Dr. Sarmed Elias Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sarmed Elias?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 21st, 2017

Holistic Approach to my knee

Dr S. George Elias, not only preformed surgery to correct a previous botched knee scope, he addressed my heart and lungs, knowing my knee could not fully heal if my overall health was not addressed. It is not stretch to say he saved my life after his knee scope, I have much less pain and am looking forward to getting active again. Thank you Dr Elias!!

November 19th, 2016

Extremely accurate. Gets down to the problem and solves it asap. The best surgeon

November 19th, 2016

The best

October 24th, 2016

Best ever

I have been with DR. ELIAS for several years and has done wonders working with my conditions! I have three chronic pain disorders and managed to keep my symptoms to where I can be comfortable without suffering with pain. I recommend him highly to my friends and acquaintances and also to the public.

October 19th, 2016

Merited Rating

I am not a "Ghost Writer" as some of the anonymous negative commenters that are posted: one (1), I know for a fact, was a former disgruntled employee having a rather relaxed intimate conversation on his CellPhone discussing the previous nights date. I was a Patient in one of the private waiting rooms with the door closed, so this is first hand information. With his back turned (away from the door) he was so pre-occupied with his "I LOVE YOU TOO" in a hushed tone on his Cellular device that he didn't notice Dr Elias peering into the room to determine if I was properly "prepped". Dr Elias was not pleased and told him, "enough is enough"; how many times have we discussed that the Patient is "Option #1"??? There are no other options!!! Leave this Facility, now! When Dr Elias walked away the Employee stated, I'll get even with that (Expletive Deleted); I'll go on Social Media and "rip him a new one" like Andrea (Ex- Employee) did. ~ I have been a Patient of Dr Elias for 21 years (Jan 2017). Any Patient of Dr Elias knows there are no higher priorities than his Patients. So, any Patient who hasn't been around for as many years as I, may (understandably) become confused when looking at Physician Reviews of the different venues displaying comments from a supposed irate Patient who remains "Anonymous"; this is SO antithetical to the Dr Elias we've all come to know and respect. It would leave the average person (that's searching for a competent Physician of his Professional Capacity) to be unjustly misled into a quandary by those vicious prevarications. ~ I am NOT anonymous: I've been a Patient of Dr Elias since 1996. I'm a retired U.S. Gov't Engineer (Civilian Capacity) as well as a twice honorably discharged Viet Veteran. I'm presently a Literary Consultant. My name is William Eldridge 25285 Faraday Rd. - Manhattan, IL. 60442- 6213. ~ Ph: (815) 258- 9513

May 31st, 2016

Conversations

It is hard to find a good Doc nowadays. Especially one that will actually spend more then the average 2 minutes with you after you've seen the "physicians assistant". I have been to many doctors trying to figure out what to do for my situation and most don't even take the time to sit with you and explain your options let alone the effort to properly diagnose your symptoms. Dr. Elias is something different when it comes to what at least I feel is important.......A CONVERSATION WITH YOUR DOCTOR. Before I happened upon Dr. Elias I thought all was lost and I would be in a wheelchair shortly with no means by which to support my family. Well, here I am eight years later leading a very comfortable and productive life with full time employment! Why? Because Dr. Elias spent the time to properly diagnose before rushing to surgery and because I actually have 1/2 hour to 1 hour conversations with him during an appointment. This has allowed me to understand my situation fully, my limitations and ALWAYS my options. If there is any comfort to be had when battling severe disc disease I have it only due to the care and professionalism I have received during my treatment. Undestanding your symptoms in detail and all the options allows you the security and comfort to make informed decisions. Any other doctor would have sliced me up, fused my spine, talked to me for 2 minutes while the physicians assistant grabs the next patient. Thank you for the Conversations!

March 25th, 2016

Great doctor I've been wother him for several years. I always recommend my friends and associates to him.

December 16th, 2015

Any hospital priviledges anywhere??

I thought a doctor had to be on staff at a hospital in order to have surgery center priviledges....? Why not on staff anymore at any of previous places??

September 24th, 2015

Physician who looks at all options and cares about his patients.

