Dr. Sarmistha Kumar DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

June 15th, 2015
Ms.
Dr. Kumar is agreat medical provider. i would recommend her to all of my family and friends

May 18th, 2015
friendly doctor
I'm surprised to see the negative reviews. My experience was that she was very helpful and answered all my questions. Did not feel hurried or rushed. Seems like a sweet person, not an abrasive personality at all. The nature of her work creates some pain unfortunately, so I can see that could cause people distress. But she was quick about it and the effects wear off immediately. Getting a root canal at the dentist is far worse!!

April 6th, 2015
Dr Sarmistha Kumar
Gentle and Knowledgeable

January 16th, 2015
Avoid Her.
Minimal history and physical. Only positive was recommending an MRI which disproved her diagnosis.

July 9th, 2013
Dr. Kumar
The wait to the office was short which was a good thing. After being called in to the exam room, she took my new patient packet and started to dictate never once did she look at me. She did not ask any questions about my pain or concerns. Her bedside manners are HORRIBLE. My visit was less then 10 minutes with her mostly dictating her note while I was just sitting in the room waiting to talk to her. Never did she told me what I have or what was wrong. Just like that the visit was over and to f/u. Well I will NOT be following up with her.

May 10th, 2013
Dr Kumar
Dr. Kumar was rough, insensitive and did not give me good information about my condition. She handed me a piece of paper to read and I had to ask for a prescription for the services to treat the condition. Her bedside manner and methods leave much to be desired. I got the impression that she was mad at something and roughly taking it out on me. Will NOT be returning to her and will let my regular MD who referred her about my experience

May 6th, 2013
Terrible "bedside manner"
Dr Kumar is abrupt, has no regard for pain she causes during treatment and then when you respond as you would when in pain, she tells you that this procedure doesn't hurt and rolls her eyes at you. She is rough in her treatment and rushes and doesn't use good aseptic technique, such as dropping things on the floor then picking them up to use on you. I'm an RN and I don't think I've ever been treated as badly by a doctor. And this was on the first encounter. I won't be returning and Ill suggest to my primary not to refer anyone to her.

March 23rd, 2012
Dr. Kumar was nice and seemed to care about me, so for that I give her 2 stars. However, her treatment for my low back pain involved 2 excruciatingly painful injections into my hip joints, which didn't do anything except add pain in both of my hips to the original low back pain. I will not be returning to her office.

July 18th, 2011
Yes I would recommend the doctor. Sometimes front desk person has been a bit short but that can be overlooked.Doctor easy to talk to and ask questions.