Dr. Sarmed Elias MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 18th, 2016
Extremely accurate. Gets down to the problem and solves it asap. The best surgeon

The best

Very caring and knowledgeable
I have been a patient with Dr. Elias for several years. I have always received incredible care. He is not a physician who walks in the room and says "oh I know what that is" and gives me a prescription and sends me on my way. Dr. Elias listens to you, examines you, decides whether x-rays are necessary or other imaging studies would be necessary. His bedside manner reaches higher than any other physician I have had. I have had minor to critical orthopedic disorders and he has been able to treat me and has literally kept me out of a wheelchair. I am currently in a critical state. He has researched to make sure he is treating me as if I was at Mayo Clinic. Words really cannot express my appreciation to Dr. Elias. He has given me his cell phone number and his email address so I can ben in contact with him if I have an emergency that I cannot handle myself. Dr. Elias even met my husband and me after hours on a Friday evening because of an emergency. I was so impressed that he would do that for me. If you are looking for a physician that has not only your care on his mind but also your family. I will never go to another Orthopedic Surgeon if I can help it. Dr. Elias is a perfectionist when it comes to patient care and he expects that from all of his auxilliary staff. Every staff member has always treated me with respect and care. I highly recommend Dr. Elias for anyone who is looking for a physician who I would rate as 10/10 if I could.

October 24th, 2016
Best ever
I have been with DR. ELIAS for several years and has done wonders working with my conditions! I have three chronic pain disorders and managed to keep my symptoms to where I can be comfortable without suffering with pain. I recommend him highly to my friends and acquaintances and also to the public.

October 19th, 2016
Merited Rating
I am not a "Ghost Writer" as some of the anonymous negative commenters that are posted: one (1), I know for a fact, was a former disgruntled employee having a rather relaxed intimate conversation on his CellPhone discussing the previous nights date. I was a Patient in one of the private waiting rooms with the door closed, so this is first hand information. With his back turned (away from the door) he was so pre-occupied with his "I LOVE YOU TOO" in a hushed tone on his Cellular device that he didn't notice Dr Elias peering into the room to determine if I was properly "prepped". Dr Elias was not pleased and told him, "enough is enough"; how many times have we discussed that the Patient is "Option #1"??? There are no other options!!! Leave this Facility, now! When Dr Elias walked away the Employee stated, I'll get even with that (Expletive Deleted); I'll go on Social Media and "rip him a new one" like Andrea (Ex- Employee) did. ~ I have been a Patient of Dr Elias for 21 years (Jan 2017). Any Patient of Dr Elias knows there are no higher priorities than his Patients. So, any Patient who hasn't been around for as many years as I, may (understandably) become confused when looking at Physician Reviews of the different venues displaying comments from a supposed irate Patient who remains "Anonymous"; this is SO antithetical to the Dr Elias we've all come to know and respect. It would leave the average person (that's searching for a competent Physician of his Professional Capacity) to be unjustly misled into a quandary by those vicious prevarications. ~ I am NOT anonymous: I've been a Patient of Dr Elias since 1996. I'm a retired U.S. Gov't Engineer (Civilian Capacity) as well as a twice honorably discharged Viet Veteran. I'm presently a Literary Consultant. My name is William Eldridge 25285 Faraday Rd. - Manhattan, IL. 60442- 6213. ~ Ph: (815) 258- 9513

May 31st, 2016
Conversations
It is hard to find a good Doc nowadays. Especially one that will actually spend more then the average 2 minutes with you after you've seen the "physicians assistant". I have been to many doctors trying to figure out what to do for my situation and most don't even take the time to sit with you and explain your options let alone the effort to properly diagnose your symptoms. Dr. Elias is something different when it comes to what at least I feel is important.......A CONVERSATION WITH YOUR DOCTOR. Before I happened upon Dr. Elias I thought all was lost and I would be in a wheelchair shortly with no means by which to support my family. Well, here I am eight years later leading a very comfortable and productive life with full time employment! Why? Because Dr. Elias spent the time to properly diagnose before rushing to surgery and because I actually have 1/2 hour to 1 hour conversations with him during an appointment. This has allowed me to understand my situation fully, my limitations and ALWAYS my options. If there is any comfort to be had when battling severe disc disease I have it only due to the care and professionalism I have received during my treatment. Undestanding your symptoms in detail and all the options allows you the security and comfort to make informed decisions. Any other doctor would have sliced me up, fused my spine, talked to me for 2 minutes while the physicians assistant grabs the next patient. Thank you for the Conversations!

