Dr. Sathya Kalangi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.3
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

July 7th, 2013
unhappy
My first visit with Dr.kalangi was really great. She is very warm and welcoming , and makes you feel really comfortable and at ease. However as great of a Dr as she is, her receptionist, is horrible! If I have any questions small or large, she spends no time to answer anything. I am a 23 yr old female, Dr kahlangi ordered Me to have a colonoscopy, I was very unsure as to why I was even sent to have this test , and without further information the assistant had already charged my card for 180 dollars for this procedure. Before I could ask her to wait, I needed to check financially if I could have this procedure, and wanted to know why as well since I am seemingly ok, the 200 dollars were charged. I call my banks to stop payment and couldn't. I called the office, withing minutes of leaving to cancel until I had more information on the whole procedure. After talking with my MD and the office doing the procedure as well I was strongly urged to cancel it. Which I did the very same day. I know there are fees for canceling appointments without notice but I gave immediate notice. The Lady in the office refused to help me or answer any questions being very rude. Then telling me I will not be able to get nearly any of my money back despite instant canceling. So I left with no information as to why I needed it, and 180 dollars I will not get back due to rude incompetent office staff. I missed an appointment the week before due to a car accident, and she insinuated I was in the wrong for not rescheduling immediately. Summary, Dr is amazing, receptionist that works the window , terrible. The only reason I won't go back.