! Thankyou. Dr. Troxel, see you soon.!

Feb 8th, 2013

Dr. Troxel is AMAZING. She is the epitome of a true professional and amazing plastic surgeon. Her staff is warm, welcoming, and hilarious. They were just as excited for my surgery as I was! I have a few more reconstructive surgeries to take care of, and she's the only surgeon I'd even consider. Her credentials speak for themselves, but her work speaks volumes on its own. LOVE her, TRUST her, and completely recommend her! Also, i check in to my appts. 10 min early, and literally never have to wait more than 3 minutes to get back to a room and be seen.

THIS WOMAN SAVED ME!!! show details THIS WOMAN SAVED ME!!!
Nov 25th, 2012

I needed to have ruptured silicone implants removed and chose Dr Troxel because she was a reconstructive breast surgeon and I wanted that extra level of expertise. Thank goodness for me! I had unforeseen complications from the rupture, which was not discovered until she opened me up, and resulted in the loss of roughly 1/3 to 1/2 of the left breast, but she nonetheless produced a beautiful result with what she had to work with. She was also ethical enough to advise that I never seek reimplantation (beieve me, I never planned on it anyway.) Her staff is awesome and caring, and they were very good about coordinating my aftercare with my doctor here on the remote island where I live. I firmly believe I would not have gotten such a good a result if I had seen a regular plastic surgeon or anyone else, for that matter. I have had numerous breast surgeries and know a breast pro when I see one. She has it all - a wealth of clinical knowledge, technical skill, and artistry. If anyone asks me for a referral to a breast surgeon in Alaska I will tell them that she is the only one I would recommend and would use all my powers of persuasion to make sure they consulted her and only her. She is my hero.

Dr. Sarah's wonderful show details Dr. Sarah's wonderful
Oct 19th, 2012

I have never been treated so well by any doctor or doctor's staff. The staff and Dr. Sarah provide caring, professional treatment. They all made the most horrid experince of my life into an almost fun experince. These lovely women always make me feel wonderful, no matter how low I am when I arrive. The breast reconstructions done by Dr. Sarah after the mastectomy left me looking wonderful when ai expected way less. God bless you Dr. Sarah!

Sarah Troxel and her staff are amazing. Absolutely! show details Sarah Troxel and her staff are amazing. Absolutely!
Mar 7th, 2012

Following a bi-lateral mastectomy,I went to see Dr. Troxel for reconstruction. I have been pleased with every aspect of my decision. I find Dr. Troxel to be extremely intellegent, compassionate,and easy to communicate with. The staff is wonderful. I would highly recommend this office to any woman having breast reconstruction.

Compasionate and trustworthy show details Compasionate and trustworthy
May 10th, 2011

A truly compassionate and caring individual and after my surgery, I trust her professional opinion and guidance. I recommend Dr. Troxel.

Apr 23rd, 2010

Very personable

very pleased with adomnioplasty show details very pleased with adomnioplasty
Jan 30th, 2010

I wanted my scar lower but dr troxell told me reasons not to go lower, that I'd have muffin tops. Almost a year later, I am thrilled with results and glad I trusted her direction and expertise. Even more so on breast issues I had in my mind what I wanted and she suggested something else that I hadn't considered and after doing research, I am thinking her guidance to be sound and wise. Thankful that this doctor doesn't just give me what I want but makes personal recommendations for my specific body. She doesn't say much so this can be perceived as not as good as bed side manners but what she says means something and she does good work. I trust and recommend her.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS show details AVOID AT ALL COSTS
Sep 3rd, 2009

Please research this Dr before considering using her. She has had multiple medical malpractice suits and medical board complaints. She does not care about her patients. After she gets your money, you mean nothing to her.

Amazing show details Amazing
by smith on Aug 2nd, 2009

Very honest and does fabulous work

Apr 14th, 2009

Very pleased with my results and I highly recommend Dr. Troxel

Dec 12th, 2008

Totally Awesome Surgeon

great abdomnioplasty! show details great abdomnioplasty!
by Laura Bankston on Jun 9th, 2008

have been pleased with my abdomnioplasty since i had it done three years ago. great work :-) wish i could have the rest of my body sculplted as well!