Neurologists

Torrance
4101 Torrance Blvd
Torrance, CA 90503
310-540-7676
Locations and availability (5)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  rude, unkind, never again  |  show details
by unhappy patient on Jul 18th, 2014

This Dr. was rude, seemed not interested in my health, not polite, unkind, and in a selfish manner just walked out of the examining room without a comment. No diagnosis, no follow up.

|  Horrible bedside manner  |  show details
by Son of deceased patient on Jun 14th, 2014

Dr. Co was referred to give us a 2nd opinion after my mom suffered a stroke post-op at Torrance Memorial. It was pretty clear my mom was in poor shape (this was 1 day post surgery) with no responsiveness. Dr. Co was cold and took 0 effort to explain the diagnosis. Ultimately he coldly told us while we were standing at a nurses station "she's gone and you need to move forward with removing life support." That was my experience with Dr. Co. I can only feel sorry for his full time patients and their families.

|  Wife of patient of Dr. Co  |  show details
by Florence Kay on Dec 13th, 2013

My experience with Dr. Co was not a good one, to say the least. My husband died of Lewy Body Disease this past summer. Although husband's symptoms were classic LBD, when I approached Dr. Co about it, he annoyingly and patronizingly scolded me, insisting husband had Alzheimer's with possible Parkinsonian signs. He told me, "Let me worry about diagnosis, not you". Tragedy (in my humble opinion) was that, in refusing to acknowledge the PD/LBD possibility, Dr. Co continued pharmacological regimen for treatment of AD--which, I discovered can severely worsen symptoms of a LBD patient. I'm no neurologist, but it just seemed as if this doctor was impatient, condescending and intellectually lazy.

|  Needs to listen to his patients  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2011

If you prefer a doctor who listens to their patients, explains test results in a language you can understand and generally appears to care about their patients, I would NOT recommend Dr. Co. I usually follow the standard of the receptionist being a representative of the quality of the doctor. I should have followed the normal rule and kept searching for a neurologist. As a new patient making the first appointment, the receptionist sounded lost, hurried and unconcerned. She also did not mention Dr. Co only accepts cash and checks for the co-payment. Since the appointment was within a few weeks and the other neurologists I called were available one month later, decided to keep the appointment. Dr. Co would better benefit his patients by listening to them. Dr. Co asks you to explain why you are visiting him and during your explanation, cuts you off to ask different questions. Needed to re-direct our conversation several times to be able to explain my short history of loss of balance, nausea, and lightheadedness. He requested a brain MRI and at the follow up appointment, appeared to be in a hurry and seemed as if he had made up his mind that there was nothing wrong with me. I tried several times to ask him a question about the brain MRI results and when I was finally able to ask the question, he kept interrupting me and would not let me finish my thought process. Dr. Co asked if I had seen my primary doctor since our last visit. His office asked me to make an MRI appointment and follow up appointment with Dr. Co, no mention of needing to see my primary doctor as well.

|  Pretty Good Nueroligst, Not Great.  |  show details
by Fred on Apr 17th, 2010

When I had a nervous breakdown, my shrink sent me to him to get a brain scan (MRI).He was okay. I didn't like the fact that he kept making jokes like "you see any tumors in your scans yet". Maybe he was trying to put me at ease. In any event, he's not a hack, but not a great doc either.