Dr. Scott Wilson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

July 5th, 2016
This is NO "Doctor"
My husband is the patient. He "inherited" Dr. Wilson from his prior doctor who retired. Early on he actually saw Dr. Wilson at his appointments and felt he had developed a good rapport with his new doctor. But after a few years this 'practice' grew into a business where he no longer sees patients but has many nurse practitioners (NPs) who handle his patients. The office insists on seeing my husband every 3 months for check ups and blood work. This is when he requests prescription refills. There is rarely a follow up to any of the irregularities in test results or health concerns. I see and hear my husband's frustration. I try to keep his prescriptions filled however this always involves follow up phone calls to the office - sometime as many as 4 or 5. Sometimes he runs out of his medications. And then the 3 month visit comes again, and its the same thing again. And again. And to make the whole experience yet even more impersonal, the NPs have secretaries who will return their phone calls. So we don't deal with the Doctor, or the NP but their secretaries. As we read all the other negative experiences left her by other patients we wonder if the Doctor reads these reviews. And if he does, what does he think about them? We would like to ask him to stop being "THE MAN" and start being more of "THE DOCTOR". We would ask that he consider the patients who chose him and put their trust in him for their care. We ask that he again start treating his "Practice" more like a Practice putting patients first where they should be and less like a Buisness where patients are simply a number, or dollar, or just a bother.

April 18th, 2016
HE IS THE MAN!!!

March 10th, 2016
After being a patient for a period of years, I have only seen Dr Wilson once for a brief ten minutes. I have only been seen by nurse practitioners, and truthfully, this is not what I want from a doctor. We pay high health care coverage rates, and I expect to see a physician. I understand that a nurse practitioner is helpful in an office, but I want to be seen by a doctor.

January 20th, 2016
VERY RUDE TO LEAVE PERSON ON PHONE WAITING.

September 12th, 2015
Find Another Practice
If you expect to see a physician, do not go to this practice. If you expect ANY feedback on any test results, prepare to call and call and call again and again and again. The staff are rude. The NPs are ill prepared to take care of any patient. And the MD is not available. Go elsewhere!!!

July 20th, 2015
Not a great experience
My husband use to dr chang who dr Wilson took over for so we thought we would give him a try. He had to come in twice for a annual visit. The second visit he was supposed to see the doctor who never showed up and ended up seeing the PA. I needed to have the visit filed to my insurance for my companies wellness and it took them over 6 months to file the claim. The office was not helpful. I would never recommend.

July 15th, 2015
New Patient
I am a new Patient. I thought I was seeing a Dr but had a PA, I thought I would give them a try. first visit went fine. I have sever pain and numbness in my left leg...no calls, no follow up report on an MRI and I have called, only get a voicemail and no return calls. ?????????????I am not sure how I am feeling about my experience

April 28th, 2015
The Absolute Worst
This guy is by far the most pompous, arrogant jerk I've ever met. Everyone in the office makes you feel like you're an inconvenience. This practice is a joke. DO NOT GO HERE!

April 24th, 2015
Doctor ??? what doctor You will never see Dr. Wilson
I have been with Dr. Wilson for approximately 18 months. I have seen him ONCE for about 2 minutes. He had 4-5 PA that do all the work for him. The PA are very friendly and nice but are not doctors. There knowledge falls short. As for the office staff, they are RUDE and it is like a circus in the front office. STAY AWAY

April 9th, 2015
The Cumberland staff is courteous but you will never see a doctor and the billing procedures are beyond chaotic.

March 9th, 2015
Long time patient
I have been a patient of Dr. Wilson for a number of years now. Yes, the practice has grown and yes, he does rely on the PA's, however, they are very friendly and knowledgeable. I have never had a problem getting my prescriptions filled and there is hardly any wait time. I will agree that there does seem to be a high turn over with the PA's and it is rare that I see Dr. Wilson, but I am fine with who I meet! They have all been caring and polite. The office staff are very good and are willing to help any way they can.

February 8th, 2015
run don't walk to another MD
this office has gone SOUTH quickly and patient care is not to be found.