Dr. Satish Kapoor MD Patient Reviews

• Pulmonary Disease Tarrytown, NY

3.8

February 2nd, 2011
Great doctor + helpful, kind nurses
I visited this doctor as a new patient this week and was pleasantly surprised. He spent a good deal of time with me and patiently and thoroughly answered all my questions. He did a ton of bloodwork, which I found very reassuring. The office is very clean and bright and the nurses - both the one who drew my blood and the one who called with the results - were fantastic. I was feeling faint before the blood tests and the nurse very kindly brought me a fresh cookie. I was also impressed with the punctuality with which I received my lab results. Usually you have to call and harass the staff, but I was called by a very nice nurse who answered all my questions. So glad to find a decent physician in the Tarrytown area!

September 2nd, 2010
Stay away
While I hear he is nice to some people. He was very cold with me, he barely spoke and didn't seem to have any thoughts about my condition other than that he wanted me to come again after some tests. Never explained anything, getting information out of him about my tests, and why it was required was like pulling teeth from a person. After the test, the office never called me, then when I did call they asked me to make an appointment and come in, which I did. Only to be told by the doctor that there wasn't anything wrong(he barely looked at my tests) and that I didn't need to be on medication or anything. He took all of 20 secs to get rid of me. He seemed disinterested and looks like he does it only for the money. I changed my doctor immediately and I am very happy that I did so. My current doc explains everything and doesn't rush me out of the door without taking a good look at my charts. There are a ton of good doctors out there, choose wisely. Avoid Dr.Kapoor!

April 5th, 2010
Check your insurance policy and coverage. After mu visit no f/u no communication from clinic. I have to call for my Lab result and found I have a problem. Doctor vener bothered to call me.

March 17th, 2010
I have been treated by Dr. Satish Kapoor since 1992 for pulmonary sarcoidosis. I find him to be caring and experienced, and he is conservative in his approach to treatment, especially if the treatment has serious side effects. I have referred over ten of my friends and family members to Dr. Kapoor, as he truly is a "top doctor."