Dr. Sawsan Selem Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sawsan Selem?

January 13th, 2015

Dr. Selem has been my four children's doctor since they were born. After having her for 6 years, I am thinking of finding a new Dr for my kids due to the unfriendliness of her staff and the longggggggg waiting time. Dr. Selem is extremely caring and competent. She spends a great amount of time checking my children. Overall, she is a wonderful doctor. However, I cannot stand the unfriendliness of her staff and the mostly 1 to 1.5 hour long visits. A few times, we were there for 2 hours! Lastly, our children were not allowed to sit on our laps during immunizations. I did not appreciate how her assistant gave the shots without showing any compassion.

August 27th, 2013

Dentist

The bad- The office staff is rude. One of the staff members had one of there kids hanging out in the office. Wait time is very long. Every time we wait in the front lobby for 30 min. Then once in the room at least 10 min. It is pretty bad. The office is not very inviting or kid friendly, which is weird for a pediatricians office. The good- Dr. Salem is a very nice and kind person who is very focused on each patient. After she diagnosed our child, she called everyday to check on his progress. Although she is a good Dr I am considering finding a new pediatrician because we dread the experience.

November 11th, 2012

Read

I been going to dr salem's office for 3 years now. The dr is excellent I love her I moved an hour away and I still go to her. The staff. They are great with me they always talk to me and make me laugh. The other reviews say that the staff is rude BUT I seen from experience they are super busy running like headless chickens and trying to get you in and out. They try to help you but the phones are ringing left and right an they have patients there with questions but no matter what if u give them time you won't regret this office if you don't mind waiting because they do over book a lot.

August 1st, 2012

Love the doctor, despise the staff

My daughter has been seeing Dr. Selem since she was born 9 years ago. The doctor is wonderful; great bed-side manner, kind, gentle and very knowledgeable. Her staff on the other hand, are rude, unfriendly and inept. Her staff is made up mostly of hispanic women that speak spanish. I have no problem with this seeing as how I also speak spanish yet her staff does not know this since I look caucasian. When my daughter was 2 years old I could not affirmatively answer one of their preliminary developmental questions about my daughter's progress and one of her staff members had the audacity to talk bad about me, in front of me, in spanish. She did not know I understood what she said but I was so shocked that she and her co-workers would be so rude and have a laugh at my expense RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE! Not only are they rude and do not smile, the wait at this office is horrible. I typically wait 45minuts to an hour and in one instance I waited one and half hours! The most recent occurrnece was when I called in to get a referral to a dermatologist and had to leave a message with the front staff for the doctor. The doctor called back and left me a message seeing if I still needed a referral for an ortho doctor. The ineptitude of her staff is disgusting.Sadly to say, after 9 years I am leaving this doctor's office just because I don't like her staff. If the doctor would replace her staff with more attentive caring individuals that don't overbook her, I would surely stay.

January 19th, 2011

Excellent Ped

I love Dr. Selem! She is patient, takes her time at EVERY visit, no matter what it's for. Always asks if we have any questions and listens intently to our concerns. No question is ever thought of as stupid or insignificant. I wish she was MY doctor! I have no plans in ever changing her and going somewhere else. If she's accepting...pick her!

October 25th, 2010

the front girls are awesome they are nice and playfull with the baby. the dr is the best i wouldnt go anywhere else

October 12th, 2010

Dr. Selem really does care!

Dr Selem was the only doc that actually took the time to examine our baby when we discovered he was unable to drink his milk. We saw several other physicians during this difficult time and received different responses. The only one that took the time to actually examine and ask questions to come to a conclusion was Dr Selem...she referred us to a specialist and all was resolved. I would not change pediatricians for any reason- our son is four years old now and has not seen another physician since birth!

September 14th, 2009

I've taken all my kids to Dr Selem for a few years now, she is excellent. Unfortunately when my son was born she was no longer taking new MediCal patients, so he does not see her. But I have no complaints with her, the office staff is a bit disorganized, they have lost my appointment time twice now..but otherwise the Dr is great.

November 13th, 2015