A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Schahram Akbarian:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Akbarian
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Akbarian Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Developmental Disorders
- Rett Syndrome
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Akbarian graduated from Freie Universitaet Berlin.
Dr. Akbarian has 4 hospital affiliations:
- U Mass Memorial Med Ctr - Memorial Campus
- UMass Memorial Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Schahram Akbarian MD and PHD is a male Psychiatrist, has 23 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Schahram Akbarian practice?
- Dr. Schahram Akbarian has 1 office location.
Dr. Schahram Akbarian practices Psychiatry near Worcester, MA.
See Worcester Psychiatrists.