Dr. Sarala Ravikant Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sarala Ravikant?

10 Ratings with 1 Comment

January 31st, 2014

Excellent Doctor!

I first saw Dr. Ravakant at Beaumont Hospital during a Crohn's flare up. She knew the correct amount of time to keep me on steroids to reduce the inflammation. Previous doctors always stopped steroids too soon and therefore, my condition would be better for awhile and then worsen once I was off steroids. Dr. Ravakant's approach was to keep me on steroids for a few months and then overlap the last part of the steroid treatment with Pentasa. It worked and I am now in remission! My previous doctor (who did not keep me on steroids long enough, kept insisting that I needed biologics. I was reluctant because of the horrible side affects of the drug in which many patients require hospitalization a few times per year due to infection. Other things I truly appreciate about Dr. Ravakant is that she takes the time to explain things and educate patients. She stays current on medical issues and is incredibly knowledgeable. My son also has Crohn's and his previous doctor also pushed us to start biologics. Dr. Ravakant was able to get his symptoms under control with steroids and Pentasa.

January 19th, 2017