Dr. Sarkis Chobanian MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

August 4th, 2015
AWESOME PHYSICIAN!!!!

January 2nd, 2014
Ms.
I have been a patient of Dr. Chobanian for several years now and I have a lot of confidence in him. After having a very bad experience( life threatening) with another doctor, I was searching for someone I could trust. Dr. Chobanian was recommended to me by a friend and I am so glad I took her advice. He listens to what I have to say and proceeds with the care he thinks appropriate. I have never found him to order unnecessary tests or procedures. My colonoscopy and endoscopy are done in the convenience of his office without the expense of a hospital. (My aunt , however, is seen at the hospital because of her high risk) I have recommended him to friends and family and will continue to recommend him as long as he is taking patients. When he decides to retire I will be in a panic.

August 20th, 2012
I've thought about Dr. Chobanian for months, following a complicated gall bladder surgery he did not perform. When no explanation was found regarding the source of my intense pain, the surgeon suggested I see my gastro, Dr. Chobanian. I had already seen him once or twice, I have Celiac's Disease, and I was sure he would know what was wrong. Have you seen Chobanian's bio? It's impressive. He's a curmedgeonly old guy who just reeks with what I thought was experience. Chobanian immediately ordered an expensive endoscopy performed in HIS facility, he did the exact same thing the first time I saw him. Remember that. He reported the new endoscopy had showed nothing(that turned out NOT to be true!) and ordered a considerably more expensive test also performed in HIS facility, whereby I would swallow some sort of 'Pill Cam' and the pictures would be uploaded when the camera passed. I could barely tolerate a banana passing through my intestines and refused the procedure. Chobanian then immediately ordered a very inexpensive test NOT performed in his facility. There's the rub! If the less expensive test was comparable, why was it not ordered first? Also, when he was not able to diagnose what might be wrong, he suggested I check into a hospital and learn 'Pain Management'. For those of you who don't understand the underlying implications of this suggestion, it means Dr. Chobanian had no idea what was wrong, didn't care, didn't have the confidence and/or experience to make a suggestion, and offloaded me to the dreaded Pain Pill Highway. I couldn't digest a pain pill without excruciating pain. When I said so, he poo-pooed me like I was a child and suggested I would be fine. Really? What happened to doctors who used their brains and experience when treating patients? In the end, Dr. Chobanian is nothing special, just another less-than-average test physician lining his coffers with insurance monies invoiced from un-necessary precedures performed in HIS facility. If you choose to see him or any of his cohorts, I'll bet he immediately schedules an endoscopy or colonoscopy...he always does. That's what pays his bills, whether you need one or not.

September 22nd, 2010
Wonderful!!!
Dr. Chobanian put we completely at ease, respected my fears and nervousness, was very compassionate and helped me heal. He explained everything - I can't say enough about him and his staff. I HIGHLY reccommend him.

June 3rd, 2010
Highly recommend this doctor
I have been seeing Dr. Chobanian for over 20 years, and can't recommend him highly enough. I already stress out about what will I do when he retires! Dr. Overholt in the same practice is world renowned also if you need another reason to pick this group, but I love my doc.