Dr. Scott Appell Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Scott Appell?

January 6th, 2017

Wonderful, knowledgeable doctor

Dr. Appell doesn't suggest a procedure unless the procedure is really necessary. He has operated on me 4 times. He is one of only a few doctors I know who came out to the waiting room to discuss my surgery with my husband just after the surgery was complete. His follow up is excellent. Dr. Appell is very patient and caring. I would give him a higher score if possible. Dr. Appell's office staff is very friendly and helpful as well.

June 16th, 2016

He is the best doctor i have ever experienced. I wish there were more like him.

October 19th, 2015

Excellent Orthopedic Surgeon

Dr. Appell repaired my rotator cuff several years ago. I was in my fifties and regained full motion within 4 weeks. Have never had any more problems with it. I am considering knee replacement surgery and I would never go to anyone but him! Also, he is now at the new hospital, Grandview. I went on a tour of the hospital and it is beautiful. State of the art technology! I would recommend Dr. Appell to anyone who wants their surgery done right the first time!

September 5th, 2015

Dr. Appell and his staff were very professional. Office wait time was minimal for an orthopedic office. He is an excellent surgeon and I would definitely use him again.

June 22nd, 2015

Excellent!

Replaced both of my hips. Did an awesome job. I was in pain for years prior and was addicted to opiates. He did an excellent job and because I made him aware of my addiction, helped in reducing my dependence on opiates. I have been mostly pain free (what pain I do have has been relieved through exercise) and have not taken any opiates for almost two years.

February 23rd, 2015

Most excellent staff of nurses and PA's. Dr. Appell is a wonderful doctor, taking time to listen and accurately pin point problems. He has taken care of my shoulder, my elbow and most recently a bone spur on my heel. I would recommend him without hesitation.

October 8th, 2013

Disappointed Patient

Through no fault of his own I am giving Dr. Appell a 3 star rating. I had issues with a joint replacement when I came to his practice, which by the way, he came highly recommended and was trained by a top notch Dr. I really believe he wanted to help me but visiting a Dr. is alot like buying a car. The car is nice but if you can't get it serviced (his staff) then it is of no value to you. Dr. Appell is surrounded by an incompetent, rude and obnoxious staff. The girls at the front wanted to charge me $15.00 a page to complete FMLA paperwork I needed for work, were indifferent and not very personable. I needed to see a Neurologist and was already established with one so I called his staff and asked them 1 week prior to my appointment to send physicians order for tests. The day of my appt. I am calling them to fax and they try to fax to my cell. They sent to Neurologists that I knew nothing about and I had to cancel appt. with them. After being a continuous patient all of a sudden I have no follow up appointment but I have no changes in the condition of my knee I came to him with in the beginning so I have the impression he is no longer interested in treating me, this and the fact of how rude is staff, assistant and nurse are. I told them I was tired of their incompetence and would make him aware. Now looking for a new orthopedic. Dr. Appell you need to replace your staff...

January 16th, 2012

Excellent doctor!!!!

July 30th, 2010

Notice his numerous addresses on file...

Makes you wonder why? Well I have a guess it's due to his co-workers and staff not getting along with him any more than patients!

June 14th, 2010

He knows what he is doing

I had had 3 prior shoulder surgeries to correct an injury. None we successful even after 4 months of isolation of the shoulder joint from any movement. Dr. Appell worked on my shoulder, It was immobilized for 4 weeks and I have returned to full activities including competative softball. Never would have happened without Dr. Appell. I work in Medical Sales and see a lot of Doctors in the OR. He is a Gold Standard of Surgeons.

October 13th, 2008

Got an appointment day I called.Waited less than 10 minutes to actually see doctor, which is refreshing.Only problem was that I told staff both up front and in back to please use my cell phone and NOT my home phone. Was surprised to find out missed MRI appointment because they used, yep, home phone instead of cell.

September 13th, 2017