Dr. Schenley Co Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Schenley Co?

Terrible Doctor, Terrible Person

Posted on August 30th, 2016

He will not listen to you or explain anything clearly. You will be rushed out of his office and he will dismiss your health conditions. He is extremely arrogant and will not admit his mistakes even when it has jeapordized your health.

Don't go near this doctor!!!

Posted on October 6th, 2015

Warning! It is difficult to get an appointment with a good neurologist. I should have been skeptical when I got in with Dr Co within one week. I recently got a very scary diagnosis and went for a second opinion. This man has the bedside manner of a pit bull. Expressed zero empathy for a patient, speaks in a manner that makes it almost impossible to understand and seems to be uninterested in helping you understand diagnosis and treatment. He seemed put out by the 20 minutes he spent with me, and was not only completely uninformative but abrasive and an overall horrible Doctor.. Reccomend this man only to people you hate. I would have been better served giving that 35 dollars to a homeless person rather than to this creep.

Poor service

Posted on April 10th, 2015

The doctor was very brief, and I did not feel like he did a thorough job. He told me there were several medication options for my condition, and then prescribed me the same medication he had prescribed the previous patient. It turned out the medication he prescribed was not the one he described to me. In addition, it had side effects that were not acceptable to me when I researched it on my own. (makes birth control ineffective-as a 30 year old female on birth control, that should have been brought to my attention by the doctor before prescribing!) A few months later, my primary care provider referred me to a neurologist again to test carpal tunnel. She told me I could call myself and did not need a referral. I tried Dr. Co's office again, despite my reservations due to the convenience, and I was treated rudely by the staff. I politely told them that my doctor said I did not need a referral, and the staff very rudely told me I did. Because of the rude treatment by staff and the poor quality of service I received on my prior visit, I will make a longer trip to see another doctor.

rude, unkind, never again

Posted on July 18th, 2014

This Dr. was rude, seemed not interested in my health, not polite, unkind, and in a selfish manner just walked out of the examining room without a comment. No diagnosis, no follow up.

Horrible bedside manner

Posted on June 14th, 2014

Dr. Co was referred to give us a 2nd opinion after my mom suffered a stroke post-op at Torrance Memorial. It was pretty clear my mom was in poor shape (this was 1 day post surgery) with no responsiveness. Dr. Co was cold and took 0 effort to explain the diagnosis. Ultimately he coldly told us while we were standing at a nurses station "she's gone and you need to move forward with removing life support." That was my experience with Dr. Co. I can only feel sorry for his full time patients and their families.

Wife of patient of Dr. Co

Posted on December 14th, 2013

My experience with Dr. Co was not a good one, to say the least. My husband died of Lewy Body Disease this past summer. Although husband's symptoms were classic LBD, when I approached Dr. Co about it, he annoyingly and patronizingly scolded me, insisting husband had Alzheimer's with possible Parkinsonian signs. He told me, "Let me worry about diagnosis, not you". Tragedy (in my humble opinion) was that, in refusing to acknowledge the PD/LBD possibility, Dr. Co continued pharmacological regimen for treatment of AD--which, I discovered can severely worsen symptoms of a LBD patient. I'm no neurologist, but it just seemed as if this doctor was impatient, condescending and intellectually lazy.

Needs to listen to his patients

Posted on April 15th, 2011

If you prefer a doctor who listens to their patients, explains test results in a language you can understand and generally appears to care about their patients, I would NOT recommend Dr. Co. I usually follow the standard of the receptionist being a representative of the quality of the doctor. I should have followed the normal rule and kept searching for a neurologist. As a new patient making the first appointment, the receptionist sounded lost, hurried and unconcerned. She also did not mention Dr. Co only accepts cash and checks for the co-payment. Since the appointment was within a few weeks and the other neurologists I called were available one month later, decided to keep the appointment. Dr. Co would better benefit his patients by listening to them. Dr. Co asks you to explain why you are visiting him and during your explanation, cuts you off to ask different questions. Needed to re-direct our conversation several times to be able to explain my short history of loss of balance, nausea, and lightheadedness. He requested a brain MRI and at the follow up appointment, appeared to be in a hurry and seemed as if he had made up his mind that there was nothing wrong with me. I tried several times to ask him a question about the brain MRI results and when I was finally able to ask the question, he kept interrupting me and would not let me finish my thought process. Dr. Co asked if I had seen my primary doctor since our last visit. His office asked me to make an MRI appointment and follow up appointment with Dr. Co, no mention of needing to see my primary doctor as well.

Pretty Good Nueroligst, Not Great.

Posted on April 18th, 2010

When I had a nervous breakdown, my shrink sent me to him to get a brain scan (MRI).He was okay. I didn't like the fact that he kept making jokes like "you see any tumors in your scans yet". Maybe he was trying to put me at ease. In any event, he's not a hack, but not a great doc either.

Posted on September 19th, 2017