March 25th, 2016
Great doctor I've been wother him for several years. I always recommend my friends and associates to him.

December 15th, 2015
Any hospital priviledges anywhere??
I thought a doctor had to be on staff at a hospital in order to have surgery center priviledges....? Why not on staff anymore at any of previous places??

November 25th, 2015
Doesn't care
He's all about the money he doesn't care about the patient. He yells at his staff in front of his patients. He talks a good game but you can see right through his b.s!

September 24th, 2015
Physician who looks at all options and cares about his patients.
Recently, I had to see an orthopedic surgeon for my left wrist. This doctor told me that I had arthritis in it and there wasn't much that could be done for it. The only tests he took were x-rays. He did not have me have any MRIs or CTs for it. He told me because of my age, this was to be expected. I am younger than 60! I was not happy with this diagnosis or the way the doctor talked with me about my wrist. I decided to get a second opinion, so, I went to see Dr. Sarmed George Elias. He manipulated my wrist and did strength tests with it which showed that I had lack of mobility and strength in the wrist. He could also tell, I had quite a bit of pain in the wrist when trying to twist it in any motion. He sent me for an MRI which showed I had a small broken bone and I also had at least 1 if not 2 torn ligaments. Dr. Elias also performed an arthrogram to the wrist. This is where he injects medical dye into the wrist to watch it flow through the wrist to see exactly where the damage is done. This test showed that I had 3 torn ligaments in the wrist and a small fracture to one of the small bones. I will need to have surgery to repair the torn ligaments. The fracture will heal while my wrist is immobilized from the surgery for the ligaments. I am so appreciative of Dr. Elias and not just believing the previous surgeon's opinion. Dr. Elias spent quite a bit of time with me and made me feel as though I was important to him as a patient. I have decided I will never go back to the previous surgeon let alone go to another orthopedic surgeon. I highly recommend Dr. Elias. It has been a long time since I have met a physician who cares about the patient rather than the clock and how many patients can he see in an hour. I am looking forward to having my wrist repaired so I can have the PT done in his PT Department so I can move on without any pain in my wrist.

February 24th, 2015
Dr. Elias looks at the details
1. Dr. S. G. Elias has been my treating physician for several severe orthopedic disabilities. He has, basically kept me from living my life wheelchair bound. 2. Dr. S. G. Elias has always been upfront and honest with me when discussing my disorders and treatment. Recently, I had to go for an IME – Independent Medical Exam for disability. a. The IME physician, Dr. A. B. submitted a report stating there was nothing wrong with my lower spine after looking at only one image of the MRI and after spending only 10 minutes with me. b. I have several major orthopedic issues – Dr. A.B. would not consider them, nor would he report on them. Even when the insurance company asked him to report on them, he would not. At the time of the exam, I had a cast on my left wrist from surgery and a brace on my left ankle because of 3 tendon tears in my ankle. I also walk with a cane at all times. c. Dr. A.B. did not ask me to perform any of the typical functional tests that would normally be performed for an IME such as bending forward and backward, lifting items, twisting or turning, raising my hands above my head, etc… d. Dr. A.B. told me he would not hire me because of my disabilities. e. I would never recommend this Dr. A.B. to anyone. My disabilities are not just based on my spine, but, rather, on my many severe orthopedic issues. 3. I appreciate Dr. S. G. Elias because he always believes me when I tell him some part of my body isn’t functioning properly. 4. As Dr. S. G. Elias has been treating my back for a couple of years, he performed a new discogram imaging study on my lower spine to determine the status. This study, once again, showed I have 3 herniated discs all with Grade 5 tears. 5. This study is performed and reported by a machine/computer. Dr. S. G. Elias cannot change the outcome of the studies. These results cannot be subjective in any way. 6. Dr. S. G. Elias determines treatment based on the facts that are objective and not subjective. This is why I truly appreciate him. 7. Dr. S. G. Elias believes in real details and does not do any procedures that are not necessary. 8. I highly recommend Dr. S. G. Elias to anyone who is looking for a physician who will listen to them, care about their outcome and treat them with the respect that all patients deserve.

December 30th, 2014
I would not advise anyone to go to this Doctor. He is a butcher and has not moral compasses. Anonymous Patient