Overall Review

September 6th, 2016
Does not care about her patients.

March 21st, 2016
Birthing Bully, Will take advantage of you
I had a horrible experience with this woman. I actually am now diagnosed with ptsd and overgeneralized anxiety disorder after my birth experience with her. I felt horrible and confused after leaving the hospital and longed to find solace im my records. However after reading over the hopital reports produced by Melendy, she had not only produced a full opinionated paragraph of her feelings instead of her medical findings, BUT Upon furter disection of the records did I notice she had listed many notings to be wrong. Such as the time of my waters breaking and the time my actual labor had started. The only correct facts she had was my name, age, and infants birth weight. Her bedside mannors are not only detestable but she is a medical bully and wont spend more than an average of 3 minutes to get to know you personally. Mind you, birth is very personal. So just go right ahead and throw that birth plan of yours out the window, and expect to be majorly disrespected and belittled at your birth. MOTHERS TO BE, BEWARE.

January 18th, 2016
Dr Melendy was rather rude and didn't want to hear my concerns. I will NOT be going back.

October 11th, 2014
Patient
She never knocks on the patient's door, but barges right in as if she is in a major rush. She is overworked, always has too many patients to see and so the few minutes she spends with you rushed. She tries to be nice, but gives a lot of false hope. She fails to review the basic information about your medical history. Says she has 9 years experience, just remember she is including her residency. She misdiagnosed me twice. She put me on antibiotics during pregnancy when it turns out I did not have a UTI. When she makes a medical error, she does not admit it and fails to apologize. Does not follow basic protocol when a patient has excruciating pain during medical procedures. If you have read this much, please get yourself an experienced OBGYN that provides high quality patient care and follows protocol.

August 15th, 2014
I cannot believe the review posted from July! I have had Dr. Melendy put 2 IUD's in and she was fantastic! I am also aware, as a nurse, that perforations are a known risk of IUD placement and I am sure that patient signed a consent knowing such. Of note, you cannot "die" from an IUD perforation and the word "negligence" is absurd! Dr. Melendy is amazing and I trust her completely!

July 24th, 2014
Medical professional
Nice doctor, but bad doctor. Not enough experience, lied to me, dismissed my concerns upon insertion of iud. Perforated my uterus without listening to my screaming pains and bloody discharge. Ignores patient's concerns. She should step down and admit her errors. I almost died because of her. Please do not get an IUD inserted by her, save yourself from surgery and possible death because of her negligence and poor insertion of the device.

July 22nd, 2013
Patient
Dr. Melendy is the best! She always takes time to answer all of my questions, even thous she is very busy. She is very kind and puts you at ease.