Dr. Scot Sullivan MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Portland, OR

September 17th, 2015
Get another opinion!
Get a second and third opinion! I wasted a year with him. I kept telling him I felt like a plug or something was stuck up in my eyelid. Well he did other things like remove the plica and my eye still bothered me. He also put some sort of string inside my eye lid (can't remember what it was called) for a year. Finally while he was preforming another procedure, a plug that should have dissolved on it's own over time was found stuck in my inner upper eye lid area. It literally almost fell out! If he had listened to me, I wouldn't have had to have all these procedures and been in chronic pain for over a year. After it came out, naturally my eye was inflamed and sore, his eyes lit up with more dollar signs and he suggested yet another procedure, he said he had time the next day and could get me in. I ran and didn't go back. I went to a different dr who just rinsed my eye and didn't perform any procedures or surgery and my eyes was fine after that. I guess he wouldn't have gotten all that money if he had simply listened to me from the start.

October 2nd, 2014
Awesome experience. Would recommend highly. Did an excellent job with my surgery.

August 25th, 2014
A lifesaver
Dr. Sullivan spent about 45 minutes looking at a ct scan and discovered something that 2 other oculoplastic surgeons could not find. The difference his two procedures made in my life was drastic and I am very grateful. When I wait a few minutes in his office I don't mind because I figure he is taking the time necessary to really help someone else.

December 23rd, 2013
Excellent outcome!
My surgery for bilateral ptosis had a great result. I no longer look like I am asleep all the time! I cannot believe how much my field of vision has improved as well. My general ophthalmologist, who referred me to Dr. Sullivan, said he used to do blepharoplasty surgery until he saw what beautiful results Dr. Sullivan obtained. To me, that is an amazing vote of confidence! And best of all -- it was TRUE.

July 6th, 2013
Odd experience.
Not happy with my experience. It was life changing and not in a good way. Not sure if he was too busy to pay attention to details of eye surgery, or just messed it up. After trying three times to get things right, went to another doctor that did his best to salvage my eye and minimize scar tissue created by botched eye surgery. Still have vision problems and out of proportion eyes from my original surgery that I will have to live with.

November 27th, 2012
I would have no problem telling any one I know to go to Dr.Sullivan. Both he and his staff..We're both very kind and efficient. We found the problem I had and took care of it in a safe and timely way..I have been very happy with the results.

November 27th, 2011
Disappointed
After several years of eye issues (and appointments with several other doctors) I was refered to Dr. Sulivan by another Doctor. I went to him for probably around a years time and had at least two different procedures done. My eye issues were never resolved while seeing this doctor. After I decided to try a different specialist, within three months my eye issues have been resolved. I wish things could have been resolved a lot sooner, it would have saved me a lot of time and money.

August 12th, 2009
patient from oklahoma
I saw Dr. Sullivan at the Dean McGee Eye Institute in OKC back in 2002 and 2004, due to Basal Cell Carcinomas and in 2002 he ended up doing a reconstuction of my tear duct as well following Mohs surgery. He was wonderful bedside manner and showed compassion for the patient and their needs. He talked to me; and made me feel important. Explaining/educating me to where I knew what was going on and I trusted him even when things were a little more extensive than what I expected. I wish he did not move from OKC. I still consider him a friend and my doctor.