Recently, I had to see an orthopedic surgeon for my left wrist. This doctor told me that I had arthritis in it and there wasn't much that could be done for it. The only tests he took were x-rays. He did not have me have any MRIs or CTs for it. He told me because of my age, this was to be expected. I am younger than 60! I was not happy with this diagnosis or the way the doctor talked with me about my wrist. I decided to get a second opinion, so, I went to see Dr. Sarmed George Elias. He manipulated my wrist and did strength tests with it which showed that I had lack of mobility and strength in the wrist. He could also tell, I had quite a bit of pain in the wrist when trying to twist it in any motion. He sent me for an MRI which showed I had a small broken bone and I also had at least 1 if not 2 torn ligaments. Dr. Elias also performed an arthrogram to the wrist. This is where he injects medical dye into the wrist to watch it flow through the wrist to see exactly where the damage is done. This test showed that I had 3 torn ligaments in the wrist and a small fracture to one of the small bones. I will need to have surgery to repair the torn ligaments. The fracture will heal while my wrist is immobilized from the surgery for the ligaments. I am so appreciative of Dr. Elias and not just believing the previous surgeon's opinion. Dr. Elias spent quite a bit of time with me and made me feel as though I was important to him as a patient. I have decided I will never go back to the previous surgeon let alone go to another orthopedic surgeon. I highly recommend Dr. Elias. It has been a long time since I have met a physician who cares about the patient rather than the clock and how many patients can he see in an hour. I am looking forward to having my wrist repaired so I can have the PT done in his PT Department so I can move on without any pain in my wrist.

February 25th, 2015

Dr. Elias looks at the details

1. Dr. S. G. Elias has been my treating physician for several severe orthopedic disabilities. He has, basically kept me from living my life wheelchair bound. 2. Dr. S. G. Elias has always been upfront and honest with me when discussing my disorders and treatment. Recently, I had to go for an IME – Independent Medical Exam for disability. a. The IME physician, Dr. A. B. submitted a report stating there was nothing wrong with my lower spine after looking at only one image of the MRI and after spending only 10 minutes with me. b. I have several major orthopedic issues – Dr. A.B. would not consider them, nor would he report on them. Even when the insurance company asked him to report on them, he would not. At the time of the exam, I had a cast on my left wrist from surgery and a brace on my left ankle because of 3 tendon tears in my ankle. I also walk with a cane at all times. c. Dr. A.B. did not ask me to perform any of the typical functional tests that would normally be performed for an IME such as bending forward and backward, lifting items, twisting or turning, raising my hands above my head, etc… d. Dr. A.B. told me he would not hire me because of my disabilities. e. I would never recommend this Dr. A.B. to anyone. My disabilities are not just based on my spine, but, rather, on my many severe orthopedic issues. 3. I appreciate Dr. S. G. Elias because he always believes me when I tell him some part of my body isn’t functioning properly. 4. As Dr. S. G. Elias has been treating my back for a couple of years, he performed a new discogram imaging study on my lower spine to determine the status. This study, once again, showed I have 3 herniated discs all with Grade 5 tears. 5. This study is performed and reported by a machine/computer. Dr. S. G. Elias cannot change the outcome of the studies. These results cannot be subjective in any way. 6. Dr. S. G. Elias determines treatment based on the facts that are objective and not subjective. This is why I truly appreciate him. 7. Dr. S. G. Elias believes in real details and does not do any procedures that are not necessary. 8. I highly recommend Dr. S. G. Elias to anyone who is looking for a physician who will listen to them, care about their outcome and treat them with the respect that all patients deserve.

December 30th, 2014

I would not advise anyone to go to this Doctor. He is a butcher and has not moral compasses. Anonymous Patient

August 21st, 2014

superior and caring care

I have been a patient with Dr. Elias for several years. My wife has been as well. The care I have received from Dr. Elias has been nothing but superior. He cares about me as a person and always makes sure I completely understand what his findings are. Recently, I have an a health issue that is out of the realm of Orthopedics. My wife discussed it with him and he recommended that I go to see him, just to talk about what was happening. After discussion, it was recommended that I have an imaging test done in order to really evaluate the issue. He discussed the findings with my wife and me, making sure both of us understood the issues. He did not recommend further action or surgery at this time. We will re-evaluate in a month. If at that time, there are no changes, he will give further recommendations. I appreciate this as he did not rush to send me to a specialist for surgery. I have noticed this with my wife as well. She has had many orthopedic issues. He has always given the recommendations of physical therapy prior to surgery. He has never rushed into surgical procedures with her. I truly appreciate at him as a physician and would recommend him to any of my friends and family members.