Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
 |  excellent  |  show details
by michelle emmelman on Apr 6th, 2014

Dr. Scarlett Monroy-Alba is the most compassionate doctor I have ever had ! I am so very sorry she is not in practice in Tampa at this time . My children have all had a hard time adjusting to not having her as their PCP , as have I .

|  Dr. Alba is a kind and caring doctor  |  show details
by Donna B. on Mar 31st, 2014

I was so sad when I learned that Dr. Alba was leaving the medical field, at least that's what her staff told me. I went to her Lutz office and never waited more than 20 minutes for my appointment. Dr. Alba took as much time with you as you needed to explain your health condition. I think she's a kind, caring doctor and if I had the chance to be her patient again, I would grab it! D.B.

|  Run away from this so called doctor.  |  show details
by So disappointed! on Sep 17th, 2013

This Doctor Alba has lost sense of what's right for her patients. The worst part is her staff lies and Dr. Alba could care less. She doesn't acknowledge faxes for prescription refills for life threatening illnesses, and she cancels your appointments & rescedules when it good for her. Then when you get there you have wait just about 1hr to be called. Then another 30 minutes for her to come to the room. Her office manager is a liar & a snake. She lies about not getting pharmacy faxes and doesn't care how long she puts you on hold. She had the nerve to put me on hold for what seemed like a eternity. Then put me to the voicemail when said she will be right back. When I called back they were not picking up the phone. I had no medication left and the doctor was not least bit worried. Her staff his demolishing her and it seems like she care. If u are a patient you better find a doctor before you get burned. If you are thinking of going to see Dr. Alba keep looking for another doctor. Trust me I found one and I get medical care that everyone deserves!

Aug 6th, 2013

My last visit with Dr. Scarlette Alba was a doctor's visit that no patient should have to go through. I was humiliated, improperly diagnosed and kept waiting in the waiting room for too long. At the end of my appointment I was informed that I would have to make another appointment, pay for another office visit & additional lab tests, if I wanted Dr. Alba to write refills on all of my prescriptions. I was speechless! I had brought empty bottles for all prescriptions for her review and now I was going to have to pay for TWO office visits and TWO sets of lab tests every month for her to manage my medications. I guess this is what you call, "over billing insurance companies for un-necessary office visits and lab tests. Then, a couple of weeks later I received a lab bill for more tests which were ordered and billed to me WITHOUT ANY PRIOR APPROVAL totaling over $1000. The final straw was drawn when refills were requested the next month by my pharmacy and Dr. Alba refused to answer the pharmacy's faxes and calls for over 4 weeks. This resulted in my going without medications for weeks. Now I am with a new doctor. At least now perhaps I can be treated as a patient should be treated and receive the PROPER MEDICAL CARE.

|  Worst staff ever  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2013

This office has the worst customer service. They made errors in billing and after months of trying to get it fixed, nothing has been resolved.

|  BURN ME ONCE SHAME ON ME..........  |  show details
by Kathy D. on Mar 7th, 2013

Dr. Alba, starts off like a lamb and ends up eventually as a lion, plan on it & get out before it happens. This doctor has moved 4 times in as many years, only to end up where she started, what's up with this? Give you any clus to her thought process? This is second time "things expired". After her last move, of which there was a late notification, after she had moved and blew the last 3 months of 2012 of me seeing a doctor or getting any referals. Then told no longer accepted my insurance but, it was in the works, then accepted insurance & apt. scheduled. I showed up early for appointmet to be met by an empty waiting room, 2 receptionists, that acted like pit-bulls & to be told my insurance was not accepted. No one called to cx my apt. I drove 45 minutes to Lutz for a doctor that had done this before, to not even come out and talk to me in person. After following Dr. Alba around Hillsborough county (Lutz, Temple Terrace, Odessa & back to Lutz for 4-5 years, taking my family to her, making referals to friends and church members, I was dismissed without any recognition of the terrible position I hadbeen left in. No health care for the end of 2012 and begining of 2013, starting over again today & I have chronic health issues, which she was unable to diagnose. My advise is to run, not walk away from this doctor as you surely will end up burned also.

|  Do not recommend for infants!  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2013

Dr. Alba and her staff are very courteous and caring. In regards to my care, I had no concerns. I liked her a lot. Then, when I went to bring my son to his first appointment, I found out that she had completely moved her practice. I received no notification of the change (no letter or phone call or anything). Although qualified, I do not recommend Dr. Alba for infants. She was wonderful with my son in person and checked him thoroughly. However, she did not provide his immunizations in a timely manner and sometimes had difficulty following-up in a timely manner. I waited over a month to try to schedule an appointment for my son to get the rest of his 2 month immunizations. The appointment never happened and I never heard back from the staff! The first time, I was told that the immunizations had been ordered call back in 2 weeks. Then, I was told that the company had cancelled the order because they needed Dr. Alba's new information; call back in a week. I called back in a week and it was explained to me that the company had cancelled the order because Dr. Alba needed to update her license. It was explained to me that she had done so and was awaiting information from the state; they would call me once the order arrived. I was never called and my son had been missing his 2 immunizations for over a month. This was not ok with me when my son would be starting daycare soon! At times I had to contact the office the following day because my phone call was not returned.

Jan 13th, 2012

Best Doctor I have ever had. Is very inteligent, and doesn't talk down to you as the pt. She takes as long as it's needed to go over your concerns/issues. So glad I found her.

|  New Location  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2011

New Location: 8309 Gunn Hwy, Tampa, Fl 33626. No longer at Busch address. Has her own practice "Family Medical Healthcare" She is near Sickles High School in the Keystone Professional Park.Excellent doctor!! Have followed her from N. Dale Mabry to Busch and now new office.

Apr 10th, 2011

Dr. Alba has been taking care of my 88 year old mom for almost 5 months. She treats my mom with respect and caring. I think she works with my mom in the same gentle kind way she would work with her own mom.

|  Very Caring  |  show details
by Anonymous on Nov 22nd, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

I first found Dr Alba in Brandon while experiencing an outbreak of hives. Through diagnostics, I was alergic to 55 different foods. After 18 months ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
 |  THe best  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2009

Reception was good, approach to the issue was the best..and the solution amazing

|  Lost my DR  |  show details
Dec 28th, 2008

Best Dr I ever had she left persons clinic and I have no way of finding her. If anyone has a clue email at rl.1972@yahoo.com