laproscopic appendectomy - 1st surgery! show details laproscopic appendectomy - 1st surgery!
by Sara Garberg on Jun 16th, 2016

Dr. Fields was great! This was my first surgery (laparoscopic appendectomy) & it was totally out of left field. He was very thorough with his diagnosis & explained the whole spiel to me, my mother & my grandmother. Answered every question & even assured me that my appendix was coming out one way or another to prevent future tragedy! I started crying once I was on the operating room table due to anxiety, stress & I guess you could say I was a little nervous. He held my hand and promised me everything was going to be okay! Just that little gesture helped me more than he will ever know. Thank you Dr. Fields for being an amazing human being & a great surgeon. Highly recommended to anyone out there and should I need any more surgeries (as sweet as he is, fingers crossed this one did the trick) I know who I will be pushing for!

Sep 22nd, 2015

I had a bunch of Hernia stuff that needed to be done, new insurance with limited Dr's and no referral. Dr Fields had excellent online reviews so I went with him. Good choice! Excellent results, good surgeon, good bedside the manner.

by Marie on Aug 11th, 2015

Puts you at ease right away. ..

May 8th, 2015

Wonderful doctor! Very informative and thorough. Great bedside manner

Feb 25th, 2015

the best

An AWESOME Interaction! show details An AWESOME Interaction!
by Steve C. on Dec 22nd, 2013

I will start off with, what a GREAT doctor! When I went to see him for a consultation, I was running 15 minutes late. I called his office to reschedule and the Doctor Fields had said come on in ?!?!? Now for the surgery day. I am a "why" guy. I want to know why because of my love of knowledge. He was very patient with me(that's AMAZING for the people that know me). Throughout the surgery, he kept me informed of what he was going to do and what I might feel. That was very reassuring to me. The procedure was very quick, and he was very personable(during surgery?!?!?). This is not what I am use to with an interaction with a doctor. Most doctors are very very "dry" and clinical. This is a very genuine caring man. What an AWESOME human being!!! I would and have recommended him to other people. On a side note, I don't have time nor will I make time to give praise to the expected level of service or "status quo". Not all doctors are the same. Just because one goes to medical school and pass all the exams does not make a doctor. Technically, maybe.There is that one intangible...that thing that makes a doctor truly great. That thing makes you feel confident of what they tell you and make you feel at ease knowing they will do everything they can to help you. For YOU, not for the financial gain. Doctor Fields is TRULY an exceptionally , customer service oriented doctor. What a GREAT example of what a doctor should be and aspire to. I am grateful that I was able to interact with a person such as he. Thank you, thank you very much Dr. Fields.

Apr 3rd, 2012

excellent doctor very successful appendix surgery no scarsbest of the best thanks doctor Fields

This doctor is one of the best, period. show details This doctor is one of the best, period.
Feb 2nd, 2012

After four years of misery and multiple surguries, Dr. Fields was able to get give a spot on diagnosis and treatment. He takes care of the whole family regarding surgeries. Should of consulted him first.

Sep 19th, 2011

Where do I start...After finding a mass on my right breast I was refered to Dr FieldsFrom the min we met, and he saw that I'm confined to a WheelchairHe wanted to know as much as I wouldTell him about my conditionAnd promised me He would doEverything possible to Help meWhile keeping what he just learned and What turned out to be my invasive DuctalCarcinoma in mind as he decided what Was best to treat it.He decided I needed a mastectomy and a lymph node biopsyHe knew that could cause lympodemaWhich could take away the use of that arm for me.He offered an alternative and to talk to an oncologist on my behalfTo see if he could take less lymphnodesHe gave me many chances to ask ??On the morning of and just mins before surgeryWas to start I told himI had 1 more question, He said you can ask me 2000.00 if you want Then said if I wanted to change my mindAbout the double mastectomy we agreed on.I could and he would do what I wanted instead.I was very worried about going homeSince I couldnt use my upper body,especially my armsAnd my only help is my 69yr old mom.Dr fields again promised me He would Not send me home until I had any home support fromThe hospital that he could provide.I ended up staying in the hospital 5 daysHe said how about we make your discharge day also your follow upVisit with me so you won't have toWorry about coming to my office?I already had a follow upWith my Plastic Surgeon and he couldn't wait to get me in his officeNo matter how hard it was getting out of my car 2 days after being discharged.I can with no doubt saythat Dr. Scott Fields is the best Dr I've had as an adultAnd Handsome too.I even asked him if there was any wayHe could be my primary Dr.He smiled and said No,but Trust me you don't want that,I could tell youYes you have a Blood PresureBut that's about it...lolHe even took a ugly skin tag off for meAnd said it would cost me a quarter :)I would recommend him in a Heartbeat

Apr 26th, 2011

I was very impressed on the staff & Dr. Fields. Dr. Fields made me feel very comfortable and very sure everything was going to go well.

Jan 5th, 2011

Great bedside manners. I would definitely recommend Dr. Fields. I felt at ease before and after my surgery. A

The best of the best! show details The best of the best!
by KIAN on Jan 30th, 2009

I highly recommend this phenomenal physician. It is rare that you find such compassion in a doctor this young.