Dr. Saskia Hostetler Lippy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

September 11th, 2015
doctor harming patients.
Completely incompetant

June 20th, 2008
Dr. Hostetler-Lippy
Dr. Saskia Hostetler-Lippy is extremely caring and competent. Every session she listens to every word, as is evident when she "sums up" each train of thought and adds her valuable thoughts. She is also very receptive to clarifications and correction ("no, that's not exactly what I meant...") and she never insists that her initial interpretation is correct. Most of all, I believe she truly wants not only to understand me, but to help me completely understand myself. I have been through periods of excitement, sadness, frustration, and triumph during sessions and through each season Dr. Hostetler-Lippy has been incredibly supportive and completely non-judgmental. She clearly upholds the ethics of her profession, yet she does not exhibit an air of coldness or inflexibility. Instead she is kind and empathetic, even when I am not. I have no doubt she takes me seriously even when I feel slighted by everyone else in my world. I would highly recommend Dr. Hostetler-Lippy to anyone who wants to get serious about learning why they are the way they are, even if they have had poor experiences in other treatment situations. One of the uncanny things about this doctor is she always seems to be so careful about the way she words things. I find when I reflect upon a past session, I think of the things she said or the questions she asked, and I realize how hurt I could have been if the same statement or question had been phrased in a different way. When I am in the sessions, however, her phrasing never seems forced or overly-clinical. I believe she wants to meet me at the level where I am and does not expect me to be any other place than that. 10 out of 10--she is the most helpful doctor I have ever seen.