Dr. Scot Richardson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3
  • 23 reviews

November 1st, 2016
He Listened To ME
An unlikely but very important hero in my life is my neurologist Dr. Richardson, who listened and believed me when I told him what was happening to me. He ran the tests that would help me find an answer and keeps me functioning as a active member of society to this day. For me, every day that I get out of bed and take on the day is a victory and I am truly blessed for having a good doctor.

October 11th, 2016
Visits
Dr Richardson, Doesn't give up on his patients. He tries to find the right solutions to help them. Great Staff, they work with you in more then one way

September 21st, 2016
Great Doctor!
I've been treating my migraines with Dr. Scot Richardson he is always there and never turns me away. He knows what to do... And my pain is mild and sometimes it goes away in 2-3 weeks. When I call for help he's always there, along with the girls working for him. Other doctors take 10-15 minutes and will see you next 2-3 weeks, Dr. Richardson takes his time to help. He talks to you, pays attention to you, and listens. I have been a pt. since 1-25-2012, that tells you he's great.

September 6th, 2016
Would have died...should have discovered my Tumor inside my heart
I was referred by a friend as I had problems that shared symptoms with what was supposedly and possibly MS according to Dr. Richardson--my one eye was not working properly (double vision) and I was getting headaches. For SEVERAL MONTHS I had to go through painful, multitude of tests (including a spinal tap that went wrong at the recommended hospital). He wanted to put me on Copaxone right away as he came to the conclusion it was MS, which when I talked to several people, Copaxone doesn't heal MS, and has all kinds of side effects--I personally didn't like this idea. My wife encouraged me to find outside professional medical opinions, including stem cell therapy under a research group. In order to participate in this stem cell program, it required approval from a physician (at that time it was Dr. Richardson for me) to green light to get a simple EKG and other basic, painfree preliminary tests. He refused and called them "snake oil salesmen". He treated me like a child. I was forced to go to an Urgent Care Center (UCC) to receive the most simplest of tests to qualify me for the Stem Cell Therapy program. It was there that a simple EKG test revealed a 5% depression in my heart rhythm. UCC said they thought it necessary to send me to another doctor to receive a Ultrasound to play it safe. There they discovered a tumor in my heart in the right atrium. This lead to other doctors in the process that confirmed that I had a tumor the size under a baseball (six centimeters). Within a couple of weeks I had emergency open heart surgery to remove the tumor. The tumor was so large it was starting to break apart causing lesions in my brain mimicking MS. Thank God it was benign. If Dr. Richardson had just started with the basics, and given me a simple EKG test, we would have discovered my tumor. I tried calling his office and spoke to his staff relating my story, after my long journey of healing from my open heart surgery. I never heard by from Dr. Richardson. Take what you will from my tale, but I cannot recommend Dr. Richardson.

August 25th, 2016
Arrogant prig.
Dr. Richardson is an arrogant jerk. We made an appt for a consult and he took patients before me who had appointment times after me. I asked to reschedule and he said that if I wasn't willing to wait more than an hour, he wouldn't take me as a patient. He can kiss my butt. As if he were the only neurologist around. Moron! Even if he was the only one I wouldn't go!

July 15th, 2016
Having been a patient for more than ten years, I have a lot of respect for Dr. Richardson. Dr. Richardson's strength for me is the supportive data he utilizes in diagnosis and my treatment for MS. I have corroborated his efforts with diagnoses/treatment from Chief of staff in Neuerology at UCLA, and, Cedar Sinai. Remarks include they appreciate working with Dr. Richardson for the data and reports he provides. Through treatment, I have never felt better, even with such a debilitating condition.

June 15th, 2016
Don't trust the 3.0 rating. Definitely a 5+.
Never been so comfortable with a doctor. Richardson is great, and seemed frustrated with the same things I was which showed me he cared about things that patients care about, pain, insurance companies screwing things up, other offices messing up or giving me wrong drugs or information etc etc. I'm 21 and will have my condition for the rest of my life and I plan to stay with Richardson to see through it all. He's helped unlike any doctor I've seen, even with things not to do with my initial visit. He's very confident in his help and assures me he'll figure things out.

November 23rd, 2015
Greedy Fake Doctor
After three years of being a dedicated patient, Dr. Scot Richardson would not see me because I could not pay a balance of $1,200.00 on that very day. Mind you my insurance had not had a chance to pay their part. I had balances with Dr. Scot Richardson over a three year period and I ALWAYS PAID $100.00 per month till the balance came down. ALWAYS! My balance was higher than usual due to a battery of tests Dr. Scot Richardson had done in his office on me. Tests that once again were inconclusive! I was in shock and I actually went into a short depression as if chronic nerve pain was not enough for me to handle. I thought I had build up a strong relationship with Dr. Scot Richardson but it turns out all he cares about is money. He also goes through staff like crazy and when I asked one of his previous staff members why she went into all of his crazy demands regarding how to get money from patients. I am so disheartened! Forget about his Hippocratic Oath! All you are to him is some thousand dollar bills and after he is sure he has gotten that out of you Dr. Scot Richardson will kick you to the curb while you are in serious pain.

October 13th, 2015
I have several diagnoses and have been to other Neurologist. ( I am also a retired Nurse) Dr Richardson Started from scratch when I first met him and We developed a plan . He listens to what I have to say and follow ups are made promptly when I am finished with the exam. He staff is always very friendly and accommodating ( I'm not always at my best when I go in)

May 17th, 2015
run, don't walk
he ran tons of tests most were unneeded but went along with it thinking he might know something other dr didn't.... then came down with the flu on sunday afternoon, called 802am to cancel my appt as i didnt want his office to get the flu, now being told i will be charged 150.00 for cancelling the appt even thoe i called and spoke to them first thing in the am. very poor caring skills for his patients.... no wonder why the waiting room was empty each time i went there i would tell anyone to run from this office and do yourself a favor

April 28th, 2015
Left in the Dark!
I was a patient of his for several years and followed through with all his recommendations- received a certified letter saying he would no longer be my doctor with no explanation.

April 14th, 2015
TERRIBLE OFFICE INTERACTIONS
I have never encountered such poor communication and rudeness regarding simple follow-ups, including expectation management and prescription refills. After multiple attempts to refill a migraine medicine and being denied for no apparent reason, I left a message that I wanted to speak with the doctor. The next week I received a bill for $50 for the "after hours" phone call, which I had not been informed of, and in trying to resolve with the office staff they said that it was my decision but if I didn't pay it they would send me to collections. I never requested an after-hours phone call, and only sought clarification from the doctor. NEVER AGAIN! His rude staff, long wait times, and difficulty in refilling prescriptions IS NOT WORTH IT. Go elsewhere!