Dr. Satishkumar Patel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Satishkumar Patel?

Great psychiatrist

Posted on March 3rd, 2017

Run fast from Dr Patel..

Posted on September 11th, 2015

I would not send my worst enemy to Dr Patel.. He is very rude and does not answer or return calls once you have an issue.. Stay away from him and run as fast as you can ..

Shady and unprofessional

Posted on September 11th, 2015

I originally called to try to get an appointment because I was no longer able to see my previous doctor and I needed to see about getting a refill on my medication. I was told by the receptionist that because my previous doctor had me on medication that I would have to get a controlled substance psychological exam at Rutgers University and she gave their phone number. I called the number and they had no idea had I was talking about. They said to call back and ask for more specifics. She said the only psychological exams they do are for learning disabilities and the process takes a few months. I called back the doctors office and the receptionist said again it's a controlled substance exam and I have to take it because I am on medication. I told her that I had no problem taking it but I don't even know what this test is or where I can take it and the number she gave me doesn't know anything about it. She also said that because I was on a controlled substance that no other doctor would be able to see me. She then said I was the first person she told to go get it because it is due to a new law that just went into effect this month. I asked her the name of the law or for more information about the law but she just kept saying she didn't know. I asked her who told her about this law and she said Dr. Patel showed her a letter stating this. I asked if she could get it and read it to me but she was just stuttering as if she was Ed Norton caught in a lie. I then asked if I could speak to the doctor and at first she refused. I was persistent and said that if she is telling me I have to do something before I can make an appointment but she is not able to tell me exactly where I can do it or exactly what the law was requiring it, then the doctor should know that he is about to lose a customer over it. She said he would call me back. He never called. In the meantime, I called back Rutgers and they never heard of this law. I called up other offices and doctors I know in other states (because she told me it was federal law and not state) and none of them heard of this law and said it sounded bizarre. I called back the next day and left a message and still received no call back. I called again today at the end of the business day and the receptionist said the doctor was too busy to call me back. I told her no one knows anything about this law and if she can't even put the doctor on the phone to explain what I have to do that I would be filing a complaint with the state. She finally put me on hold and put the doctor on the phone. The doctor said there was no law stating that I had to get a controlled substance exam and that the receptionist was just a receptionist and she doesn't know about these things because she is not a doctor. I said that if she didn't know, she should have been providing me with false information and every time I asked why she told me that, he kept saying, she's just a receptionist. He then said that I indeed would have to get the learning disability exam before he can schedule an appointment with anyone. The exam is a long detailed process that takes over 3 months but it is also not applicable to my situation. He then said that his office does not prescribe the drug (vyvanse) that I needed a refill of even though I specifically told the receptionist in the very first minute of our first conversation that is why I was making the appointment and it was specifically because I was on vyvanse (she specially named it) that I would have to get this controlled substance exam. he just kept saying that he didn't know why she told me that. I said that I didn't think it was professional to have a receptionist saying all these things and have me spend 2 full days trying to find out about this law all because his receptionist provided me with false information. I told him that something doesn't seem right and I didn't understand how a business could have a receptionist saying such things and I don't think it is legal to have a secretary providing false information like that. He then became angry and told me he had to go and hung up. I am still very confused as to why I was told these things. Every question was danced around as if they were politicians with something to hide. But I guess this was all for the better. Who knows what would have happened if I actually did get an appointment with Dr. Patel and I am glad that I will never find out.

Posted on May 15th, 2017